Israel Adesanya Reacts to Volkanovski's Submission Escapes

The relief turned into hype. They have such a killer team.

No idea why Volk swam into that triangle. Completely unnecessary. Sick escape tho

The fact that he incidentally maintained eye contact with Brian during the entire survival/escape process with that crazed expression on his face was even more hilarious to me. It was like looking into the depths of madness in his eyes.

The fact that he incidentally maintained eye contact with Brian during the entire survival/escape process with that crazed expression on his face was even more hilarious to me. It was like looking into the depths of madness in his eyes.
You HAVE to look up light that, if you tuck your chin your mouth can get stuck on their thigh and it will be a suffocation choke, especially worse with shorts.
I have a pretty good triangle defense and was mostly a gi guy for years and started doing no-gi and had to learn this the hard way.

But I agree, Volk looked pissed

You HAVE to look up light that, if you tuck your chin your mouth can get stuck on their thigh and it will be a suffocation choke, especially worse with shorts.
I have a pretty good triangle defense and was mostly a gi guy for years and started doing no-gi and had to learn this the hard way.

But I agree, Volk looked pissed

I'm tracking, that's why I said "incidentally" ;) I just found the situation and the specific expression on Volk's face during his technical escape to be amusing. It was all made even better by his "You try and choke ME, motherfucker?!" barrage of angry punches/elbows right after.

Can't think of another time I've seen a fighter break out of that many subs that looked totally locked in. Really pissed me off tho, when I bet on Ortega, I did not consider that Volk has no neck.

No idea why Volk swam into that triangle. Completely unnecessary. Sick escape tho

It was super necessary to assert dominance
<{CMPALM}>

Can't think of another time I've seen a fighter break out of that many subs that looked totally locked in. Really pissed me off tho, when I bet on Ortega, I did not consider that Volk has no neck.

Bendo vs Cowboy 2 had a lotta submission attempts that seemed really close as well

I wonder how they'd respond if they wouldn't know that someone in the room is filming.

Back