Israel Adesanya - "I Knew I Was Hurting Him"

Israel struggled against a bloated WW who had a 9 inch reach disadvantage.

Showed heart and a will to win though but Rob destroys him.
Rob has a great chance at catching him with a high kick after a combination, but Rob does not have the chin of Gastelum. When Israel hurts Rob, he won't go berserk like Romero. Rob has been picked apart by accurate straight punches before. I don't see him "destroying" Israel. Rob handled Romero because Romero's output was poor. Izzy can lead, and counter. This is a very tough fight for Rob.

Props to Adesanya, I bet against him and lost. I will not do it again. The guy is legit.
You would bet on Adesanya over Romero?
I'll take it. I had Kelvin as well.

Funny how you discredit Costa by suggesting he is using, while also praising Jones...who has repeatedly failed tests.

I'm gonna love it when Israel gets KTFO'ed. Not because I don't like HIM, but I just love seeing blind bandwagoners get their hopes and dreams crushed.
I’m not discrediting costa for using. Every fight I see him he gets lit up to the face and body. The only reason he doesn’t go down isn’t because of whatever he’s on and all the muscle he’s built around his frame and cardio advantage. Jon Jones is a skilled fighter, Costa is an enhanced fighter with a million holes in his game.

Bandwagon? I don’t see a bandwagon behind Israel. I see a bunch of delusional haters attempting to shit on a fighter who just won and out on an outstanding proformance.

You’re hoping and praying he gets knocked out because you DO NOT like him. No one in the division has the boxing or kick boxing pedigree to knock him unconscious. Fortunately he will beat Robert Whitaker and I will laugh at you.

Last edited:
Rob has a great chance at catching him with a high kick after a combination, but Rob does not have the chin of Gastelum. When Israel hurts Rob, he won't go berserk like Romero. Rob has been picked apart by accurate straight punches before. I don't see him "destroying" Israel. Rob handled Romero because Romero's output was poor. Izzy can lead, and counter. This is a very tough fight for Rob.
I doubt he does. Only reason that kick landed from Kelvin Is that he wasn't expecting It.

Stylistically this is a really bad fight or whittaker on the feet. But, his wrestling Is also very underrated. He can make this fight very Interesting if he's able to effectively mix up his game.

I was more impressed with Israel in this fight than any other. He showed his mettle. Kelvin was a big test.

I doubt he does. Only reason that kick landed from Kelvin Is that he wasn't expecting It.

Stylistically this is a really bad fight or whittaker on the feet. But, his wrestling Is also very underrated. He can make this fight very Interesting if he's able to effectively mix up his game.
He's caught Romero, and Jacare with the kick hidden by punches. It's something he does well. Adesanya was getting hit with kicks after punches in te Gas fight a few times.

He's caught Romero, and Jacare with the kick hidden by punches. It's something he does well. Adesanya was getting hit with kicks after punches in te Gas fight a few times.
not sure if you read what I said

The reason Gas landed the kick is because Israel wasn't expecting It. He's primarily a boxer, you aren't expecting him to throw a good head kick.

Whittaker is known to be a good kicker. Israel will be well prepared for any and all kicks that Whittaker throws and he won't have the element of surprise. Israel has fought infinitely better kickers than Whittaker, If he's prepared..It's going to be very difficult to catch him.

Kelvin had some moments In the fight, partly because he has the best boxing In the division. In terms of overall threat, I'd take Kelvin's hands over anyone else at MW. Similar stylistically on the feet to Jones DC, but Kelvin's boxing is MUCH better

That said, majority of the fight was dominated by Israel. It took him a bit of time to really find his groove and get comfortable.
first of all kelvin doesnt hit as hard as dc esp in the clinch

The reason Gas landed the kick is because Israel wasn't expecting It. He's primarily a boxer, you aren't expecting him to throw a good head kick.

Whittaker is known to be a good kicker. Israel will be well prepared for any and all kicks that Whittaker throws and he won't have the element of surprise. Israel has fought infinitely better kickers than Whittaker, If he's prepared..It's going to be very difficult to catch him.
Agreed, the only other high level technical striker Roberts faced picked him apart with ease. I love Robert but he has been out striking grapplers who are good put not great strikers, especially Yoel, but he has that game changing explosive power to make up for it.

