It doesn't matter if Ronda beats Cyborg

ForbiddenSun

The VP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because all the haters will say that the only reason Ronda won is because Cyborg had to cut too much weight or the fight would have been different if they fought a couple years ago, or whatever other excuse the haters will come up with.

It's a no win situation for Ronda. Ronda is already MMA's biggest star and Cyborg isn't even a blip on the radar to casuals and cross over fans, they don't know who she is. The uproar is from hardcore fans and we all know Dana could give 2 fu#ks about them.

So would I like to see Ronda demolish Cyborg? Sure. But the end result doesn't matter because haters will discredit the win either way.

No doubt about it.

But wouldn't making the fight at 145 or catch weight solve the problem?

Give Cyborg a warmup 135 fight

Nobody wants to see her first 135 fight vs ronda

if they give her a warmup fight then that excuse wont work

Yes that is what would happen ts. And they'll just rally behind someone else like Holm

Because all the haters will say that the only reason Ronda won is because Cyborg had to cut too much weight or the fight would have been different if they fought a couple years ago, or whatever other excuse the haters will come up with.

It's a no win situation for Ronda. Ronda is already MMA's biggest star and Cyborg isn't even a blip on the radar to casuals and cross over fans, they don't know who she is. The uproar is from hardcore fans and we all know Dana could give 2 fu#ks about them.

So would I like to see Ronda demolish Cyborg? Sure. But the end result doesn't matter because haters will discredit the win either way.

Sounds like you think Cyborg would win!

Just don't give her Meisha, Cat, Bethe, or Kaufman. Any of them might spoil it. Give her Jessamyn or Shayna Bazlyer.

Then make it at 145 because Ronda is too good, skilled, and elite to lose to the likes of Cyborg. It's funny her greatness is stuck to the confines of her weight cut if you use your reasoning.

Don't lose any sleep over Ronda being in a no win situation. She is winning plenty these days.

Dana already said that cyroid had to healthy make weight & fight first.

I remember when MMA fans used to want to see the best fighters fight each other.

The new breed of MMA fans are pathetic.

So fights no longer matter because of what post fight detractors say ?.

It matters if people will pay to watch it...actually that's all that does matter.

Fuck off with the " cyroid " shit.
You come off young and insecure.

Did she or did she not cheat?

She fights at 145 because she has so much illegally obtained muscle mass. With out the gear she would never be so big and would not need to fight at 145.

For the record I dont care about steroid use. I dont think they should even test. But its ridiculous that people demand Ronda move up, rather than Cyborg simply stop cheating and naturally get small enough to comfortably make 135.

No doubt about it.

But wouldn't making the fight at 145 or catch weight solve the problem?

Since when do haters need to make sense? I've already heard the excuse Ronda is waiting for Cyborg to be past her prime before taking the fight, even though Cyborg is only 2 years older than Ronda.

Back