"It makes no sense that 12-6 elbows are banned"

Fedor Machida

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He was screaming this emphatically when Jones got DQ'ed for reigning 12-6 elbows on Hammil, which I found odd because the case against 12-6 elbows was right there in front of us

upload_2016-8-2_7-13-51.png

upload_2016-8-2_7-13-58.png

Hammil could have went blind

Hogan issued an update:

"It makes no sense that estrogen blockers are banned"

The elbows are a lethal weapon at that point, it all directs to fighter safety. In the end the last thing anyone wants is for a fighter to suffer a permanent injury or a death.

In a way, yes, because they never call it.

Respect to Travis Lutter

He was screaming this emphatically when Jones got DQ'ed for reigning 12-6 elbows on Hammil, which I found odd because the case against 12-6 elbows was right there in front of us

View attachment 125669

View attachment 125671

Hammil could have went blind

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

elbows to the spine and neck. i think not. paralysis awaits. massively favour wrasslers of course.

I think this 12-6 elbow issue is the least of Jon's worries these days.

12-6 elbows being banned doesn't make sense. Jones beat the everloving shit out of Hamill and lost because of a stupid rule. Yeah, it's his fault for breaking the rule, but come on. 12-6 elbows are not any more dangerous than high kicks, repeated punches, etc.

12-6 elbows being banned doesn't make sense. Jones beat the everloving shit out of Hamill and lost because of a stupid rule. Yeah, it's his fault for breaking the rule, but come on. 12-6 elbows are not any more dangerous than high kicks, repeated punches, etc.

While they are not as deadly as some believe, they are inherently more dangerous than a punch or a kick. Thin in terms of psi. A shin has a surface area or about 48 square inches. Displace 48 lbs over that area, it's 1 psi. Now the tip of an elbow is we'll say 4 square inches. Displace 48 lbs over that area, it's 12 psi. While my numbers are perfect it can be used to show that less area of impact with the same weigh equals a greater concentration pressure.

In theory, this makes it much easier to break an orbital or fracture a skull. In my opinion, injury stoppages (orbitals, broken bones with a sub going on, and ligament tears) are the worst way for a fight to end. I would rather see a decision, sub or KO.

**Disclaimer - I am not a doctor so everything I said may be horse crap but it sounded good in my head**

Not sure if srs.

While they are not as deadly as some believe, they are inherently more dangerous than a punch or a kick. Thin in terms of psi. A shin has a surface area or about 48 square inches. Displace 48 lbs over that area, it's 1 psi. Now the tip of an elbow is we'll say 4 square inches. Displace 48 lbs over that area, it's 12 psi. While my numbers are perfect it can be used to show that less area of impact with the same weigh equals a greater concentration pressure.

In theory, this makes it much easier to break an orbital or fracture a skull. In my opinion, injury stoppages (orbitals, broken bones with a sub going on, and ligament tears) are the worst way for a fight to end. I would rather see a decision, sub or KO.

**Disclaimer - I am not a doctor so everything I said may be horse crap but it sounded good in my head**

This.

I miss it

1994-03-11-Orlando-Weit-vs-Robert-L.gif~original

Orlando-Weit-1.gif~original

And he was fine! :p

And now guy from the bottom touches the guy on top with a rabbit punch that wouldn't kill a fly if it was on this guys' head and the ref screams "DON'T HIT THE BACK OF THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The best thing is when guys hit side of the head and the ref screams the same... kind of like "watch out, you are close". I would just shout back "shut the fuck up and warn me when I'm actually hitting back of his fucking head!"

Back