It really is a shame that Bader isn't fighting in the UFC/HW...

The amount of disrespect Bader gets is ridiculous. He was top 5 in the UFC LHW division when he left and the division was better then and he's improved since he left, his striking is better and he's much better at using it to set up his takedowns.
You aren't wrong but his KO losses to Lyoto, Glover and especially Rumble are enough ammunition for the naysayers to have valid arguments.

I'd be curious to see how he would do vs guys like Ngannou, Blaydes, Rozenstruik, Volkov, Lewis, Overeem...I think Bader is good enough to compete for a UFC HW title. He's a year younger than Stipe, 4 years younger than DC, 3 years younger than Overeem.
Did u see bader vs rumble? Shook aint no such thing as half way crook

Lol you casuals are so cute

If you can't dispute what I say just call me a casual, great work lad

There's no way he outwrestles Blaydes, DC or Stipe. Ngannou has the power to shut his lights off and is a far bigger guy.

There's no way he outwrestles Blaydes, DC or Stipe. Ngannou has the power to shut his lights off and is a far bigger guy.
Lol oh you casuals! Keep trying it’s a great effort

The LHW division Bader left was a hell of a lot stronger than the current one. I think he'd be top 5

Lewis would knock Bader's head off his shoulders lmao

If he can stop the takedowns maybe but the only wrestler he's faced that has takedowns and top control similar to Bader's is DC and that didn't go well for Lewis.

I WANT THE EASIEST FIGHT IN THE DIVISION, I WANT RYAN BADER.

sure, maybe he hasn't improved at all

I'm not talking about some major fucking improvements, but it doesn't look like he has downgraded or anything

how would you know for sure whether he has improved or not...

I'm sure he's a professional and works at his craft the best he can, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's much better than he was in the UFC

I think he would outwrestle Blaydes. I wouldn't favor him over DC or Stipe but wouldn't be surprised if he was able to beat them.

I'm sure he's a professional and works at his craft the best he can, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's much better than he was in the UFC

Watch how he mixes up his striking and grappling, it's much better than it was in the UFC, his striking is also better.

He's a champion and making more money than he ever would've in the UFC. So no, not a shame.

not really a shame.

He had a choice:
- either continue to be a nobody in the UFC who loses to the top guys
- or join Bellator, get PAID, get an immediate title shot, and fight in a HW tournament that includes guys like Chael Sonnen who couldn't get a 185 lb UFC title
by a nobody in the UFC, do you mean leaving as a top 5 lhw? Im not a fanboy of his at all but he was pretty damn good (not the cream of the crop but good) when he was in the UFC.

Lewis would knock Bader's head off his shoulders lmao

Bader’s grappling is far and away better the Lewis. As much as I enjoy Swangin’ and Bangin’, Bader could take Lewis out more often than not.

If he can stop the takedowns maybe but the only wrestler he's faced that has takedowns and top control similar to Bader's is DC and that didn't go well for Lewis.

He ko'd rosholt
He's beaten guys with takedowns and when he does get taken down he doesn't have to wait for the round to end to get up.

With several rounds to work and a size advantage lewis would eventually find baders chin

image.jpg Bader isn't a natural HW...look how big stipe is in comparison (his legs are much thicker)

lol typically, there's a reason they go to bellator...and it ain't because they are the best.

look at sergio pettis....scoring 1st round KOs and shit....lol.

bader would probably be ranked somewhere between 8 and 15.

Everytime a former UFC guy shines in another league, I'm disappointed when he's back in the UFC. David Branch comes to mind.
Jason Miller was the first to come to my mind but then we got great comebacks like with Robbie Lawler, BJ Penn, Dan Henderson, Vitor Belfort etc.. Guys fall short sometimes when they make it back into the UFC ,sure, but sometimes it makes for a great comeback story. Lawlers reign was one of the most exciting ever and we wouldn't have seen it if he didn't comeback to the UFC. We also wouldnt have seen one of the greatest matches ever in Hendo vs Shogun.

Lewis is hard to hold down, I'm not sure he beats Bader but there's a path to victory for him for sure.

Back