It is time for JDS to diversify his toolbox.

You could say the same for GSP.

His fear of getting hit in the face doesnt stop him from winning

JDS is not an inside fighter, he needs to learn how to keep it at a distance. I think some jabs would help him.

JDS relies too much on his speed and ability to move in and out. However, jabs can help when he is on the defensive.

1) he is a heavyweight. They are not meant to have great cardio
2) you try scrambling up to the feet at least 6 times per round
3) Not many heavyweight can push the pace like Velasquez and JDS gutted it through

JDS has an above average cardio for his weight division.

and what is your point?
I stated he lost because he didn't have "GOOD ENOUGH" cardio for that fight.
His striking is fine. His wrestling is fine. His grappling is fine. when he isn't tired.
He lost because he didn't have good enough cardio.
So diversify what?

The thing is I see great potential in JDS to incorporate different arsenals. I mean, the guy scrambled up to his feet every time he was taken down. Not to mention, he is a quick learner. That just proves to me the guy has the physical ability to take fighters down.

How is he a quick learner? We've seen the same thing from JDS in every fight and nothing new really. What makes you come to that conclusion...?

LOL
Diversify what?
He lost because he didn't have good enough cardio.

This. Technically his TDD and ground game, in terms of getting off his back, escaping side control etc., never looked better - until after the 5th or 6th take down attempt within the first 3 minutes of the fight. He lost because he couldn't keep up with Cain's pace.

Granted, JDS also kept dropping his hands getting rocked but that is either also due to the pace and/or his boxing skills and nothing to do with the need to add more of an offensive arsenal.

Yeah, yeah...all of you experts on here...

JDS himself pointed out what his problem in this fight was. He was only concentrated on not getting taken down and that did not allow him to pull the trigger in the punching axchanges. He almost looked like Werdum vs Overeem...That was because he never really fought a guy that could throw him around like that. Now that he's been through that and knows that he can get back up next time he's gonna be more loose with his hands and the fight will be much more competitive...imho

How is he a quick learner? We've seen the same thing from JDS in every fight and nothing new really. What makes you come to that conclusion...?

He had no formal training until 20. Nothing. Plus he learned English in what 2~3 years? THat's amazing for not living there.

He looked amazing before he took the brutal punches that wrecked his nervous system. He never had his feet back after that and kudos to Cain. But JDS was defending the td's and when he did get taken down he shot right back up. He's a young champion and will only learn from the fight. He's going to come back strong, and who wants to fight him now? Lol I bet it's a very short list

Back