It is true that Matt Brown outgrappled Thompson, but...

Vil7

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone brought up that Jake Shields outstruck Woodley in a fight that was almost entirely standup?

Because wonderboy has alot of nut nibblers thinking hes the second coming of machida

K-1 Shields also won two rounds against GSP in pure stand up.

Jake Shields has sneaky stand-up. He looks completely awkward and shitty, but he is rather effective on his feet.

I'll have to go back and re-watch that fight.

Sherdoggers in general don't seem to grasp the concept that fighters can improve over time. Thompson is a much, much better fighter now compared to when he fought Matt Brown. I honestly thought he would be a flashy entertaining guy who would go nowhere, he has really blown away all expectations. And it probably has a lot to do with the Brown loss.

People make fun of Jake Shield.
Ok he got girl punching power.

But he won Vs
Woodley, Lawler, Condit, Maia & Hendo

Shield is an ELITE FIGHTER.
Top of the food chain.

stop hating on the guy.

But he won Vs

Top of the food chain.

stop hating on the guy.

Shields is a very good fighter. His standup isn't so great though.

But he won Vs

Top of the food chain.

stop hating on the guy.
yea it was atrocious that the UFC cut him. Especially after this

ogl9ud.jpg

Because wonderboy has alot of nut nibblers thinking hes the second coming of machida

He's better than Machida and I'm one of the biggest Machida fans around so I don't say that lightly.

The weak points in his game that saw him lose to Brown have been removed thank to The Chris.

All I remember is a spinning backfist that landed but didn't finish.

yea it was atrocious that the UFC cut him. Especially after this
I disagree. Jake Shields is a guy who fights for money. I don't mean that negatively at all. I really don't think he gives a shit where he fights.

Shields is a very good fighter. His standup isn't so great though.
Watch sheilds vs gsp and watch sheilds vs Woodley again. I'd say it is great. Not in the top 5 of ww or mw history but great nonetheless.

He's better than Machida and I'm one of the biggest Machida fans around so I don't say that lightly.

The weak points in his game that saw him lose to Brown have been removed thank to The Chris.
Exactly how is he better than a legend of the sport? Beating post USADA hendricks and layoff rory doesnt make him better than machida, his resume is lacking.

And how do you know his weak points are gone? he hasnt faced a single elite wrestler in their prime since that

thats where he is right now in his evolution - wait until he has a bit more success and accidentally says something that is construed somehow as cocky - at some point he might even reach the apex of sherdog respect, which is when sherdoggers say you are too big for a division where you can make weight

Exactly how is he better than a legend of the sport? Beating post USADA hendricks and layoff rory doesnt make him better than machida, his resume is lacking.

And how do you know his weak points are gone? he hasnt faced a single elite wrestler in their prime since that
Hendricks and Rory are two of the best wrestlers in the division. Hendricks beat Lawler and Rory treated Woodley, the current champ, like a child. He literally broke him. Stop acting like they are cans.

Hendricks and Rory are two of the best wrestlers in the division. Hendricks beat Lawler and Rory treated Woodley, the current champ, like a child. He literally broke him. Stop acting like they are cans.
You missed a key point. It was POST USADA HEDRICKS, he is a can. Hes looked like dog shit in the cage ever since USADA came in ppl overrate that win. And did rory even shoot for one takedown? all he did in that fight was stand around looking shot and try shitty heelhooks, he was tentative and scared to engage after lawler and wonderboy still failed to impress he just point fought and pitty patted to a safe decision.

Back