Israel Adesanya: “Jon Jones is a washed up old man”

I like Izzy but his shit talk is so erratic.

When it first came up (not too long ago), he said he'd love to fight Jones in the future but he wasn't ready yet.

Now he's just talking shit about a fight he's not ready for. I know him and Jones are going back and forth, but consistency isn't on Izzy's side here.

chihuahua-guard-dog-growling-and-barking-behind-chainlink-fence-picture-id200148851-001

Israel

Not evolving vs the next generation of fighters?

Dude his last 2 performances were terrible against failed middleweights yes. But I struggle to call a 36 year old Thiago Santos the next generation, or Anthony Smith the next generation, he's a year younger than jones but has 46 fights, he's ancient in fight years.

I'd say lack of motivation, boredom, and even living a tamer life all have done damage to Jone's old ruthless/dominant style. At 32 there's nothing stopping him from being a dominant force for another 2-3 years without competition aside from the boredom of having 0 interesting contenders. If he trained for and fights as carefree as he did his last 2 fights he probably does lose to Reyes, it's hard to stay motivated for so many years against fighters who you could care less about. Or maybe he's cocky and thinks he should just out kickbox Reyes to see if he can.

As far as evolution goes, the top group of LHW have a long way to go to catch up with the grappling/subs/distance/striking combo that Jones puts together.
Go watch the Smith fight again and then tell me that Jon's performance was terrible.

Failed MWs? No shit. Check out how well Smith and Santos have done at LHW.

Lol, at a 30 year old calling a 32 year old an old man. If he's so washed up why don't you prove it Izzy?

Washed up? He’s still the champ and still undefeated (excluding Matt Hamill)..

Conclusion - he’s just talking sh!t..

No need to mention the Hammer here.

Jones is undefeated.

Maybe worry about Yoel a bit more than Jon. If you're asked about it just don't comment because right now he has a very dangerous fighter in front of him.

lol Jones is 32 and Adesanya is 30

That reminded me of "Mr stilts over there" Dom Cruz making fun of Faber for being a manlet

I hope these two fight, I'd be glad to see either knocked out cold.

Back