News Israel Adesanya on Track for UFC 248, but Paulo Costa Could Replace Yoel Romero..

Israel beats them both so it really doesn't matter who he fights first.

<PlusJuan>

Father time could catch up with Yoel any time, so I hope he gets the shot first.

Izzy KOs Costa and folks will claim he came back too soon from his bicep injury. Either way I will pay for that fight and will be here for the bullshit afterwards...

/thread.

Just stick with Yoel and let Costa fight the winner.

Whoever he fights it should be a good one. Both are scary mofos.

Izzy vs any top 5 MW is must watch MMA for any fan

Izzy KOs Costa and folks will claim he came back too soon from his bicep injury. Either way I will pay for that fight and will be here for the bullshit afterwards...
Costa KOs izzy and folks will claim he was preparing for Romero
<seedat>

PER MMAJUNKIE.com

LAS VEGAS – UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya is expected to defend his title at UFC 248, but his opponent has yet to be determined.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the promotion is still actively looking to book Adesanya (18-0 MMA, 7-0 UFC) vs. Yoel Romero (13-4 MMA, 9-3 UFC) in the main event of the March 7 event at T-Mobile Arena, despite the organization’s hesitancy to make an official announcement.

“There’s no holdup on it all,” White told MMA Junkie following Wednesday’s UFC 246 news conference. “That’s the fight we’re trying to make. It would be those two and Weili Zhang vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk.”

There is one wrinkle in the company’s plans, though. Undefeated contender Paulo Costa (13-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC), who earned a title shot with an August win over Romero at UFC 241 but then revealed a bicep injury might keep him out of the planned booking, has now re-entered the picture.

With UFC 248 a little more than seven weeks away, company officials will certainly be looking to go on sale with tickets sooner rather than later, which means a decision will need to be made in the very near future. But with a blockbuster UFC 246 event set for this weekend, White didn’t seem to feel pressured when asked if there’s a deadline in place to make the call.

“We’re working on it,” White said.

Adesanya currently sits at No. 1 in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMA Junkie middleweight rankings, with Costa just behind at No. 2, and Romero checking in at No. 4

Shout out @Drugstore Cowboy for the video.

What a shit show

My guess is that they want to pay Yoel less than what he made for his other title fights because he is coming off two loses and Yoel is not ok with that.

Fuck that

First of all I dont even think Costa beat Yoel.

Secondly Yoel is old and with all hes accomplished and the terrible decisions this is his last hoorah. Give it to him.

Costa can fight the winner later this year.

So Whittaker pulls out of a fight two months away for "personal reasons" but Israel is still waiting for an opponent confirmation? Pfft.

My guess is that they want to pay Yoel less than what he made for his other title fights because he is coming off two loses and Yoel is not ok with that.

according to Ariel Yoel has already agreed to the terms and it’s on izzy and the ufc now

How many title shots will Romero get gifted

Yikes can the guy make weight this time

Izzy vs Costa
Yoel vs Cannonier

Both for UFC 248

Give Till the main event in London vs Hermanson or Brunson
Absolutely agree with this. Romero has lost twice in a row, and 3 out of his last 4. He has missed weight twice also in two of those title fights. I rather see Costa fight Adesanya, since he beat Romero. Hoping he gets cleared for March. Cannonier already called out Romero a couple of months ago. Good potential Number 1 contender fight. I like those opponents for Till also.

I am tired of Romero getting unwarranted chances for no apparent reason.

give yoel the shot .. nothing wrong with yoel taking that belt

Absolutely ideal scenario
Stop this nonsense yoel replaced Costa because Costa pulled out he had his chance and blew it yoel doesn't need replacing Costa did and this whole scenario were in with this mw title fight was created because of Costa. The real ideal situation would be if Costa didn't get injured in the first place.

Back