It never really feels like Anderson is actually being defeated

Maybe Anderson needs to stop clowning around and trying to bait people into his counter strikes and try to rally some points.

Anderson clowns because he's not that great on the lead and if people don't give him opportunities to counter he gets desperate and tries to egg them on. That's just his skill set, he hasn't got an alternative.

Maybe Anderson needs to stop clowning around and trying to bait people into his counter strikes and try to rally some points.

Anderson's clowning only works with slllllllllooooooowwwww white guys like Forrest.

Dude gets drilled all the time when he clowns, always has.

he fought conventional in the weidman rematch, and got the crap beaten out of him
I hate this myth that Anderson was getting handled in the 2nd Weidman fight. Weidman legitimately knocked him down from the clinch yes; but the follow up GnP did not come close to a stoppage.
They spent the rest of the round in full guard and Anderson bloodied Weidman up from the bottom; Still 10-9 Weidman but he did not kick anyones ass lol

Rd 2 started and Anderson stuffed a takedown then they went fairly even on the feet before the leg break.

I hate this myth that Anderson was getting handled in the 2nd Weidman fight. Weidman legitimately knocked him down from the clinch yes; but the follow up GnP did not come close to a stoppage.
They spent the rest of the round in full guard and Anderson bloodied Weidman up from the bottom; Still 10-9 Weidman but he did not kick anyones ass lol

Rd 2 started and Anderson stuffed a takedown then they went fairly even on the feet before the leg break.

herb was in position to call the fight after the knockdown, i'd call that close to stoppage. and yes he kicked silva's ass that round. the elbow he landed with 15 seconds left by itself was more significant than anything silva did to him in both fights combined. u have some wackjobs calling for silva/bisping to have 10-8 3rd round, then by that logic silva weidman 1st round was a 10-5.

weidman did not go for a takedown in round 2, however he landed the only good shot with a body kick

herb was in position to call the fight after the knockdown, i'd call that close to stoppage. and yes he kicked silva's ass that round. the elbow he landed with 15 seconds left by itself was more significant than anything silva did to him in both fights combined. u have some wackjobs calling for silva/bisping to have 10-8 3rd round, then by that logic silva weidman 1st round was a 10-5.

weidman did not go for a takedown in round 2, however he landed the only good shot with a body kick

Sorry that's my bad for mis-remembering; the takedown in rd2 anderson stuffed was in the first fight.
I wasn't saying anything other than the 2nd Weidman fight was not a guaranteed victory for Weidman as some people claim. Anderson had recovered from the knockdown enough that the fight was back to even terms.
Weidman hadn't done irreparable damage or anything in round 1; he scored a knockdown and landed some normal GnP follow up; wasn't close to a TKO other than immediately after the knockdown (which is normal).

Sorry that's my bad for mis-remembering; the takedown in rd2 anderson stuffed was in the first fight.
I wasn't saying anything other than the 2nd Weidman fight was not a guaranteed victory for Weidman as some people claim. Anderson had recovered from the knockdown enough that the fight was back to even terms.
Weidman hadn't done irreparable damage or anything in round 1; he scored a knockdown and landed some normal GnP follow up; wasn't close to a TKO other than immediately after the knockdown (which is normal).
agreed

Anderson's losses have all been *legitimate*. I'm NOT saying he should have got the win over Bisping or whatever.

But there is definitely a feeling, at least as a Silva fan, that the "better fighter" didn't win. As a Silva fan, I wanted to yell at the screen during the 4th and 5th rounds like, why the hell are you STILL clowning on the cage, idiot? Bisping is NOT Stephan Bonnar; DO something.

Also, he rocked Bisping a couple of times in the 5th round and didn't bother press his advantage. Why? It's definitely frustrating to watch.

It's a different story if Bisping just kicks Anderson's ass. Then, I can take solace in the fact that AS had a great career and got beat by a great fighter. But once again, it seems like he beat himself.

UFC168-ChrisWeidmanXAndersonSilva-Rd1-SloMo1a-400-sg.gif

"Serious" Silva
"Out of prime" Silva.

Silva always feels out the first round or so. Those two fights with teh Chris was not definitive and you know it.

He did beat Bisping though regardless.

I am the only one who feels like that? Weidman 1 he was clowning too much , Weidman 2 he broke his leg, against Bisping he could have finished it, but was hesitant or clowning or WTF you wanna call it.

It never really feels like he is actually getting defeated, which is frustrating. No matter how great these guys feel about their wins , I simply cannot but credit a lot of it to Silva's bizarre act that ends up costing him.
What a shame that he is going out like that after such a great career.
Rob

It didn't look that way to me, Silva gave the first 2 rounds away wholesale, didn't press his offense until the last 1-2 mins in the next 2 rounds. And couldn't put away a one eyed man breathing through his mouth with 2 rounds to go because he didn't have the gas.

Anderson makes my head hurt.

At least now we can put it down to him never actually being any good despite us all thinking the contrary when he was winning.

Back