Robert isn't as fast as Gas either and isn't as hard a puncher. I'm also not sure if his grappling is better than Gas's either and Israel's TDD looked pretty solid last night as did his scrambles.

Sure Robert could win but he's not likely going to wipe him out, fight could easily go either way.

Israel struggled against a bloated WW who had a 9 inch reach disadvantage.

Showed heart and a will to win though but Rob destroys him.

I reckon Israel matches up against Whittaker better then Gastelum

Robs in and out karate style might get him koed imo

Agreed, the only other high level technical striker Roberts faced picked him apart with ease. I love Robert but he has been out striking grapplers who are good put not great strikers, especially Yoel, but he has that game changing explosive power to make up for it.

Robert isn't as fast as Gas either and isn't as hard a puncher. I'm also not sure if his grappling is better than Gas's either and Israel's TDD looked pretty solid last night as did his scrambles.

Sure Robert could win but he's not likely going to wipe him out, fight could easily go either way.
Well, I think Rob is a great striker as well. Definitely not one to sleep on there. Thing Is with Yoel too is he had to spend a lot of the camp wrestling..and he's always under the threat of the takedown.

In a straight up striking battle where he doesn't have to worry about the takedown, he's definitely no joke. A formidable martial artist In his own right.

but yeah, stylistically I think It's a good fight for Israel if It's a striking battle. Whittaker has some underrated wrestling, if he's able to utilize it and keep him guessing It gets pretty Interesting.

And he knew Kelving was hurting him too. This was super close draw fight.

I hear ya. I think whittaker is sneakier than you're giving him credit for, but you're right. Israel has seen better kickers.

I hear ya. I think whittaker is sneakier than you're giving him credit for, but you're right. Israel has seen better kickers.
naw, I'm aware. Whittaker is very legit. I just think using Gas landing a kick as an example Is flawed.

I just hate his nickname. Come to think of it, I hate his real name too.

I’m not discrediting costa for using. Every fight I see him he gets lit up to the face and body. The only reason he doesn’t go down isn’t because of whatever he’s on and all the muscle he’s built around his frame and cardio advantage. Jon Jones is a skilled fighter, Costa is an enhanced fighter with a million holes in his game.

Bandwagon? I don’t see a bandwagon behind Israel. I see a bunch of delusional haters attempting to shit on a fighter who just won and out on an outstanding proformance.

You’re hoping and praying he gets knocked out because you DO NOT like him. No one in the division has the boxing or kick boxing pedigree to knock him unconscious. Fortunately he will beat Robert Whitaker and I will laugh at you.

You literally assume I don't like him even though I just said it's not because I don't like HIM. I have no issues with him. I said before his fight with Gastelum that I am neutral to both fighters. Funny you think nobody has a chance to knock him out...even though Gastelum, a guy who gave up like 7" in height and 9" in reach to him, almost knocked him out a couple times. Pure genius.

No bandwagon? Hahah you are out of your goddamn mind. I guess it was just "educated fans" saying he would easily KO Gastelum and how Gastelum had "no chance"? Like you're assuming he "will" beat Whittaker? You are literally on his bandwagon.

Unfortunately for you, whether he beats Whittaker or gets beat...I couldn't care less. I would just take joy in seeing him lose because of nutcases like you. I would feel the same way even for fighters I like. I would be sad that the said fighter lost, but also happy knowing bandwagon jumpers got their little feelings hurt.

Kelvin would KO Bobby..... think about it.

Lol Look at all the unecessary hate for no reason at the start of his carreer. Reminds me of when Jon Jones started winning high profile fights. All you so called fans got so threatened and started spewing nonsense.

He’s going to beat Whittaker watch. I’m going to love every minute of his run as well. Oh Yeah and forget costa winning against him, because he’s not a good fighter, he’s a product of whatever they have him on and nothing more. The only one who may possibly beat him at 185 is romero and I know how much that eats at your souls. Carry on.

And the new!
I never remember seeing Jones in this much trouble, his worst moment was the armbar vs. Vitor, and the Gus 1 fight.
Jones was STEAMROLLING people.

Adesanya got headkicked and dropped by a guy who barely reaches his nipples. He's still very good, but definitely not unbeatable.

Back