It seems obvious Who Colin fights next

Most would and do against Khabib.

He's got some of the most stifling top game In all of MMA.

To say his grappling Is anything of note, I mean that's relative. He's a brown belt . Positionally and defensively he's quite competent. Otherwise he wouldn't have been able to do a few of the things he did against Nate and Khabib. Both of which are very high level grapplers. I mean, people who think the ankle sweep against Nate was a white belt move don't know what they're watching. A lot of subtle moves taking place are that of a competent grappler.

I don't think anyone's saying Conor's grappling Is special, particularly when compared with truly high level guys like Nate or Khabib..but he's a good grappler, definitely underrated.

If were to take Eddie bravo seriously, it sounds like he's a student of jiu jitsu as well with the correct mindset for learning. Why else would you bring In someone like Danis, a Marcelo Garcia black belt as your coach / training partner.

It's just one of those silly myths really. There's really no grapplers saying It from what I've seen
Two things:

A. He’s a brown belt under Kavannaugh. Belts mean different things, depending where you get it.

2. That “sweep” on Nate had a lot to do with Nate being off balance and just flowing with it.

But I do agree, his grappling isn’t as bad as most people claim it to be.

Two things:

A. He’s a brown belt under Kavannaugh. Belts mean different things, depending where you get it.

2. That “sweep” on Nate had a lot to do with Nate being off balance and just flowing with it.
I judge based on what I actually see them In there doing, not who they got their belt from.

Last edited:
Unless you get him really tired, i don't believe Conor isn't the easiest guy to submit.

he has very good defense
Yeah I just replied to you saying his grappling is underrated.

I think he’s in trouble on the ground with Cerrone, due to cerrones size and length, and grappling skills obviously. But on the feet, Cerrone is in trouble with the southpaw boxing.

Yeah I just replied to you saying his grappling is underrated.

I think he’s in trouble on the ground with Cerrone, due to cerrones size and length, and grappling skills obviously. But on the feet, Cerrone is in trouble with the southpaw boxing.
Only way I see Cerrone winning that fight Is if Conor beats himself before the fight starts really. Which is entirely possible. Maybe If he was younger I'd have a slightly different opinion.

Fights @ the top 5 really aren't the ones Cerrone should realistically be taking and expect to win at this stage of his career though. This is a payday

Only way I see Cerrone winning that fight Is if Conor beats himself before the fight starts really. Which is entirely possible. Maybe If he was younger I'd have a slightly different opinion.

Fights @ the top 5 really aren't the ones Cerrone should realistically be taking and expect to win at this stage of his career though. This is a payday
Not to hate on Conor, but his power wasn’t there in the Khabib fight. It’s probably because of him being worried to commit. But if he has lost the snap in his shots and doesn’t carry his power to LW, then he’s gonna eventually fade and probably get beat up.

I love this fight though.

Not to hate on Conor, but his power wasn’t there in the Khabib fight. It’s probably because of him being worried to commit. But if he has lost the snap in his shots and doesn’t carry his power to LW, then he’s gonna eventually fade and probably get beat up.

I love this fight though.
last fight his boxing looked pretty shit. definitely. Coming off the Floyd fight I think most of us expected his boxing to be better than ever

Styles tho, most of his camp was likely dedicated to wrestling / grappling.

In general, he just looked pretty flat / off his game. Whether that was all Khabib, who knows. There's a lot of questions as to where his head is at right now though, we won't really know where he stands at least until his next fight.

lol, how exactly? Is Cowboy suddenly a superior wrestler and grappler to khabib?
Cowboy is light years ahead of Conor on the ground . This fight can backfire for sure. If Cerrone can takedown or trip Conor theres a good chance Cerrone can get a submission win. Having Cerrone outgrappling Conor is a nightmare situation for Conor .

