Israel Adesanya: In stand up, I'll **** up Jon Jones. His stand up ain't ****

Jon knocked out Daniel Cormier and outstruck Gustaffson on the feet. Israel had his brains scrambled and was nearly KO'ed by a 5'8 fat WW and dropped a round to 44 year old Anderson Silva on the feet. Jon would work him with ease

It's pretty debatable. Gastelum had a ton of success against Adesanya. Jones is a way better striker than Gastelum....

jones isnt as fast as gastellum. jones boxing is shit and he doesnt hit as hard as gas.

jones game = eye pokes, oblique kicks and elbows and thats the only reason why i would give him a chance.

Adensaya stomps jones in kickboxing or boxing.

Israel would beat Jon in kickboxing, but won’t do much in mma at standup due to threats of takedowns and grappling

I guess he means kickboxing? Because clinching is stand-up and Jones would kill him there.

Too bad this is MMA.

Jones would take Izzy down and mangle his face even worse than Kelvin did with elbows.

someone should tell adesanya he's a middleweight.

GnP with hellbows against a guy that much smaller than jones is a legit scary thought.

Make it an even playfield. No grappling clause and lets see who the better striker is

Why don't we cancel kicks, or train Joshua how to kick?

Surely he would beat both guys standing with a little crossover training??

It's mma, striking isn't everything.

Jon knocked out Daniel Cormier and outstruck Gustaffson on the feet. Israel had his brains scrambled and was nearly KO'ed by a 5'8 fat WW and dropped a round to 44 year old Anderson Silva on the feet. Jon would work him with ease

gas boxing & speed >>>> DC

lol@Gus

dude even had a competitive fight vs grandpa shogun

Gus is done, he should leave MMA forever.

This guy barely beats Kelvin standing and almost gets finished multiple times yet people here are predicting he murders Jones standing?

jones isnt as fast as gastellum. jones boxing is shit and he doesnt hit as hard as gas.

How do you know that Jon doesn’t hit as hard as Kelvin? Kelvin fights WWs and MWs. Jon fights LHWs. You can’t fairly say that Kelvin hits harder when we haven’t seen Kelvin fight the same size of competition as Jon has. Jon doesn’t have as much power as a lot of guys have had in the past at 205, but he still dropped DC with a headkick and finished him, and DC has never been finished at HW or at LHW by anyone else. I think it’s foolish to compare the power of a guy who is basically a WW to the power of a guy who should really be fighting at HW. I strongly doubt that Kelvin would be KOing the guys that Jon has faced.

He probably would beat Jones standing. Jones has underrated defence but his boxing is still weak. Jones has a good kicking game but so does Adesanya. Jones is a better clinch fighter though, i think.

I think Jones would out-strike Adesanya quite handily.

Don't get me wrong, I like Adesanya, but the hype is a bit silly, he's had some tough fights, he's not really outclassing people, Kelvin actually out-struck him for large parts of their fight, if it wasn't for the reach i'm not sure Adesanya would have got it done, that's not a dig coz Kelvin has excellent hands.

Whittaker will beat him and I doubt the fight with Jones ever happens.

How do you know that Jon doesn’t hit as hard as Kelvin? Kelvin fights WWs and MWs. Jon fights LHWs. You can’t fairly say that Kelvin hits harder when we haven’t seen Kelvin fight the same size of competition as Jon has. Jon doesn’t have as much power as a lot of guys have had in the past at 205, but he still dropped DC with a headkick and finished him, and DC has never been finished at HW or at LHW by anyone else. I think it’s foolish to compare the power of a guy who is basically a WW to the power of a guy who should really be fighting at HW. I strongly doubt that Kelvin would be KOing the guys that Jon has faced.

Bruh ... DCs HW career = just hit or miss.

Theres a reason why DC ducked Gus
sGpFwmv.gif

tenor.gif

HW DC >>>>> LHW DC

Back