Israel, Silva, Tyron ,Usman get hate for playing it safe, but GSP,Khabib,Maia,Wonderboy are loved?

How're they not not nice people? I bet they've done more for people than you.

Masvidal said Woodley is the last person he would want to fight in the ufc because of all he's done for him when he was coming up, on Ariels show.

Cry baby

Stop projecting your insecurities, again I'm not saying they are bad but they are not as nice as the other guys.

Wut

How was what GSP was doing most of his career any different than how Usman fights? Or Randy Couture?

Randy is a beloved MMA figure (rightfully so) but he fought exactly like Usman.

Wut

Where did I mention Oozemun or Randy?

Where the Hodgkins twins at?

I think it really comes down to fans wanting to watch exciting fights. For example: I would like to be a fan of both Usman and Volk but after last night’s performances from them, I doubt I’ll order a PPV that they’re on again. They are both good/great fighters but I don’t spend $70 to watch people fight not to lose. I don’t want bar room brawls but I certainly don’t want wall and stall or dance and prance either.

Also, TS, I think you are underestimating how much shit some fighters receive and overestimating how much others receive.

Here we go again.

I don't know if you were a fan of the sport back in 2011-2013, but GSP was HIGHLY criticized by casuals on this forum for being a point fighter. The uneducated fanbase will always dislike passive and technical fighters. They aren't to blame and I don't think this has anything to do with race. People watch this sport for entertainment purposes.

Silva is beloved, and was never seen as a a "safe" fighter, but I get the point being made.

There is a double standard for black fighters who are seen as "boring" and a lot of white fighters who are also percieved to have "boring" styles. If you are a black fighter that lays and prays, wrestlefucks or point fights, you are almost guaranteed to be disliked and seen as a "sport killer". Wheras a lot of white fighters with boring styles can have an adoring fanbase.

That shit is very obvious. You'd have to be blind not to notice it.

When the fuck has Khabib “played it safe”?

He kicks the living shit out of everyone he Fights.

what fucking timeline are you from that GSP never got shit for Being boring?

in conclusion, fuck off with your race baiting shit troll thread.

Because no one likes a cocky tough guy badass wannabe who proceeds to fight for points once they step in the cage.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

I have never seen Israel, Tyron or Silva getting shit on regularly for 'playing it safe'.

GSP didnt get hated on? Where the fuck have you been?

Regardless if you think a fighter is mostly exciting(Anderson Silva surely was), sometimes they do play it safe and have some boring fights....However I noticed that some fighters receive little to no hate from playing it safe (GSP, Khabib, Maia, Wonderboy)......but other guys get a shitload, and I mean a shitload of hate like Israel, Anderson Silva, Tyron, and Usman....Makes no sense.

Maybe the fans are taking the fighters' IQ's in to consideration. Who knows.

I have never seen Israel, Tyron or Silva getting shit on regularly for 'playing it safe'.

GSP didnt get hated on? Where the fuck have you been?

Tyron got shit on all the time for "playing it safe" and not knocking people out.

People turned on Israel big-time after his fight with Romero. One "boring" fight, and much of his momentum with fans seemed gone. And he was widely percieved as one of the most exciting fighters around before the Romero fight.

Agreed about Silva though. Don't know where that example came from.

All those white guys get plenty of shit too.

But It's also true that mma fandom and Sherdog in particular is full of racist maga types.

Regardless if you think a fighter is mostly exciting(Anderson Silva surely was), sometimes they do play it safe and have some boring fights....However I noticed that some fighters receive little to no hate from playing it safe (GSP, Khabib, Maia, Wonderboy)......but other guys get a shitload, and I mean a shitload of hate like Israel, Anderson Silva, Tyron, and Usman....Makes no sense.

I guess you didn't watch UFC before ESPN got them. People hated the fuck out of GSP when he got boring later on. Maia got shit as well.

PS lol you are only sticking up for the black fighters.

All those white guys get plenty of shit too.

But It's also true that mma fandom and Sherdog in particular is full of racist maga types.

and racist BLM types

And cuck white liberals

I never had hate for Tyron, when he won he usually was cautious but beat the other guy up pretty good.

Silva only got hate for a couple matches like the Maia one where he clowned around too much.

Usman got hate for this last one because 90% of his strikes were foot stomps. That's just lamez it's hardly even fighting.

Israel put up a cowardly performance against Yoel, all he did was leg kick. Otherwise he's had some good fights.

All of the white guys on that list have gotten plenty of hate, if not much more hate, so I don't buy your premise.

While I can appreciate their dominance, doesn’t mean I like their fighting styles. The easy solution without complaining is that I choose what I watch and what I don’t.
<Fedor23>

GSP gets tons of crap for "Playing it Safe"
Khabib gets some.
Wonderboy fights to win and get the finish.
But Maia? How does he fight to play it safe? He has 17 of 28 wins by finish.

Back