ISWA Las Vegas International Open Apr 15th

Hrm, I would like to attend the Los Angeles one, but with their only being one confirmed event I'm unsure if I can afford the membership. Hopefully there will be more events around here.

we will be scheduling another los angeles date for later in the year and are working on an event in sacremento, reno and phoenix. even if you only attend two of our events it will be equivalent to what you pay the other organizations for two of their events.

ISWA2006 said:

I wonder what all the ttt's are for?

Could ttt stand for ...

• a friendly game of Tic-Tac-Toe?
  • a sound used to describe a singer's midrange/treble peak vocal from a loudspeaker?
  • Tolken's popular book, The Two Towers?
  • or, Transpupillary Thermotherapy, a laser eye procedure.

We may never know.

On a more serious note, I like the ISWA idea, but I think its a bit too soon to ask grapplers to pay a year membership for planned events. With NAGA, Grapplers Quest, and other grappling organizations as your competition, you need to gain more credibility first.

ttt for Coach Couzo ;)

Actually I agree with him. In theory it is a good idea for annual membership like in wresting or judo to offset some costs associated with running a tourney. However, you first need some credibility when there are other grappling organizations don't require it for their tourneys. It seems expensive, at least to me.

But I want your org to succeed! If you ever have a competition within a few hours of the Burgh, I'd probably go.

Coach Couzo i understand you concern but i assure you we are here for the long haul......We have credibility with alot of highly successful mma fighters like Jay Hieron, Urijah Faber, Russ Muira, Phil Baroni and more. Our calender will have 12-16 events on the calender on both coasts soon, your membership will be very cost effective and allow you to compete at more events for less money. your membership is not just money to pad our pockets, it will get you medical insurance at any of our sanctioned events or if your club signs up it will even cover you at practice. we are modeled after great amatuer organizations like USA Wrestling and over time we will be successful.

Frodo said:
ttt for Coach Couzo ;)

Actually I agree with him. In theory it is a good idea for annual membership like in wresting or judo to offset some costs associated with running a tourney. However, you first need some credibility when there are other grappling organizations don't require it for their tourneys. It seems expensive, at least to me.

But I want your org to succeed! If you ever have a competition within a few hours of the Burgh, I'd probably go.
We are putting together events in D.C., Baltimore, Philly, Atlantic City and Long Island.....we have some connections in pittsburgh and that is also on the possible list. i was born in uniontown and am a die hard steeler fan!

ttt
The membership fee includes secondary sports accident medical insurance under our organization. That is a benefit that no other grappling organization offers. Plus after you pay that initial fee the most you will have to pay for another tournament in that year is $30. Now if you pre-register you only pay $25.

Here is the numbers breakdown.
We have 8 tournaments already planned for this year.(More dates to be announced soon)

Membership Fee:$75
Pre-Registration=$25*8= $200

$75+$200=$275

$275/8=35

So that is 8 tournaments with an average of 35$ a tournament. Now compare that to other grappling organizations who charge around 75$. With that price, for 275$ you can only compete in 3 tournaments. Not to mention they do not provide you with membership benefits as important as medical coverage. Our goal is to provide the athletes with quality competitions at an affordable price while protecting them both physically and financially.

As far as credibility is concerned, yes we are a new organization. However, our event coordinators have all experience coordinating wrestling tournaments and our head pairing master has run high level NCAA wrestling events including the Pac-10 tournament. Our referees have all trained in submission grappling and know the sport.

Come out and give us a chance. I promise you will not be disappointed.

ISWA2006 said:
ttt
Here is the numbers breakdown.
We have 8 tournaments already planned for this year.(More dates to be announced soon)

Membership Fee:$75
Pre-Registration=$25*8= $200

$75+$200=$275

$275/8=35

So that is 8 tournaments with an average of 35$ a tournament. Now compare that to other grappling organizations who charge around 75$. With that price, for 275$ you can only compete in 3 tournaments. Not to mention they do not provide you with membership benefits as important as medical coverage. Our goal is to provide the athletes with quality competitions at an affordable price while protecting them both physically and financially.

Here is the tournament by area breakdown:

West Coast
Nevada - 3 (both in Las Vegas)
California - 4 (same city, Brea, near Long Beach)

East Coast
Virginia - 1

Those that live in Southern California, Southern Nevada, or Eastern Arizona, have a realistic opportunity to attend 7 ISWA tournaments. That's about $40 a tournament. Not bad.

Live anywhere else, and you fork over either a plane ticket or gas money - both are not cheap these days.

Also, do you have further information on your insurance? I did some actuarial work once and know that relatively free insurance comes with a lot of fine print - the kind you can only read with a magnifying glass.

Look, I like your concept, I just want to see your implementation. If your tournaments are truly ran in NCAA wrestling fashion, I expect prompt mat times, good referring, and organization. These components are seriously lacking in many BJJ/Sub Wrestling tournaments. I would certainly pay your tournament and membership fees for several well-organized tournaments relatively close to me.

the tournamet breakdown on the east coast will rise, it will be concentrated on the mid atlantic area from Virginia beach to long island for this year. the calender will be growing every month and plan on having 6-8 events on each coast. before the Virginia event starts there will be more events on the list so you know it will be cost effective. As far as the west coast we still are not done with the events, looking at an event reno, phoenix and sacremento area.

Coach,

Just wait and see what we do. Our work will speak for itself. Give us a chance.

ttt

ISWA2006 said:
Coach,

Just wait and see what we do. Our work will speak for itself. Give us a chance.

ttt

I'll certainly give you this, you have a great logo - very professional.

lol, we got more professionalism than just a logo!

Back