He fought just 3 heavy wrestling based fighters.
Lost one,won twice .
The TD threat is real but its not the reason he gets submitted a lot.
He gets submitted a lot? His first lost was a decade ago and he was working his ground and pound when his opponent caught him in a knee bar. It was his third professional fight. He was green. His second loss was 8 years ago and Duffy snatched a single and passed his guard. He was still green. His third loss he gassed and got rocked and panic wrestled and got submitted by a high level black belt. His third loss he got wrestlefucked by a beast in Khabib. No shame in losing to an undefeated fighter that imposes his will on everyone he faces. 4 submission losses in different fashions in 25 professional fights isn't getting submitted a lot in my opinion. He does have a cardio issue though. If his ground game was so horrible he would've been submitted by Chad Mendes. Instead he swept Mendes when he went for a submission and won that fight. I'm not sure what your point is, but it's not on solid ground.

last fight his boxing looked pretty shit. definitely. Coming off the Floyd fight I think most of us expected his boxing to be better than ever

Styles tho, most of his camp was likely dedicated to wrestling / grappling.

In general, he just looked pretty flat / off his game. Whether that was all Khabib, who knows. There's a lot of questions as to where his head is at right now though, we won't really know where he stands at least until his next fight.
Yeah, he looked horrible in that fight. He came out so arrogant like Khabib didn't deserve to be in there with him. Hopefully he was humbled by that whooping and takes every fight seriously. I think his boxing looked bad because he had to be weary of the wrestling though. I would love to see Conor and Khabib meet in the boxing ring. I'd pay to see that.

He gets submitted a lot? His first lost was a decade ago and he was working his ground and pound when his opponent caught him in a knee bar. It was his third professional fight. He was green. His second loss was 8 years ago and Duffy snatched a single and passed his guard. He was still green. His third loss he gassed and got rocked and panic wrestled and got submitted by a high level black belt. His third loss he got wrestlefucked by a beast in Khabib. No shame in losing to an undefeated fighter that imposes his will on everyone he faces. 4 submission losses in different fashions in 25 professional fights isn't getting submitted a lot in my opinion. He does have a cardio issue though. If his ground game was so horrible he would've been submitted by Chad Mendes. Instead he swept Mendes when he went for a submission and won that fight. I'm not sure what your point is, but it's not on solid ground.
When you have 4 losses and all of then are by submission,id say thats a lot.
Its basically a 100% average.

When you are doing “fine” until you get “caught” in a submission,you GOT submitted.

If you lose by submission when you are “green”( the same can be said of your opponent s)but when you are at your “prime” you still get submitted by another prime fighter.
Thats means you are lacking in the grappling area.

And i know is not that simplistic and I definitely know Conor is not a noob at grappling.

Its just that some silly gooses in here have a desperate need to overhype everything the guy does.

If he wants to stay relevant as a fighter,not a celebrity,he needs to fix at least one if his problems.

His gas tabk or his grappling overall.

He should just straight up be fighting Tony now, of course the UFC would never want that even though Tony is still calling Conor out.

Actually the 11 fight winstreak former interim LW champ should be fighting the LW champ.....oh wait the LW champ wants to make his 9 month suspension 12 months cause he feels its wrong the UFC suspend his teammate who sucker punched a fighter after a fight.

Khabib, who went on record saying violence is against his religion, its only okay to fight for sport......

I had a few beers in me at the time, I really do try hard not to be an asshole and discuss things intelligently and respectfully but i have my arrogant moments, particularly with beer In me and I apologize.

A lot of people don't really know what they're talking about though and It's hard for me to bite my tongue at times. Experience definitely can be a massive factor when it comes to technical breakdowns and analysis but it's not always the end all be all. There are many wise fans out there.

I'm only messing was just seeing how you react.

When you have 4 losses and all of then are by submission,id say thats a lot.
Its basically a 100% average.

When you are doing “fine” until you get “caught” in a submission,you GOT submitted.

If you lose by submission when you are “green”( the same can be said of your opponent s)but when you are at your “prime” you still get submitted by another prime fighter.
Thats means you are lacking in the grappling area.

And i know is not that simplistic and I definitely know Conor is not a noob at grappling.

Its just that some silly gooses in here have a desperate need to overhype everything the guy does.

If he wants to stay relevant as a fighter,not a celebrity,he needs to fix at least one if his problems.

His gas tabk or his grappling overall.
If you had sex with 25 girls and made 4 have an orgasm would you say you give a lot of girls orgasms? I don't think so. If you said his submission defense is weak I wouldn't argue that, but to say he gets submitted a lot is ridiculous.

Back