Israel vs. Rockhold

DbosComin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How does this go?

I see Adesanya throwing some probing shots while largely avoiding getting hit standing up in the beginning, but after round 1 Rockhold gets a hold of him and GnPs him into oblivion before getting the submission.

Also, why is Rockhold ranked 2, he lost to Bisping, shouldn't he be a couple spots lower?

Rockhold is a bad matchup for Isreal. Luke by TKO.

With his striking defense and questionable chin?

I don't think Isreal has shown the sort of punching power to give Luke big problems. The way to beat Luke is to blitz him and catch his chin, not really Isreal's game of accumulating strikes and picking guys apart. Generally a slow methodical approach plays into Luke's MMA game. Big size and strength grappling advantage, Luke eventually gets him down and hurts him. JMHO.

Rockhold is a better boxer and has better footwork. I can see Rockhold winning this

Want to see this, I think Adesanya has better TDD that ppl give him credit for.

Rockhold should be the favorite here imo, unless he does some stupid shit again and leaves his hands down.

I don't think Isreal has shown the sort of punching power to give Luke big problems. The way to beat Luke is to blitz him and catch his chin, not really Isreal's game of accumulating strikes and picking guys apart. Generally a slow methodical approach plays into Luke's MMA game. Big size and strength grappling advantage, Luke eventually gets him down and hurts him. JMHO.

I generally like your take here, but up until their fight Bisping hadn't really shown the power to give Luke problems either.

How does this go?

I see Adesanya throwing some probing shots while largely avoiding getting hit standing up in the beginning, but after round 1 Rockhold gets a hold of him and GnPs him into oblivion before getting the submission.

Also, why is Rockhold ranked 2, he lost to Bisping, shouldn't he be a couple spots lower?

Adesanya via Rockhold going in overconfident and getting ko'ed

I'd favor Luke. If his glass chin can avoid Adesanya's striking he could take him down and finish him via Gnp or sub. Many will say Adesanya beat a wrestler in Brunson but Luke isn't as stupid and wouldn't have gone for the most telegraphed takedown in human history

I generally like your take here, but up until their fight Bisping hadn't really shown the power to give Luke problems either.

True. Been watching Bisping for almost 15 years and I don't think I've ever seem him thrown punches like that, he must have really hated Luke and wanted to hurt him bad lol.

Time will tell if Rockhold is trending downward, I just think there are worse matchup for him at MW. Like my boy Paulo, who is built to bulldoze someone like him. To add insult to injury he is also younger and more handsome than Luke. Luke should duck him at all costs.

Rockhold by SUB first round. Fkn Marvin Berlusconi took him down with ease and manhandled him on the ground ffs.

Very bi-polar match-up. Izzy either finishes him striking, or Rockhold gets a sub.

Rockhold is a better boxer and has better footwork. I can see Rockhold winning this

Rockhold is a terrible boxer. He’s an amazing kicker but literally one of the worst boxers defensively with terrible footwork.

What are you even talking about?

As far as the fight goes, if Luke can get him down once, then he’d finish it.

How does this go?

interesting, but we wont be seeing this fight. rockhold is moving up to light heavy

Yeah Adesanya needs someone elite for me to clamor for a title shot. A lot of people are tied up right now but I’d like to see him vs rockhold jacare or the winner of costa vs Yoel but I’m sure they would rather costa and Israel go their own separate paths to the title.

Or counter him like left hook larry

Back