"It [Jones having a postive test] is a great thing" -Dana White

Here you go
[YT]20MUa4Ym5Nc[/YT]

Some glaring BS from this interview.

- Dana says when he heard the news he "worr[ied] about the person first." The only way you'd "worry about the person first" is if you already knew/suspected he had a problem. In which case, why wasn't he already in treatment? In one breath, you say he was absolutely "healthy" going into the fight, then in the next you say you were "worried" about his health when the test results came in BEFORE THE FIGHT. Well, which is it?

- When told "you've taken a stance on recreational drugs in the past," Dana answers: "Not me. The NSAC." Which is complete nonsense. The UFC rescinded Pat Healy's 130k in FOTN bonuses, not the NSAC.

LOL I just wanted to post on this great thread so I can come back one day and laugh about how much Jones screws up.

damagecontrol.gif.gif.gif

Don't know if I have ever seen something that funny on here. That is GOLD.

Some glaring BS from this interview.

- Dana says when he heard the news he "worr[ied] about the person first." The only way you'd "worry about the person first" is if you already knew/suspected he had a problem. In which case, why wasn't he already in treatment? In one breath, you say he was absolutely "healthy" going into the fight, then in the next you say you were "worried" about his health when the test results came in BEFORE THE FIGHT. Well, which is it?

- When told "you've taken a stance on recreational drugs in the past," Dana answers: "Not me. The NSAC." Which is complete nonsense. The UFC rescinded Pat Healy's 130k in FOTN bonuses, not the NSAC.

Because he violated the nsac rules. That's what the punishment is for. They obviously don't care if fighters s,ole opt on their spare time. Don't fail a test.

lol dana saying cormier didn't have a right to know..... Two things, Jones was coked up obviously, you don't go to rehab unless you are doing it frequently , i doubt he could just quit. Plus the strange test results, very strange, how do you end up with that ratio being such a beast..... That said jon is great and i hope he gets better but dc should have known about it

Cormier had no right to know.

Jon has appeared to be at odds, to some extent, with the UFC higher-ups and Dana for awhile. Making a mistake like this possibly makes him more controllable by his employers as it's going to be as if he's on probation now. He will lose some sponsorship money personally but I'm not sure what the UFC loses in this situation.

Some of Dana's quotes were absurd. He should've avoided saying that Cormier didn't need to know about it.

All the fighters should just coke out now. Why not? No repercussions sans for maybe a coronary. No big deal.

Because he violated the nsac rules. That's what the punishment is for. They obviously don't care if fighters s,ole opt on their spare time. Don't fail a test.

In the interview, Dana says he & the UFC have taken no stance on recreational drugs in the past. That it was entirely the NSAC's doing. Which is unequivocally false - the UFC and the UFC *ALONE* withheld Healey's 130k in bonuses. They administered that punishment per the Code of Conduct, independent of the NSAC.

Its actually a great thing for Jones. He can finally admit he has a problem now and I'm a Jones nuthugger. I'd hate to see the guy wind up dead because he didn't get help until it was too late. He has everything in front of him right now at 27 years old. If he retires tomorrow he is unquestioned as the LHW GOAT and in the same room of conversation for overall GOAT with GSP, Andy and Fedor.

Its actually a great thing for Jones. He can finally admit he has a problem now and I'm a Jones nuthugger. I'd hate to see the guy wind up dead because he didn't get help until it was too late. He has everything in front of him right now at 27 years old. If he retires tomorrow he is unquestioned as the LHW GOAT and in the same room of conversation for overall GOAT with GSP, Andy and Fedor.

Chuck is the GOAT Shoguns a close second maybe even tied And the jones

How cute.

I doubt a healthy young prime athlete has a real drug problem with coke.
Hes a regular partier who snorts, and just got popped for it with shit luck or sheer stupidity. Aka doing it close to test dates.

Rehab is just for the public to put down the pitchforks.

Back