Issues finding effective recipes

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Monte Moku, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Monte Moku

Monte Moku Lurking, mainly

Hello, I have calculated my macronutrients to begin tracking the calories I will need to steadily build muscle, however I find it is very hard to find three meals a day that meet all of the needs correctly. No matter what recipes I try to combine, it seems my limit for fat or carbs is always exceeded while I am fighting to find things with enough protein to make a balance. Did anyone else have this issue? If so, is there a better way for me to go about this? I am very new to fitness and nutrition (just watched combat sports and smoked weed for the past 20 years of my life) so I apologize for any blatant ignorance on my part.

If it helps at all, my macros are:
    165g of protein or 660 calories
    50g of fat or 454 calories
    176g of carbs or 704 calories

2. wufabufa

wufabufa Brown Belt

You don't always have to follow recipe's exactly, I almost never do. Your dinner doesn't have enough fat or protein? Fry up some eggs and have them on the side. Breakfast doesn't have enough carbs? Make a smoothie and add some honey to it. Recipes are almost never going to be perfect unless you're buying them from one of those meal prepping companies. Maybe have a look at some of their products and try to replicate their recipes.

Monte Moku and Robocok like this.
  3. Monte Moku

Monte Moku Lurking, mainly

Thank you, that actually makes a lot of sense haha. I think my approach was a bit too rigid and I was overthinking it

wufabufa likes this.
  4. Sushi Fitness

Sushi Fitness White Belt

5 smaller meals instead of 3 might help .