It Pains Me To Say It About MMA Fans But...

SuperBadAzz

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I feel MMA as a sport has a scary high percentage of fans (compared to other sports) that really lack common sense on how the sport works.

I think there are many examples of this, but the one freshest to my mind at the moment is Carlos Condit vs Nick Diaz.

Compare Diaz/Condit as a fight to how an NFL football game would go between the Indianapolis Colts vs the Green Bay Packers.

Here me out here:

Green Bay has one of the greatest passing attacks in NFL history, featuring an MVP/hall of fame QB & 2 pro bowl WRs. But the Colts are pretty good defending the pass. Where they struggle is stopping the run.

So let's say GB meets the Colts & game plans to run the ball 40 times. They gash Indianapolis & win the game.

Now do you say, "we wanted to see GB airing it out"? Or do you say, "wow great strategizing"?

This is what bugs me the most about typical MMA fans. Embrace the strategic part of this sport, or go watch ****-fighting..

I don't know what all that stuff is about, but I suspect I agree.

[YT]3eUpf4f8LEU[/YT]

and people wonder why the fanbase is a bunch of meatheads

we have dana white, openly "bragging" about how Rory Mcdonald can't even remember what year it is, why even bring that shit up? It doesn't make the sport look good, everyone already knows the dangers. But for a guy like Dana to say that at a press conference, no wonder the UFC fan base are a bunch of idiots and far below basketball, baseball, shit, even crickett.

MMA is leaps and bounds above any other sport in terms of skill and what not. Much easier to understand football or soccer than MMA. Plus this isn't even a team sport so it shouldn't even be related to football.

MMA is leaps and bounds above any other sport in terms of skill and what not. Much easier to understand football or soccer than MMA. Plus this isn't even a team sport so it shouldn't even be related to football.

leaps and bounds above any sport in terms of skill? lord have mercy..........

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Diego-Sanchez-vs-Gilbert-Melendez.gif

They have good chins and the basic technique on how to throw some wild hooks, i'll give them that.

Sanchez also appears to be in a battle with air.

[YT]3eUpf4f8LEU[/YT]

and people wonder why the fanbase is a bunch of meatheads

we have dana white, openly "bragging" about how Rory Mcdonald can't even remember what year it is, why even bring that shit up? It doesn't make the sport look good, everyone already knows the dangers. But for a guy like Dana to say that at a press conference, no wonder the UFC fan base are a bunch of idiots and far below basketball, baseball, shit, even crickett.

Dana White makes things 100 times worse, don't get me wrong.

I love the UFC, I really do, but there's so much shit that needs fixing.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Diego-Sanchez-vs-Gilbert-Melendez.gif

They have good chins and the basic technique on how to throw some wild hooks, i'll give them that.

Name me some athlets that are more skilled than Jon Jones. Jon could annhilate just about any human on the face of the earth with his skills.

Another LnP fanboy who's bitching about people not loving LnP.

I don't wanna see 2 dudes dry humping.

I'd watch wrestling if that's what I wanted to see.

I wanna see blood. JBG must be paid his tribute.

Name me some athlets that are more skilled than Jon Jones. Jon could annhilate just about any human on the face of the earth with his skills.

lbj2.jpg

595d3a8440f7ec846646083f3d53fe24.jpg

kyle_lowry.jpg

Give them 3 months prep time, Jon Jones skills are dimished.

That also doesn't take away the fact that Jones is a C- level athlete in a field full of D- athletes.

It's MUCH, MUCH, harder to become elite at say baseball or basketball than it is MMA.

The blind worship of fighter like McGregor shows how clueless 'mma fans' are more than anything.

go to an nfl game and ask fans to draw up a blocking scheme for a simple counter trap against a base 4-3 defense, and see how many can do it. even a lot of the Seattle fans bitching about the play calling in the Superbowl couldn't tell you how to block a HB dive against a goal line defense. most fans are just there to have fun, to drink beer, to eat drippy food, and get out of their lives for a few hours. there is nothing wrong with that attitude about sports.

lbj2.jpg

595d3a8440f7ec846646083f3d53fe24.jpg

kyle_lowry.jpg

Give them 3 months prep time, Jon Jones skills are dimished.

That also doesn't take away the fact that Jones is a C- level athlete in a field full of D- athletes.

It's MUCH, MUCH, harder to become elite at say baseball or basketball than it is MMA.

In the real world. Jones skills trumps these guys because he could kill him with his skills. one oblique kick and JJ will be crying. One snapping front kick to lebrons sternum and his hairline goes back another 2 inches.

Another LnP fanboy who's bitching about people not loving LnP.

I don't wanna see 2 dudes dry humping.

I'd watch wrestling if that's what I wanted to see.

I wanna see blood. JBG must be paid his tribute.

I don't love "LNP". If you want my favorite fighters, it will be a list of guys that put on great shows. But for people to dispute guys like GSP's legacy & accomplishments, or to say guys that grind out wins don't deserve the same respect/ranking in the sport as guys that are flashy is just stupid.

We see too high a percentage of this in MMA.

In the real world. Jones skills trumps these guys because he could kill him with his skills. one oblique kick and JJ will be crying. One snapping front kick to lebrons sternum and his hairline goes back another 2 inches.

You're having a bad night tonight, Rory. Are you still trying to argue that MMA is leaps and bounds above any other sport in terms of skill?

I can poke more holes in that argument than a slice of swiss cheese, believe that

In the real world a motherfucker with a gat will kill Jon Jones and the whole UFC roster

You're having a bad night tonight, Rory. Are you still trying to argue that MMA is leaps and bounds above any other sport in terms of skill?

I can poke more holes in that argument than a slice of swiss cheese, believe that

In the real world a motherfucker with a gat will kill Jon Jones and the whole UFC roster

The mental game of MMA, and a fight in general, is far beyond that of a pro basketball or football game.. 15-25 minutes of unarmed combat with very little breaks in between.

Back