Israel Adesanya Plans to Make $100,000,000 in UFC

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Israel Adesanya has professional boxing experience, going 5-1 from 2014-2015, but don’t expect him to ever return to the squared circle again. According to the interim UFC middleweight champion, he can make the big boxing purses in mixed martial arts and wouldn’t need to switch sports like Conor McGregor did to make bank.

“I’ll make that purse in MMA, guaranteed. I’ll make that purse in the UFC,” Adesanya said ahead of UFC 243. “You can make $100 million in the UFC. You don’t have to go to boxing. Only Mayweather is going to make that. Only McGregor is going to make that, when he fought Mayweather, so that’s the Mayweather effect. That’s going to happen in the UFC. I guarantee you. I might be the first to do it in the UFC.”

. . .

“It’s not about the money at the end of the day. I’m doing this for legacy. This is where I’m going to end my career. I don’t want to fight the baddest motherf—ers in the world and then go fight some guy and (say) ‘oh we’ll duke it out but we’re only using our hands!’ I’ve got to kick someone in the face!”

. . .

Even if Adesanya manages to completely surpass Conor McGregor’s popularity (and pay scale), it would still be impossible for him to break $100 million in one fight unless the UFC drastically changes their business model and revenue sharing. And based on the current legal battle going on against them, the UFC seems set on doing everything it can to keep things as it is.

In Adesanya’s last fight, he had a disclosed purse of $350,000, which is by far the highest in his career.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/10...ufc-you-dont-have-to-go-to-boxing-ufc-243-mma

He barely beat Gastelum and not good at hyping fights so I am not sure he even can make 10 million

Stop talking about this dude lol
Once Whittaker beats him nobody is gonna remember him because he hasn't done shit in the sport.

So you guys are hating on the man for believing there is big money to he made in the sport???

And one of you cucks said he can't hype a fight? Oh boy.

He barely beat Gastelum and not good at hyping fights so I am not sure he even can make 10 million
You gotta admit whittikar is a tough guy to sell a fight with, he's playing the goodie two shoes act so it's hard for izzy to get the back and forth trash talk that hypes up the fans going, because whittikar refuses to engage.

So i don't think it's fair to blame Israel for the hyping off this fight, it takes two to tango after all.

Addelsanya is bad matchup for Whittaker, i hope Robert wins, but my guess is Israel takes this one. Unless Robert can pull through and get a decision...

You gotta admit whittikar is a tough guy to sell a fight with, he's playing the goodie two shoes act so it's hard for izzy to get the back and forth trash talk that hypes up the fans going, because whittikar refuses to engage.

So i don't think it's fair to blame Israel for the hyping off this fight, it takes two to tango after all.

Your use of the word “act” implies that Rob is secretly an asshole. There is no evidence to support this claim.

Did he tell you about the half million down in Mexico?...of course he did, he tells anyone who will listen.

Points to whoever gets the movie reference.

Change UFC to MMA.
He surely knows that Floyd makes that much because he runs his own productions; on second thoughts he probably has no idea.

Back