Israel Adesanya: In stand up, I'll **** up Jon Jones. His stand up ain't ****

Some people in this thread have terrible comprehension or just can't read. In "stand up" which is what he said, Adesanya would smoke Jones

I don't like Jones, but he would kick Adesanya's ass really bad IMO

Why is that not debatable? Nobody has ever outstruck Jones, and he's fought guys like Machida, Shogun and Gus.

Lyoto out-struck Jon, before being caught in the standing guillotine.

Gus is definitely not as good of a striker as Israel is.

Shogun's knees were shot. Israel has a different striking style than him

Why is that not debatable? Nobody has ever outstruck Jones, and he's fought guys like Machida, Shogun and Gus.

I think he means if its only stand up. No threat of takedown.

Even then he is underestimating Jones.

He's buying into his own hype and overestimating his abilities. Jacare and Romero would probably KO him. Several LHWs would finish him, yet he wants to skip right to Jones? I like his ambition since I don't like Jones, but he wouldn't have anything at all for Jones.

"In stand up I'll fuck him up honestly. His stand up ain't shit to me. Look at the way he fought Smith. Heart of a lion Smith. Uh nah no thank you"

israel was moments away from being ko'd from kelvin...now imagine a dude, 3 feet taller, with a foot longer reach...add to that, a guy with great kicks...fact is, israel would be like all the rest...he wouldn't be able to get close enough to do shit....

and mma is more than just standup....kelvin needs to worry about actually winning a world title first...winning the "interim" is only finding out who the number 1 contender is...Whitaker is the world champion...not israel...

Lol jones deleted the tweets

Israel would outstrike him, not really debatable

Jones likely wrestles him bad

think about what you're saying. kelvin was extremely close of stopping israel and jones is a foot taller, and probably 3 feet longer reach(slight exxageration). jones is too big, too strong...and has a much much larger variety of strikes, compared to Kelvin...

Izzy stand up ain't even that serious for him to be talking like this..
<{cruzshake}>

@BoD 2.0 firstly it was hyperbole, secondly in pure striking none of those guys have izzys credibility in the striking world
Jones also lack power at all. Adesanya should outstrike him imo

for someone that lacks power, he's the only person to hurt and ko dc...so much for no power..huh

Adesanya could stand with Jones and land clean, he has the reach and hands to exploit Jones average boxing. Jones really shines with the way he mixes up kicks and sets up his hands, but even still Izzy has seen it all.

But this is MMA, Adesanya even admitted his grappling isn't ready for Jones.

Not to be contrarian but I think Israel can stand toe to toe with Jones...

Jon's stand up is whatever, overrated... his reach advantage wouldn't be that much against Adesanya.

It's Jon's wrestling and submission skills that set him miles apart from Adesanya.

He took DC down with ease... I think that will be an almost impossible hurdle to overcome for Adesanya.

he out struck dc in the 2nd fight..there was no wrestling in that fight..and jones ko'd him dead...and dc would murder israel in the standup...while israel is more technical..i'll give him that..but there's a lot more to standup, than just being technical.

Israel is a talented striker, no doubt, but Jones has excellent technique for keeping his opponents at bay.

The stand-up battle would be interesting for sure.

Well if it was a kickboxing fight then yes, Israel would fuck him up. This is mma though, Jones would take him down and ..... it would get ugly for Israel.

how would israel f''ck him up, when he barely beat kelvin in the standup...ask yourself, how would kelvin do against jones? since they were pretty much even through out their fight, it's reasonable to say if kelvin would get murdered, so would israel.

Back