Issues where you're of two minds

All the talk of "the woman's body", what about the life of the person growing inside her? Who protects that life?
That can never be resolved in those terms imo. The pro-life need to cede the rights to the woman in the first trimester, the pro-choice need to cede the rights to the state in the third trimester, and an agreement has to be found in the second.

The war on drugs.

I think the entire thing is screwy and helps benefit the money grubbing jail system the most. Also I have done drugs and partied with them and had much fun with them. I also think addiction should be seperate and drug users and sellers should be kept In seperate prisons away from violent criminals.

But also drugs are very bad and have very negative aspects on specific types of people, Ruins families, and cities and towns. I see the damage they can do.

Is a iron fisted approach the right one? No I don't think so. Is a full on liberal left wing approach the best thing? Probably not.

This is a topic I'm of two minds. You need to make more than a one sided approach on this issue.

drug use arrests & three strikes you're out. I'm against druggies yet they shouldn't be put away for a very long time for using.

I see both sides on almost every single political issue. It is part of the complexity of reality. I usually am able to dissolve the dilemma.

There still are some issues where I find it hard. Just a selection.

1) Abortion. I believe that allowing choice for responsible women is a good thing. Not always is a mother ready to have a child. And cases of fetus disability, mother endanger men and rape are no-brainers to me.

But once you have seen that thing in the belly move, with the heart beating, and if you consider the horrible numbers in some places - making abortion too easy seems very wrong to me. Especially after hearing from my step dad, who is a gynaecologist, about the mindset of some women ('Ah well, I am gonna make it go away then').

2) The refugee issue. I am very liberal, I do believe in human rights, and I do believe when someone comes knocking on your door, you should not refuse help. But at the same time, helping people will only work if the resident population will be in favor of it. And support is diminishing by the day. Considering other countries have closed their borders and deportations habe historically never really worked, it seems crazy to continue like that. Yes, maybe Merkel does have the moral high ground. Yes, Germany's economy depends on open borders. But for now, we probably should close the borders to allow things to settle a bit.

Then again, Greece will likely descend into turmoil and chaos.

I see both sides on almost every single political issue. It is part of the complexity of reality. I usually am able to dissolve the dilemma.

There still are some issues where I find it hard. Just a selection.

1) Abortion. I believe that allowing choice for responsible women is a good thing. Not always is a mother ready to have a child. And cases of fetus disability, mother endanger men and rape are no-brainers to me.

But once you have seen that thing in the belly move, with the heart beating, and if you consider the horrible numbers in some places - making abortion too easy seems very wrong to me. Especially after hearing from my step dad, who is a gynaecologist, about the mindset of some women ('Ah well, I am gonna make it go away then').

2) The refugee issue. I am very liberal, I do believe in human rights, and I do believe when someone comes knocking on your door, you should not refuse help. But at the same time, helping people will only work if the resident population will be in favor of it. And support is diminishing by the day. Considering other countries have closed their borders and deportations habe historically never really worked, it seems crazy to continue like that. Yes, maybe Merkel does have the moral high ground. Yes, Germany's economy depends on open borders. But for now, we probably should close the borders to allow things to settle a bit.

Then again, Greece will likely descend into turmoil and chaos.

Back