Israel Adesanya on why he is moving up to take LHW title:

Wow what a bitch move. He actually waited for Jones to leave lhw.

Izzy was fighting HWs when Jones was running scared. When you clear out your division, you step up.

Guys like Izzy, Fedor, Anderson, Henderson are different breeds. Jones is always going to be below them.

And now here he is cutting all that weight to mw like a puss

I can't wait until Jon wrecks this troll. He actually said fight woulda gone same way with matrix Anderson too.

2 yrs ago i gave Izzy no chance in hell at even making it competitive with Bones. Today, i can even see him winning. Thats why mma is the shit.

Jon is preparing for HW which is a greater reward than beating Izzy. If (when) Jon beats Izzy everyone is going to say "he did what he was suppose to do."

HW title > Izzy

And of course you know Izzy isn't afraid to fight at HW. Fully clothes with a box of donuts remember.

Red card yourself
I’ve been around long enough to recall
When you were a decent Sherdog poster ......you’ve been struggling lately .......be better

Izzy is the coolest 15 year old kid I know.

Trolling dude, so cool! omg, do that cool dance, wow youre so awesome

what a cool dude!!

So troll Jon but not actually fight him? LMAO ok.

If you genuinely hate someone, mental warfare is just as important as physical warfare

By moving up Izzy is doing something that, so far, Jones has only talked about doing.That's obviously gonna get under Jones's skin

On top of that, he would be taking Jones's old belt, the one that Jones's legacy is built on. That's gotta sting a little bit too

Jones gave the belt up to move up to HW, but he just never ended up doing it and has sat out. Meanwhile, Izzy is remaining relevant and if he wins the 205 belt he is adding to his own legacy while Jones's remains stuck in the mud. For someone with a bigass ego like Jones it can't be good to see your rival prospering and being one of the main stars of the sport while you flirt with irrelevancy

If Izzy wins and THEN fights Jones it adds to the hype. People have always said that Izzy is too small to beat Jones, but if he proves that he can succeed at 205 (by winning the belt) BEFORE fighting Jones, the odds could be a lot more even. There would be a lot of stories, a lot of narratives for such a fight

I haven't been too interested, overall, in Izzy's career. He's a good champion, but he hasn't really WOWed me yet. But choosing to fight Jan, to me, is the smartest thing he's done in his career so far. It's a very risky move, but if it works out for him, and by some miracle he can beat both Jan and Jones he would instantly become a legend

he should fight jones asap.. scared

I suspected it's all about Jones. Beating Jones makes Izzy a legend. Beating Jan doesn't age well. Sure, he gets to be 2-div champ, but Bisping was a stronger champ than Jan.

Yeah nice try, Jan is on paper the weakest LHW champ in recent memory. Everybody knows this. He’s not trolling, he’s not being a funny guy. The belt is the only thing he cares about actually, and any hope of him winning a second belt would’ve been squashed by jones. This is super transparent and he’s trying to play it off.
You nailed it but the nut huggers will spin it.

If you genuinely hate someone, mental warfare is just as important as physical warfare

By moving up Izzy is doing something that, so far, Jones has only talked about doing.That's obviously gonna get under Jones's skin

On top of that, he would be taking Jones's old belt, the one that Jones's legacy is built on. That's gotta sting a little bit too

Jones gave the belt up to move up to HW, but he just never ended up doing it and has sat out. Meanwhile, Izzy is remaining relevant and if he wins the 205 belt he is adding to his own legacy while Jones's remains stuck in the mud. For someone with a bigass ego like Jones it can't be good to see your rival prospering and being one of the main stars of the sport while you flirt with irrelevancy

If Izzy wins and THEN fights Jones it adds to the hype. People have always said that Izzy is too small to beat Jones, but if he proves that he can succeed at 205 (by winning the belt) BEFORE fighting Jones, the odds could be a lot more even. There would be a lot of stories, a lot of narratives for such a fight

I haven't been too interested, overall, in Izzy's career. He's a good champion, but he hasn't really WOWed me yet. But choosing to fight Jan, to me, is the smartest thing he's done in his career so far. It's a very risky move, but if it works out for him, and by some miracle he can beat both Jan and Jones he would instantly become a legend
All that? LOL Beat Jon Jones in a physical fight, and you can have all the mental advantage you want over him.

Back