Israel does not stand a chance against Jon Jones

Well you have a point that he's a better fighter than Robert but I just saw very little in there from him to threaten jones. I have trained eyes on this. Technically, Robert was better.. and that's a bad fucking sign
Robert did not have to worry in the slightest bit about Adesanya's offensive wrestling, while Israel surely had to worry at least a bit about that, making it possible for Rob to concentrate purely on the striking, yet he got outstruck, knocked down two times and knocked out at the end of the second.

Now i don't know what you've seen that makes you think Robert looked more technical, but even if Robert looked more fluid, fluidity doesn't win fights. Being the more accurate, smarter striker however, usually does and this applied to Adesanya here.

A motivated Jones would kill Adesanya, and he would be motivated for sure.

People joke about "Motivated BJ Penn" but Jones is the one who needs a challenge to fight well. Given a boring opponent who has nothing to offer, he offers little in return other than winning rounds. See Lionheart, St. Priux, Thiago Santos.

But give him a Cormier, Gustaffson 2, or Bader, Shogun, or Rashad when he was coming for the title, and he's great. He would be the same against Stylebender, plus he's a hell of a lot bigger with wayyyyy longer reach. Jones wins easily, but it would still be an interesting fight to see.

Sure, he has no chance at beating Jones.

Except many people think that Santos arguably just beat Jones.

We got planes and shit yo.

Seriously though, he probably doesn't.

A motivated Jones would kill Adesanya, and he would be motivated for sure.

People joke about "Motivated BJ Penn" but Jones is the one who needs a challenge to fight well. Given a boring opponent who has nothing to offer, he offers little in return other than winning rounds. See Lionheart, St. Priux, Thiago Santos.

But give him a Cormier, Gustaffson 2, or Bader, Shogun, or Rashad when he was coming for the title, and he's great. He would be the same against Stylebender, plus he's a hell of a lot bigger with wayyyyy longer reach. Jones wins easily, but it would still be an interesting fight to see.

He was so motivated for DC that he had to do steroids in both fights.

Who cares!? Wonderboy knocks them all dead

I think he clowned Whittaker badly.... but yeah I also think that African clown gets badly hurt by any version of Jon Jones

That's not the way I saw it. Israel landed one good blow the end of the first round, and that changed it

People who actually understand fighting saw it differently.

His striking was chockingly weak, while Robert Whitaker impressed me greatly with his boxing. Robert ended up getting countered badly twice but the better overall striker was the MMA guy, by a mile!

How can Israel feel after that weak overall performance that he is ready for Jones?

duh he a mw and jon is a lhw

Ban obvious troll.

he was the "champ" but he was never the best fighter in his divison aka real champ.

he already lost vs the white version of adensaya and moved up, cuz MW is dogshit

LOL

People who actually understand fighting

I have predicted outcomes by close to 100% accuracy. I wrote that Cormier would beat Rumble (twice). Jones would beat Cormier twice. Rockhold would smoke Machida.. etc

Jones would destroy GUS second time around.. etc

Whether he made enough contact or not, do you really think his striking was high level in that fight from a striking perspective? Bare in mind that he's supposed to be elite.
His striking was high level, even by your own standards, since he finished a very good striker in Robert Whittaker - on the feet.

Now to your statement "[...] he's supposed to be elite.": In todays MMA-landscape (and at any weightclass that has at least a decent talent-pool) fighters are usually so well-rounded, that even the very best of strikers don't outland their opponents by 2:1 or even 3:1.
Now Robert Whittaker isn't just any modern MMA-fighter, he's a very smart guy with really good striking (also coming from a striking backgorund, if i'm not mistaken) and a well-rounded skill-set in general.

You just don't beat guys like Rob without absorbing at least some strikes from them, it's nearly impossible.
In kickboxing you can shell up and block strikes, but in MMA that's just not possible, making it way easier to land strikes, even if the opponent is an elite-striker.

Back