Israel admits giving weapons to Islamists in Syria then deletes news story

Noticing quite a bit of anti-Semitism in here. Lets clean it up boys.
1415674250827.gif

Israel? You mean the United States. The Israelis never had and never will have shit that is not given to them by the Americans. We pay for their military and they laugh at us. Well, they did get some free submarines from the Germans. Yeah, the same Germans that were once Nazis and killed 6 million Jews.

This isn't true.

Israel spends ~22B annually on their military. US Aid to Israel of all types, amounts to $3B annually.

Israel's annual budget this year is $139B USD, so US Aid is a small portion of their revenue and expenditures.

I've often thought that Israel could sow dissent or even cheaply get rid of opponents simply by 'leaking' information that someone has been working with them. "Abu Bakr Meets with Mossad Officials in Damascus' sort of thing, only way more subtle.

Not saying that is what is happening here, but it would be an easy way to get someone's own team to do your dirty work.

This isn't true.

Israel spends ~22B annually on their military. US Aid to Israel of all types, amounts to $3B annually.

Israel's annual budget this year is $139B USD, so US Aid is a small portion of their revenue and expenditures.

a country that small with expenditures that high...insane. their benefit system must be great.

a country that small with expenditures that high...insane. their benefit system must be great.

Not really..

There are states with similar or less population with more GDP that would have more revenue than Israel if states had taxes at 20-47% like they do.

NJ has roughly the same population but has $150B more in annual GDP compared to Israel. NJ $465.5B vs Israel $318B.

I've often thought that Israel could sow dissent or even cheaply get rid of opponents simply by 'leaking' information that someone has been working with them. "Abu Bakr Meets with Mossad Officials in Damascus' sort of thing, only way more subtle.

Not saying that is what is happening here, but it would be an easy way to get someone's own team to do your dirty work.
There was a Law and Order episode where something like that happened concerning Israel and Iran.

As arbiter of what's anti Semitism, I haven't seen any yet. I think @sniper is being ironic or facetious.

This isn't true. Israel spends ~22B annually on their military. US Aid to Israel of all types, amounts to $3B annually. Israel's annual budget this year is $139B USD, so US Aid is a small portion of their revenue and expenditures.

Yes it is. Not sure where you are getting your numbers.
. Israel's GDP for 2017 was $350 billion.
. Israeli's military expenditure in 2017 was $19 billion (including U.S. aid -- unclassified information).
. Israeli's military expenditure (% of GDP) in 2017 was 4.7.
. GDP for the U.S. in 2017 was $19 trillion.
. U.S. aid to Israel amounts to almost $4 billion per year (unclassified information).
. How much 'aid' is given to Israel that is classified? Their nuclear program alone is classified.

What constitutes their GDP? Diamonds, high-technology, pharmaceuticals, raw materials, crude oil, and grain.
The point is Israel needs American financial and military aid to help support it. Why not decline the $4 billion in U.S. aid if they are so economically strong? The U.S. helped with the creation and growth of Israel since 1948. Since that time the U.S. has given Israel a total of $83 trillion.

Last edited:
While it is a fact that Israel has helped the Jihadists, so far most news reports have only mentioned medical aid , food , cash and other aid, but Haaretz says this:

"Dozens of rebels who spoke with Tsurkov described a significant change in the amount of aid they receive from Israel. Moreover, she said at least seven Sunni rebel organizations in the Syrian Golan are now getting arms and ammunition from Israel, along with money to buy additional armaments."

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east...-military-support-for-syrian-rebels-1.5826348
Weird, the jihadis are getting their asses kicked so why is Israel betting on a losing horse? You'd think Das Juden would be wiser with their cash but I guess not.
Israel? You mean the United States. The Israelis never had and never will have shit that is not given to them by the Americans. We pay for their military and they laugh at us. Well, they did get some free submarines from the Germans. Yeah, the same Germans that were once Nazis and killed 6 million Jews.
Actually they have a fairly respectable arms industry of their own, accounting for ~10% of the world's arms exports. The Uzi is probably their most famous gun.
how is this related to the thread?
Its not but he has it bookmarked so that he can post it whenever anyone says mean things about Israel.

Weird, the jihadis are getting their asses kicked so why is Israel betting on a losing horse? You'd think Das Juden would be wiser with their cash but I guess not.

Actually they have a fairly respectable arms industry of their own, accounting for ~10% of the world's arms exports. The Uzi is probably their most famous gun.

Its not but he has it bookmarked so that he can post it whenever anyone says mean things about Israel.
I never really noticed that Israel actually wanted the jihadists to win, cause that might actually be worse for Israel. What I noticed , from the years of following Syria, is that Israel just wanted the war to drag on and on and on, with both sides bleeding each other. They have attacked Assad when it looked like he was winning, though they claim they are just attacking Iranian entities. They couldn't go all out and severely hit Assad to make sure the rebels would get back on equal footing cause Russia wouldn't allow that level of escalation.

I never really noticed that Israel actually wanted the jihadists to win, cause that might actually be worse for Israel. What I noticed , from the years of following Syria, is that Israel just wanted the war to drag on and on and on, with both sides bleeding each other. They have attacked Assad when it looked like he was winning, though they claim they are just attacking Iranian entities. They couldn't go all out and severely hit Assad to make sure the rebels would get back on equal footing cause Russia wouldn't allow that level of escalation.
I don't think the jihadists winning would necessarily be worse. We're talking about ragtag militias armed with small arms and technicals, vastly weaker than what Assad has. If they won and posed any sort of threat Israel would level whatever they were able to salvage from Assad's army overnight.

But yeah, I could see them doing this merely to drag the war on and on.

I don't think the jihadists winning would necessarily be worse. We're talking about ragtag militias armed with small arms and technicals, vastly weaker than what Assad has. If they won and posed any sort of threat Israel would level whatever they were able to salvage from Assad's army overnight.

But yeah, I could see them doing this merely to drag the war on and on.
Jihadists winning would mean they could attack Israel and there not being a central authority to blame , it would be difficult for Israel to deter more attacks by making retaliatory strikes on large infrastructure and bases.
Jihadists winning would also mean a much more powerful Sunni sphere in the MidEast. It's in Israel's interest to not let the Sunnis totally dominate the MidEast, to have the Shia as a thorn in Sunni society.

Jihadists winning would mean they could attack Israel and there not being a central authority to blame , it would be difficult for Israel to deter more attacks by making retaliatory strikes on large infrastructure and bases.
Jihadists winning would also mean a much more powerful Sunni sphere in the MidEast. It's in Israel's interest to not let the Sunnis totally dominate the MidEast, to have the Shia as a thorn in Sunni society.
I think they see Assad as the greater evil but those are fair points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back