Israel Adesanya: “Jon Jones is a washed up old man”

Isn't Jon only like 2 years older than Israel? lol

Not in cocaine years

<mma4>

@HoFF

RevolvingShinyFowl-max-1mb.gif

• Israel has a point though: Jon is not in his prime anymore.

What constitutes an mma prime is harder to define than other sports imo. 32 almost certainly is past an athlete's physical prime years. But there are certainly examples of MMA fighters (and nfl quarterbacks) being better post athletic prime. Part of it imo is that MMA can be a matter of knowing how to put all the pieces together and for some fighters it all clicks together later. Because Jon relies on strategy more than athleticism and because I view him as a fighter with a very high fight IQ, I'd say he should be able to keep going strong well past his athletic prime.

Israel, why you talking shit????

C'mon, it's who he is. Adesanya is a great fighter and he also runs his mouth. To have a few guys like that makes it more fun imo. Like I hate the shit he talks, but I love to hate the shit he talks.

Consider Colby. I find his schtick highly irritating, butt he satisfaction I felt when Usman shut him up was certainly enhanced by Colby's schtick.

Izzy just out there triggering fools

Good times

LOL Jones is nowhere near washed up at all, he couldn't be further from that statement.

Adesanya took more head shots in 1 fight Gastelum, than Jones has taken in 25+ fights.

Adesanya is fun to watch and I like that he is active and doesn't have all these BS made up injuries like a lot of champs after they win, but in saying that he needs to stay far away from Jones as possible, it will be a bad mistake, it will be like Jones vs Vera
Forget the Gastelum fight how about his 75 kickboxing fights and BRUTAL knockout loss to Alex Pereira that sent him packing from the sport.

Israel being his usual cringe self or is he on to something?

Other theories also exist about Jones’ recent lackluster performances, such as:

Losing interest in MMA

Being past his physical prime

Not evolving with the next generation of fighters

Edit: USADA as well (can’t believe I forgot that one)

I find it hard to believe a man that is only 31-32 years old is past his physical prime...when guys like bernard hopkins was a world champion at 49. only thing that happens to guys that age, is lack of motivation...that's it...physical skills, as long as you maintain focus and motivation can remain at peak levels for way past 30.

32 is never old unless you live in the paleolithic

Washed up? He’s still the champ and still undefeated (excluding Matt Hamill)..

Conclusion - he’s just talking sh!t..

Jones will never forget the nightmare of Hamill's face beating the utter shit out of his elbow.

It's gonna be a pleasure watching this guy getting silenced. Romero doesn't deserve the shot but i kinda hope he makes this clown his slave for 5 rounds just to make aunty dana squirm a little

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back