Israel trying to pull GSP on a weight class above

I agree. Beating jan for the lhw belt.. Will be no different then gsp beating bisping for the mw belt. Although izzy didnt necessarily cherry pick like gsp did. Gsp waited till a specific person was mw champ. Then decided to act like had balls.

As much as i like GSP. He never dared talk crap to Anderson like izzy did to jones.

izzy made a plan to fight jones in summer 2021, in retrospect, it looks more like jones is the one ducking izzy.

You have to eat a lot of man ass to believe something this stupid.

I agree. Beating jan for the lhw belt.. Will be no different then gsp beating bisping for the mw belt. Although izzy didnt necessarily cherry pick like gsp did. Gsp waited till a specific person was mw champ. Then decided to act like had balls.

Which is exactly what Izzy just did. Waited for Jon to move up, watched to see who won the vacant belt, then decided to move up.

As much as i like GSP. He never dared talk crap to Anderson like izzy did to jones.

izzy made a plan to fight jones in summer 2021, in retrospect, it looks more like jones is the one ducking izzy.

Is that you Izzy?

Current Stipe perhaps, I think those wars with DC took his toll on him.

I think he could have kept it on the feet and beat Werdum in a kickboxing match.

I guess that could have happened. I think Werdum's a bad match up for Jones. Jones has god level wrestling but Werdum gives no fuck about getting takedown. I think Werdum is a bad match up for Jones.

Which is exactly what Izzy just did. Waited for Jon to move up, watched to see who won the vacant belt, then decided to move up.

Not necessarily. Izzy always said he would move up or thst was the plan. Gsp ducked and said he couldnt. And gave a billion excuses. Then woke up one day and said he could.

Definition of "Pulling a GSP" :
Challenging ones self and fighting the champion in a weightclass above his own.

This guy talked a big talk against Jon Jones while having no guts to move up a weight class to challenge him.

Then as soon as he moves up, he is all ready to take on this great champion while talking this guy up.

It looks like Israel is trying to pull GSP on Bisping or Conor on Eddie Alvarez.

I think people were counting out Jan before, like against Reyes, but Jan's pretty legit, but I don't think really people thought he was going to a champ either. But Jan's legit.

I don't think it's a good look to bark up a storm and then tuck tail and run and then only come around when the top dog isn't around no more.

Hoping this backfires. I think it could go either way.

Please excuse fighters for wanting to fight in their natural weight classes and not fight bigger men just for your entertainment.

This guy talked a big talk against Jon Jones while having no guts to move up a weight class to challenge him.

Then as soon as he moves up, he is all ready to take on this great champion while talking this guy up.

It looks like Israel is trying to pull GSP on Bisping or Conor on Eddie Alvarez.

I think people were counting out Jan before, like against Reyes, but Jan's pretty legit, but I don't think really people thought he was going to a champ either. But Jan's legit.

I don't think it's a good look to bark up a storm and then tuck tail and run and then only come around when the top dog isn't around no more.

Did you just start watching MMA?

Completely different 1. Izzy had to wait until he had the clout and star power to move up to fight jones he didn't truly become a star until he beat Costa. imo 2. As mentioned already he always planned to move up to LHW regardless of where Jones was 3. Conor was originally scheduled to fight RDA.

Whats with the weird hate on Izzy? Thought you Otaku weirdos stuck together

Sherdog is half this
If he can move up and beat the champ what's the problem?
Imo Izzy and Jones are planning on fighting some time in the future but they want to build it up first as the best vs the best. It's all about making money and they are smart fighters and trying to get paid.
Imo the UFC Dana White are horrible promoters. Any time they get 2 guys with a 10-0 record they want them to fight. They dont build up their stars. The UFC matchmaking is a meat grinder. The best times were when UFC bought other orgs because then you actually had known guys with good records to fight each other.
And half this
Did I hit a nerve? OHHHH WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The fact he has been talking about fighting Jones all the way back in 2019, and then told Ariel he hasnt thought ahead of his next fight and dosent know if he will fight jones, was a bit weird anyway.

Definition of "Pulling a GSP" :
Challenging ones self and fighting the champion in a weightclass above his own.
to duck the rest of the division and ruin the lineage 4 ever yeah

I love how it's all about "acting like he has balls" as if professional fighters are cowards.
You understand pro fighters can get paid more because of things like having a good record, being undefeated in the UFC and having multiple championships. It's not in their best interest financially to lose fights.
So yes it's obviously an easier fight than fighting Jones but so what? Hes fighting the guy who has the belt and if he can win he'll be able to promote himself as a 2 division champion. You can complain if there are fights you want that arent happening but it's his job to promote himself in a way that he can ask for higher paying contracts. Its not fair to say its because hes afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:

shut the fuck up.

jones has talked about it his whole career but only now grown the balls to do it, and still hasn't got in the cage yet.

izzy fought 9 times in 3 years won every one of them. now after clearing out middleweight he's instantly gone up for a new challenge instead of fighting guys like whittaker (who he already destroyed) or till or cannonier.

you can not like him as a fighter, but he's done nothing but deliver.

The fact he has been talking about fighting Jones all the way back in 2019, and then told Ariel he hasnt thought ahead of his next fight and dosent know if he will fight jones, was a bit weird anyway.
He has to show support for Francis Nganou. He believes that Big Frank will become champion, so he can't outright say he's to go to heavyweight. You may not like his reasoning but it's clear that he wants to respect Francis.

On the other hand if Jones ends uo with the title, he'll be glad to fight him in December. That timeline actually makes sense, given that Bones has to wait for the winner of Stipe vs. Francis.

This will also give Adesanya an opportunity to defend his 185 belt and not hold up that division. And before you say that sounds ridiculous, remember that Adesanya is capable of being and wants to be more active than the average champion and fighter.

Even if Jon doesn't get the belt, they will likely still fight, but Israel may try to bait him back down, or not.

Back