It must suck to be one of the lower paid fighters and having to deal with USADA

Straightcross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Constantly have to let them know where you are, constantly have to check any food/supplement/medication you consume because there might be some banned substance in it and they might knock on your door at any time, imagine coming home for work, having had a bad day and then to finish it off USADA comes knocking on your door

Constantly have to let them know where you are, constantly have to check any food/supplement/medication you consume because there might be some banned substance in it and they might knock on your door at any time, imagine coming home for work, having had a bad day and then to finish it off USADA comes knocking on your door
Yes, yes it must suck.

That $2,500 check from Reebok must make up for it though.

Don't they get paid for every time that they are tested?

What the fuck? are you a goof!?

dana.gif

They get paid nothing for being tested at any time, they must also ALWAYS provide their whereabouts to USADA - would be easier to go to prison.

Sucks like in every other sport. Nothing unusual with this for a professional athlete.

It is just in america where you still have a lot of big sports without Wada testing. Everyone else in big sports are used to this.

How is this situation any different than being a higher paid fighter and having to go through the same things?

While they do test the "nobodies" once in a while, the chances of you being randomly tested before you are making big bucks is very low.

If they dont like it get an office job.

Yeah, the highest paid fighters have it made. They have to do the same thing.

How is this situation any different than being a higher paid fighter and having to go through the same things?

I think his point is at least those guys are making big money to make the hassle worth it.

On the other hand, how hard can it be to keep the USADA informed of your whereabouts when you're only making 8k to fight? They're probably lucky if they can afford to drive to the next town.

Amatuer athletes do it as well to compete at the Olympics. Most say it is not that difficult, just new to mma.

Low end fighters are not poor because wannabees like us always pay them for private lessons for our next little project we have planned for when we fight jo bloggs from burger king on the next amatuer back yard championships.

Low end fighters are not poor because wannabees like us always pay them for private lessons for our next little project we have planned for when we fight jo bloggs from burger king on the next amatuer back yard championships.

You have a very inaccurate idea of prison life apparently.

You have a very inaccurate idea of internet (text in general) as a medium for communication, maybe I should put in brackets <Speaking in a sarcastic voice> to help you out next time bud.

I was looking at the drug testing policy for the NHL. They don't get tested at all I'm the offseason, and they get "randomly" tested during the season but only on days where they don't play a game. Only a piss test btw. It made me chuckle because you've got guys making big money and they get the kid gloves treatment, meanwhile some guy clearing 40k a year has to tell USADA his whereabouts 24/7.

Somewhere out there, there is a person sneaking around and sprinkling clomid in random supplements. We will get to the bottom of this.

What does being a lower paid fighter have to do with anything? There is no income claus.

If you check out the USADA website, you'll notice that lower paid fighters rarely get tested. Denis Siver has been tested twice since USADA took over while Chael has been tested twice in the past week and a half. They can call it random all they want but the reality is the stars are getting tested far more frequently than prelim guys and I don't disagree with that approach. Still, by comparison, Michael Phelps has been USADA tested 186 times so MMA fighters really can't bitch.

You can get steroids for dirt cheap ts.

So even a fighter on 4+4 can get some common steroid that is easy to find.

So still the right timing and/or masking agents could cover the usage.

I was looking at the drug testing policy for the NHL. They don't get tested at all I'm the offseason, and they get "randomly" tested during the season but only on days where they don't play a game. Only a piss test btw. It made me chuckle because you've got guys making big money and they get the kid gloves treatment, meanwhile some guy clearing 40k a year has to tell USADA his whereabouts 24/7.

Oh yeah the NHL's policy is a complete joke. The only time players every get caught is during olympic years when they have to submit to Olympic testing.

Back