Israel is the new Conor

Israel challenges Whittaker and loses imo, but becomes a stronger fighter for it. Interesting to see if he pulls an upset though, time will tell

Not seeing any similarities at all.

Fans will lose in the end.

Israel is beatable by Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero, Jacare, Rockhold, even Weidman I think or Costa, and he gets a title shot after a circus fight with a 43 yo guy?

The problem with Conor is simple: he doesn't defend belts. But as an up and coming fighter he was great for fans. Adesanaya has a unique style and is putting on good fights for fans. What exactly are you complaining about?

The problem with Conor is simple: he doesn't defend belts. But as an up and coming fighter he was great for fans. Adesanaya has a unique style and is putting on good fights for fans. What exactly are you complaining about?
Adesanya didnt face real contenders

Adesanya didnt face real contenders
Yeah, he needs a top ten and top five win imo. They need to bring him along slowly if they can. I agree it's way too early for him to get a titel shot. But Whittaker's out and the rest of the top five is a mess with everyone having recent losses. The UFC has made a hash out of MW, which is sad because there are good fighters and intriguing matchups at the top.

- Israel squeeks a split decision against a who da fook Vettorii... Sherdog: "Israel is da best"
- Israel has a controlled unanimous dec against a debatable GOAT... Sherdog: "Israel is shit"

And Anderson looked good boi, better than he has in years. Still fast as fukk. I thoroughly enjoyed that fight.

I don't believe he looses to those guys just like that. Don't you think he'll fight them differently than he did Andy? or Vettori?

Lot of those you listed are actually very hittable. Andy is incredibly unhittable. And Vettori is incedibly tough.
<BC1>

It helps having a fire hydrant for a head.

His wresslin and ground game are huge question marks to me. Its still way too early to call him future champ. That said, its unfair to claim that he has pisspoor ground game, heart and poor tdd like Conor does. He hasnt been exposed that bad yet. I have to give the guy the benefit of the doubt cause i havent seen him break and give up his neck easily like ive seen Conor doing.
Also, Conor was a champ champ multi millionaire by the age 29.

Israel is beatable by Whittaker, Gastelum, Romero, Jacare, Rockhold, even Weidman I think or Costa, and he gets a title shot after a circus fight with a 43 yo guy?

Not even close. Not only did Conor have better competition, but Adesanya doesn't have that same kind of star quality. Plus, I think Adesanya would fight more often than Conor if he gets the belt. Big IF.

Yea that's what they said about Conor too. He'd lose to Mendez, Frankie, Also etc.

Israel has won dominantly in the UFC so far and is also a world class kickboxer. I'd say he's untested Vs great wrestler but to say he's lose against other strikers like Gastelum and Whitaker is dumb. He'd be a favourite against almost all of those guys. I think only Whitaker and Romero would be a betting favourite only because one is a champ and the other is a high level wrestler

Not even close. Not only did Conor have better competition, but Adesanya doesn't have that same kind of star quality. Plus, I think Adesanya would fight more often than Conor if he gets the belt. Big IF.
Israel literally just beat Anderson, someone who has more GOAT claim over anyone Colin faces, and yes even over Aldo. Plus they’re all manlets at 145, Israel or Anderson runs through them all in open weight. Your competition comparison is void.

And who gives a shit about star quality lol it’s fighting, not a reality tv show.

This punk is not as good as Connie and I hate Connie. Dude decisions scubs.

Jus wait any top 5 takes him out.

More like wanna be connie and thats not even a good thing

Pretty much.

israel would actually defend the belt though lol, so not completely like him

i dont even know about that

hes already demanding a whole bunch of shit and has a whole bunch of expectations

i dont even know about that

hes already demanding a whole bunch of shit and has a whole bunch of expectations
sure, but his expectations stay in his own division. i dont think he could consider moving up to LHW and fighting jon, or going out to box floyd or some shit lol.

maybe he IS the kind of person to never defend if he had the chance to, but the thing is, i don't think that he has any other choice other than to stay in middleweight. so yeah, imo he would defend the MW belt if he got it.

Doesn’t even compare to conor

Aren't you the guy who was making threads about how your boi Andy would win that fight? And now Silva is just some "43 yo guy"????

I fucking despise Luke Thomas but the breakdown he did today of the fight shows why this kind of thread is dumb af. Israel is lightyears ahead of Conor as a striker, and Conor is only really a striker.

Sleep on that.

Israel literally just beat Anderson, someone who has more GOAT claim over anyone Colin faces, and yes even over Aldo. Plus they’re all manlets at 145, Israel or Anderson runs through them all in open weight. Your competition comparison is void.

And who gives a shit about star quality lol it’s fighting, not a reality tv show.

So you're admitting that Israel and Conor are not similar. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Back