ISWA promo video

ISWA2006

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here is a video my brother Jason Townsend did months ago when he was developing the ISWA. he has a history degree so it shows in the video.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4246936210916856979&q=townsend
www.iswa.us
logo.jpg

WOW! Amazing work! That video was a history lesson in itself. I am really eager to see how you guys do with this.

BTW, For some odd reason I keep on getting this idea of a RPW (Real Pro Wrestling) vs ISWA idea in my head. I know it probably wont ever happen, but the idea keeps on popping up :/ Maybe because you guys are so close in structure... (Although I prefer your delivery much better. RPW looks way to futuristic (ex: the platform they use to wrestle on))

If you guys ever throw a compeition in the New England area, post it up. I'll be sure to go.

Video got me pumped.

rpw is pure wrestling where we are a mix of many styles.....i like their direction for wrestling.

Wow.. that promo video made me scared to ever compete in any of your tournaments. Wow that was freaking great.

ISWA2006 said:
rpw is pure wrestling where we are a mix of many styles.....i like their direction for wrestling.
Yes, I know that. What I am saying is you both have a very similar structure, and seem to be exactly what each grappling art needs. I really hope you guys make it big, really nice project you have coming up.

oh ok, yes we are both trying to take our respective art to a higher level

Very nice.

I seen some of the ancient pictures of grappling before but not all. Very interesting how some form wrestling existing through the ages. My master says that all martial arts had grappling in it, even though they don't all have it today somewhere somehow there is grappling including muay thai.

I am also wondering what is the difference between free style and Greco Roman wrestling?

greco roman is strictly upper body, you cannot attack the legs.

How do you enter a tournament? are you going to have champions in every weight division? when is your 1st competition?

That vid was awsome. I study history and am a huge fan of wrestling through history, that vid was the best I had seen in a long time:)

thaiking said:
How do you enter a tournament? are you going to have champions in every weight division? when is your 1st competition?
our first tourney is in vegas on april 15th but are planning more on both coasts....your from NYC and we are planning on having one at hofstra university, date to be announced soon hopefully.check out our website for more info www.iswa.us

jjmuaythaiguy said:
Do they do both in the Olympics and high schools?
greco roman is in the olympics....high schools only use folkstyle wrestling.

Great video.
What is the difference between freestyle and folkstyle wrestling?
Also, where can I get those pictures shown in the video? I could not see them clearly.
I can PM you my email so so you can send them if needed.

Thought about doing a tournament in the Dallas or Houston area?

Back