Israel Adesanya Is the Real Deal

This is the second or third thread I’ve about Izzy vs. Jones. What the fuck?

There's just no other interesting matchups for Jon at LHW, so people are reaching. Israel looks really good though. I'd watch the hell out of a fight between the two of them despite it being a reach. I suspect Jones would get him down and end it in short order, but Adesnaya is a threat to anyone who can't get him down imo, which is sorta the premise of the thread.

Supposedly Reem worked Jon back in the day in sparring, but I wouldn't count on it anymore at this stage of Alistair's career.
Don't necessarily think he can.

He would need to develop TDD adequate enough to be able to stuff Jones, which Is a huge leap from Brunson.

He's really the only fighter capable of giving Jones the work on the feet though. Only one with that level of creativity, mindset and fight IQ.

If he continues developing those holes In his game, I think It's worth mentioning his name.

If Jon couldn't get him down he would clinch him and smash him with elbows, so as long as Jon controls the long range and short range, you better be a very good boxer to make up the difference in the middle and even then Jon is fixing that hole in his game........ Israel doesn't have the tools to stop Jon.

I think the only one beating Jon on the feet Is another masterful technician. Israel Is really the only guy who fits that description.

One dimensional fighters who don't have that sort of creativity and striking IQ will fare poorly against Jones on the feet and there are not many who fall within that category.

Yea but Jones bread and butter is grappling he has that clinch, takedowns, top pressure.. no doubt he is pulsating stronger then him and will bully him in the clinch and eventually drag him down and that's the end of it.

I have been impressed with Stylebender's TDD defense. He doesn't fight like just a kickboxer he did it right and came into the UFC already an MMA fighter but I think he always had intentions of being an MMA fighter. It was cool to see him win by KO because people were starting to say he had no power. But looking back the Vettori and Tavares fight showed how comfortable he is fighting. He's disciplined and is actually relying on technique he doesn't chase KO's/headhunt or get frustrated.

On topic I think Yoel moving up to LHW and fighting JJ makes more sense. Israel still has a lot to prove at MW.

bro hes coming off a win against brunson..

.................................................BRUNSON

He needs more body mass to stand a chance with Jones. He is really quite thin and Jones just has more body-mass and power.

Adesanya is very very promising, but let him stay in his division and gain more experience and all that before saying he can beat Jones.
Dana is on his team, Adesanya will rise up the ranks at a nice pace.

Plants need nurturing, not over-watering.

If Jon couldn't get him down he would clinch him and smash him with elbows, so as long as Jon controls the long range and short range, you better be a very good boxer to make up the difference in the middle and even then Jon is fixing that hole in his game........ Israel doesn't have the tools to stop Jon.
yup. Jon's clinch game Is definitely not to be underestimated. Though, neither Is Adesanya's but In a different sense.

I get what you're saying..but I also wouldn't sleep on Israel's mastery of distance himself. I think Jon could handle himself but I also think there's a lot that goes wrong for Jon if he isn't able to dictate where the fight takes place.

Which in all likelihood he would be able to.

With Israel, were just speaking on his potential more than anything.

He needs more body mass to stand a chance with Jones. He is really quite thin and Jones just has more body-mass and power.

Adesanya is very very promising, but let him stay in his division and gain more experience and all that before saying he can beat Jones.
Dana is on his team, Adesanya will rise up the ranks at a nice pace.

Plants need nurturing, not over-watering.
I agree.

If / when he gets the title is when we can officially start talking about It.

He's got the frame though, quite similar to Jones actually minus the reach.

He could easily pack on the pounds if he chose to do so.

I agree.

If / when he gets the title is when we can officially start talking about It.

He's got the frame though, quite similar to Jones actually minus the reach.

He could easily pack on the pounds if he chose to do so.
First time I saw Adesanya fight, I literally thought "He looks like a scaled-down Jon Jones". There are some distinct similarities. More power to him, he has a great style.
His ability to bob and weave and slip and slide away from opponents' punches is EXCELLENT.

Adesanya might be the most overrated fighters in a long time. He went to a split decision with Marvin Vettori less than a year ago. He should beat well past his prime Silva, but that's not saying too much. Jones would rag doll his skinny ass.

He has to get past Anderson first. Take away the DC fight, reverse Diaz NC, count the KO vs Bisping and you realize the Spider is on a 3 fight demolition.

Yup.
And if I developed some Jesus-level wrestling moves and unholy punching strength, the ability to fly and was allowed to carry a hacksaw into the cage, I could beat Jones too. Big whoop
What a stupid thread

Adesanya might be the most overrated fighters in a long time. He went to a split decision with Marvin Vettori less than a year ago. He should beat well past his prime Silva, but that's not saying too much. Jones would rag doll his skinny ass.
Shut up dude. Yes Jones would probably obliterate him right now, but Jon is the GOAT so that doesn't mean a lot. We haven't even seen Adesanya at 100% yet in the UFC. He breaks his opponents before he even has to try that hard. There's no telling how far he could go in the UFC man

Yup.
And if I developed some Jesus-level wrestling moves and unholy punching strength, the ability to fly and was allowed to carry a hacksaw into the cage, I could beat Jones too. Big whoop
What a stupid thread
It really isn't

but go off

You should try actually watching the fights, judging their skillsets and potential accordingly.

What you're doing could just as easily be done by reading wikipedia

Sherdog is full of wikipedia tier analysts it would seem

Well, I personally think Israel beats even a prime Anderson but that's just me.

He may very well be the best overall striker we've seen in MMA thus far. How his game translates to MMA is a big factor In that as well.

Deep respect to Anderson for having the balls to take a fight like that at this stage of his career, It's actually crazy. That's why I feel they must've paid him a ridiculous amount of money to be a stepping stone, passer of the torch so to speak, believing Israel to be the next big thing. Just my thought. Otherwise It's just strange to me why he would sign up for what Is almost certain to be a one sided beating, all due respect to Anderson..
They offered him a title shot if he wins, hard to turn that down. I think he's gonna get KO'd

Back