It sucks but Conor-Cerrone got watched by more people than Khabib-Gaethje by all metrics.

I’m not, just a truth speaker
"The Khabib novelty has worn off And he’s just a mid level draw"
Ah, yes. The cold, unbiased truth.
In what ways has his novelty worn off? And on what planet is he a mid-level draw? Also, what does Conor getting owned and retired by a "mid-level" draw say about him?

Surprised Conor fanboys don't understand the difference between buys and views.

UFC 254 obliterated the last Conor PPV in terms of views.

humping and proclaiming yourself a p4p best fighter when you miss weight repeatedly doesn't sell well.

that said, he looked great in his last couple fights.

it is a shame it took him so long to start finishing fights consistently

UFC 254 was the most watched event on the planet. Not just the U.S. or Russia. The entire Middle East, Asia, North Africa, Europe. Difference is PPV buys is Western-biased metric. TV deals are what the rest of the world have. I heard Dana say Abu Dhabi paid millions to pick their time slot. Khabib is a global phenom at this point.

not sure why that's s surprise. conor is easily the most popular mma fighter alive. and I hate the dork, but it's true

The UFC sold McGregor vs. Cerrone as a television pay-per-view event in international markets such as Canada, Australia, the U.K. and Ireland. 1 million buys in the US.

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...ly-1-Million-PayPerView-Buys-on-ESPN43-169683

That will help prop up the PPV numbers a bit. It's usually free in those countries, if you have the cable channel that carries it. (except maybe in Canada? Don't know about that one.) This would also keep the numbers of total viewers down in those countries.

TS says by any metric. And I seriously doubt that UFC 254 lost to 246. Khabib has a huge fan base worldwide. It's just in countries that people in the US don't pay that much attention to. About one out every four people in the entire world is Muslim. Around 1.8 billion people. And apparently 26 million Russians watched. Add in all the usual countries - US, Canada, Brazil, UK. That's going to be a lot of eyeballs.

I would like to see the actual numbers, because I'm just speculating here. I doubt more than 1% of Muslims were watching. But even one percent is still 18 million people.

Edit to add: I saw that 26 million number from Russia but it was for Khabib vs Dustin...

Drama? Conor and cowboy were very respectful to eachother. Facts are Mcgregor is more exciting and a bigger name than Khabib. Cowboy is more well known then Gaethje aswell(no matter what Sherdog says), The Khabib novelty has worn off And he’s just a mid level draw. Not bad but not Mcgregor.
View attachment 810722
McGregor is a fucking bum, why you nuthug so much?

This might only be true in the US, definitely not worldwide

Bob Sapp was watched by more viewers than every MMA fighter in the history of MMA... who gives a fuck lol

Back