Israel kills Iranian General, high ranking Hezbollah in Syria

I think you guys misunderstand how Israeli think, they got intel on a Mughniyeh son, IRCG general officer and another Hezbollah commander nicely packed and travelling in a convoy. What do you do in that situation? Shoot. One less of the Mughniyeh progeny to trouble the world, one less IRCG..

They know they will fight Hezbollah again, it is just matter of time. Might as well kill some of the leadership and a symbolic target when opportunity is there. I seriously doubt ISIS figured in their decision to shoot in any way. If tomorrow their drone spots Nasralah what do you think they will do? lol

Why do you believe that Israel has it in for Iran and/or Shi'ite militants anymore than Israel has it in for the Sunni equivalents? Sunni militants such Hamas are as hated as Hezbollah and back in the day the Egyptian/Syrian/Iraqi armies were feared and hated by Israelis as much as Iran's is today. IMO Israel is an equal opportunity hater towards any state or group that it feels threatened by.

Because Sunni militants are the kind that will run towards a minefield yelling allah akhbar expecting god to blast the enemy Jericho-style. They have also no open military backing and no real training facilities.

Hezbollah on the other hand has all of those, and Israel doesnt likes that, because when they fuck with Iran and Syria. Hezbollah strikes back.

They're all murderers. Once one party is contained there will be others to contain. We are currently arming people who may very well be our next enemy. Israel is just jumping to cue and getting a head start on hezbollah and Iran. They're not your friends either, they're just useful right now to help dispose of ISIS, but once ISIS is no more the pressing matter, it could very well be Assad/Hezbollah and Iran.

Hezbollah can actually restrain its members, ISIS is just an out of control mass hysteria.

The reason why Israel hates Hezbollah is because Hezbollah is the way of Iran retaliating to Israeli efforts to stop their nuclear program.

Israel kills some scientists or strikes Syria, Hezbollah will find some Isrealis to kill, simple as that.

Hezbollah can actually restrain its members, ISIS is just an out of control mass hysteria.

The reason why Israel hates Hezbollah is because Hezbollah is the way of Iran retaliating to Israeli efforts to stop their nuclear program.

Israel kills some scientists or strikes Syria, Hezbollah will find some Isrealis to kill, simple as that.

So Israel is looking out for their own interests ? How could Bibi do this ? Do you think we should kick them out of World Police club ?

Well that should calm things right down.

I think you guys misunderstand how Israeli think, they got intel on a Mughniyeh son, IRCG general officer and another Hezbollah commander nicely packed and travelling in a convoy. What do you do in that situation? Shoot. One less of the Mughniyeh progeny to trouble the world, one less IRCG..

They know they will fight Hezbollah again, it is just matter of time. Might as well kill some of the leadership and a symbolic target when opportunity is there. I seriously doubt ISIS figured in their decision to shoot in any way. If tomorrow their drone spots Nasralah what do you think they will do? lol

This is some Art of War tactics going on and while everyone loves to quote Sun Tzu, they are just outraged when someone actually does it.

Just out of curiosity, what's Israel's dog in this fight?

You would think that they'd prefer the predictable and restrained hostility of an Assad regime to a Jihadistan on their border?

Just out of curiosity, what's Israel's dog in this fight?

You would think that they'd prefer the predictable and restrained hostility of an Assad regime to a Jihadistan on their border?

They'd prefer Hezbollah and ISIL continue to expend their resources on attempting to obliterate each other instead of Israel.

They'd prefer Hezbollah and ISIL continue to expend their resources on obliterating each other instead of Israel.

So why antagonize Hezbullah then? Seems they were doing a good job fighting the Sunnis.

So why antagonize Hezbullah then? Seems they were doing a good job fighting the Sunnis.

To keep it even, and to take an opportunity when it presents itself. They don't want Hezbollah to do a good job fighting the Sunnis. They want both sides to fight each other poorly.

Tell me what exactly is wrong with that from Israel's position? They're looking out for their own interests. Not enough world policing in other people's international conflicts for you? You are vocally against the US entering conflicts in which they don't belong but somehow you want Israel to choose a side. Isn't that hypocritical ?

it isn't in our interests, so i'm against it, i don't expect israel to give 2 fucks about our interests though because they never have before.

oh and i'd be more than happy for israel to mind their own business, so no, not hypocritical at all.

To keep it even, and to take an opportunity when it presents itself. They don't want Hezbollah to do a good job fighting the Sunnis. They want both sides to fight each other poorly.

That's some deep strategerizing.

Israel has never attacked ISIS or the Rebels (who have AQ and Islamist sympathies) but Israel has attacked Hezbollah a few times.

For Israel, Iran and Hezbollah are the number #1 enemy , while ISIS and the Jihadis are a backburner issue . Israel will gladly help jihadis (indirectly or directly ) to destroy Iran.

Israel has directly worked with the Sunni sectarian group Jundallah , designated a Terrorist org. by the US, to attack Iranian civilians and government employees.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diploma...uit-terrorists-to-fight-against-iran-1.407224

'Israeli Mossad agents posed as CIA spies to recruit terrorists to fight against Iran'
Foreign Policy magazine cites CIA memos from 2007-2008 that the Mossad recruited members of Jundallah terror group to fight against Tehran; U.S. was reportedly furious with Israel and moved to limit joint intelligence programs.

Israeli Mossad agents posed as CIA officers in order to recruit members of a Pakistani terror group to carry out assassinations and attacks against the regime in Iran, Foreign Policy revealed on Friday, quoting U.S. intelligence memos.

No surprise , afterall Israel supported the Apartheid regime of South Africa .

So Israel is looking out for their own interests ? How could Bibi do this ? Do you think we should kick them out of World Police club ?

Israel should look for its own interests by not poking the ant hill.

And the world will cry with outrage when hezbollah attacks israeli assets, ludicrous.

The israeli-al-qaeda cooperation in southern Syria runs so deep even the UN complains about it. If the countries of the middle east would understand that the enemy of your enemy is infact not your friend then maybe there will be peace in the region someday.

This is some Art of War tactics going on and while everyone loves to quote Sun Tzu, they are just outraged when someone actually does it.

More like Machiavelli

I sense so skepticism. What part of it (and it is really basic strategy) do you think is wrong?

No, no skepticism. I wish our own leaders thought that deeply about our enemies.

Israel should look for its own interests by not poking the ant hill.

They're letting the wasps and ants eradicate each other while they sit by with their can of Raid.

As Sun Tzu said; The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

You can't blame them for taking advantage of an opportunity, no matter how counter productive this is to our own agenda.

Last edited:
Back