Israel Adesanya: “Jon Jones is a washed up old man”

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Israel being his usual cringe self or is he on to something?

Other theories also exist about Jones’ recent lackluster performances, such as:

Losing interest in MMA

Being past his physical prime

Not evolving with the next generation of fighters

Edit: USADA as well (can’t believe I forgot that one)

Last edited:

Israel being his usual cringe self or is he on to something?

Still would wipe the floor with him, I think.
Prime for prime, it would be the ass kicking of the highest caliber.

Washed up? He’s still the champ and still undefeated (excluding Matt Hamill)..

Conclusion - he’s just talking sh!t..

Other theories also exist about Jones’ recent lackluster performances, such as:

Losing interest in MMA

Being past his physical prime

Not evolving with the next generation of fighters

.........or the most obvious reason, he has to comply with USADA testing. Drug free Jones just had a close fight with a middle aged 185er.

Old man? Jones is just 2 years older than him

Adesanya - 30 years old.

Jones - 32 years old.

Yet Jones is an old man?

<{chips}>

Eugh. It would almost be worth watching Israel continue to win, just to see him matched with Jones. Make no mistake, it would be a mauling of the most ferocious variety.

• Israel has a point though: Jon is not in his prime anymore.
Depends, there is some hormone therapy from pigs that you can get at pictogram institute. If you noticed, JJ muscle looks strangely well defined, even better than his teenage years...;);)

Old man, take a look at my life, Im a lot like you were. The needle and the damage done. Ive been searching for a belt of gold.

Adelasagne is painful to listen to...almost as painful as the bad name joke I just made

I mean he has had lots of fights and many people act like Aldo is clearly not in his prime anymore either... but i agree with you.
I also think that Aldo isn't removed much from his prime.

LOL Jones is nowhere near washed up at all, he couldn't be further from that statement.

Adesanya took more head shots in 1 fight Gastelum, than Jones has taken in 25+ fights.

Adesanya is fun to watch and I like that he is active and doesn't have all these BS made up injuries like a lot of champs after they win, but in saying that he needs to stay far away from Jones as possible, it will be a bad mistake, it will be like Jones vs Vera

Aren't they two years apart in age?

Not evolving vs the next generation of fighters?

Dude his last 2 performances were terrible against failed middleweights yes. But I struggle to call a 36 year old Thiago Santos the next generation, or Anthony Smith the next generation, he's a year younger than jones but has 46 fights, he's ancient in fight years.

I'd say lack of motivation, boredom, and even living a tamer life all have done damage to Jone's old ruthless/dominant style. At 32 there's nothing stopping him from being a dominant force for another 2-3 years without competition aside from the boredom of having 0 interesting contenders. If he trained for and fights as carefree as he did his last 2 fights he probably does lose to Reyes, it's hard to stay motivated for so many years against fighters who you could care less about. Or maybe he's cocky and thinks he should just out kickbox Reyes to see if he can.

As far as evolution goes, the top group of LHW have a long way to go to catch up with the grappling/subs/distance/striking combo that Jones puts together.

I think you are reading into this a waaaay too much. It was typical insult turned into a clocknait title. Nothing to see here. Nothing of value to discuss.

I like Izzy but that is a dumb azz statement. If he is so washed up Izzy fight him this year.

Jon is only 2 years older than Izzy. WTF???

Back