Israel Adesanya: In stand up, I'll **** up Jon Jones. His stand up ain't ****

I’m glad he believes in himself. But Jones is just too big and skilled for Adesanya. He’d wreck Adesanya. It would look similar to Dustin and Max in terms of power. I’m going to guess Jones hits harder than Gastelum.

I guess he means in kick boxing.

MMA stand up when you fight a wrestler is a different type of challenge.

Jones has got really good control of distance and keeps better strikers from doing their stuff. I think people get surprised because it's hard to train for that.

i dont rly understand he moved to mma because he likes it being more of a well rounded fight/he started losing in kickboxing. now he know hes in an unwinnable situation, probably for the rest of his career so he wants to move back to kickboxing?

I'm a fan of both, but Bones will beat Israel up badly. I like Israel and think he will beat Whittaker, but I don't see him holding the MW title for too long with his style of fighting.

Jon Jones is terrible to deal with in the standup LOL

Dude now has ever weapon and knows when to use them. It's extremely hard to get into a riddem against him with his techniques and Octagon intelligence.

It's not kick boxing so it really doesn't matter, the fear of the take down and getting your orbital bone broken will be in the minds off all competitors!

LOL Jones would trash him even in the stand up.
And could end the fight anytime he wants by bringing it to the mat..

Came here looking for MikeTysonkneeslapper.gif

Left disappointed.

I am laughing right now at everyone who disagrees with what Israel said. Jones’ strength is his TD threat and his kicks. Adesanya is talking standup.

jones isnt as fast as gastellum. jones boxing is shit and he doesnt hit as hard as gas.

jones game = eye pokes, oblique kicks and elbows and thats the only reason why i would give him a chance.

Adensaya stomps jones in kickboxing or boxing.

You're an idiot. I like Isreal but his boxing is shit. Jon Jones would beat him standing up, easily.

jones isnt as fast as gastellum. jones boxing is shit and he doesnt hit as hard as gas.

jones game = eye pokes, oblique kicks and elbows and thats the only reason why i would give him a chance.

Adensaya stomps jones in kickboxing or boxing.

You're an idiot. I like Isreal but his boxing is shit. Jon Jones would beat him standing up, easily.
Lyoto out-struck Jon, before being caught in the standing guillotine.

Gus is definitely not as good of a striker as Israel is.

Shogun's knees were shot. Israel has a different striking style than him

How did you think he got that guillotine, Jones rock Machida with a super man punch. Jones was beating Machida on feet in the second round, did you not watch the fight after the first round.

Well if it was a kickboxing fight then yes, Israel would fuck him up. This is mma though, Jones would take him down and ..... it would get ugly for Israel.

MMA striking is not the same as kickboxing. Gokhan saki, who is a much better kickboxer got tko in the first round. Ppl love to overrate kickboxer.

Isreal doesn't even know how to use his reach, he was getting jab by Kelvin, do you really think Kelvin would even touch Jones, if they fought.

I like Isreal but I hope he stay at MW, because Jones is on another level.

That's just a product of inexperience, and unwavering self-confidence after taking out Gastelum, who is certainly an inferior fighter to Jones. It'd be a cool fight to see though... lots of creativity.

"In stand up I'll fuck him up honestly. His stand up ain't shit to me. Look at the way he fought Smith. Heart of a lion Smith. Uh nah no thank you"

How did you think he got that guillotine, Jones rock Machida with a super man punch. Jones was beating Machida on feet in the second round, did you not watch the fight after the first round.

MMA striking is not the same as kickboxing. Gokhan saki, who is a much better kickboxer got tko in the first round. Ppl love to overrate kickboxer.

Saki was old, his body was broken + USADA ... dude was just there for the paycheck.

Bro, I know that Adensayas boxing is shit, but its still better than jones boxing.

Even after all these years, dudes boxing is still so shit lmfao.

Theres a reason why jones is using kicks
5Q9K2K.gif

It's pretty debatable. Gastelum had a ton of success against Adesanya. Jones is a way better striker than Gastelum....

No he’s not. Jones is bigger, longer, and has the TD threat. His actual standup skill is pedestrian in all areas.

I like Izzy. He's the future champ at MW.

But he ain't got nothing for Jones.

There's levels to this shit

Saki was old, his body was broken + USADA ... dude was just there for the paycheck.

Bro, I know that Adensayas boxing is shit, but its still better than jones boxing.

Even after all these years, dudes boxing is still so shit lmfao.

Oh, now Saki is old, yall ain't saying that when he first fought in the UFC, talking about kickboxer is on another level. Jon Jones striking might be shit, but this is mma, he know how to use all his weapon better than anyone in the game. Gus would put Isreal to sleep in a striking match.

I am laughing right now at everyone who disagrees with what Israel said. Jones’ strength is his TD threat and his kicks. Adesanya is talking standup.

And since when aren't kick stand up ?
In MMA striking with the fear of the takedown he would get his ass handed to him.
Jones is very unorthodox ( oblique kicks, flashy moves, spinning elbows ...) and has reach that will cause troubles especially for a tall and lanky striker that will lose
two of the advantages ( height and reach ) he routinely rely on to outstrike people... This isn't just a kickboxing match...

by the way the clinch is standup too and we all know what would happen there...

Has anyone actually watched the video? People going on like Israel said he can take Jones etc, if anything its the polar opposite he's admitting he's isn't ready and has some hard fights before and that he's still learning? I'm sure people just guess what the videos about and post shit.

Back