Isn't that a bit shame that McGregor is wasting his prime?

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
3 fights in last 4 years.

Conor is such a phenomenal knock out artist. We need to see more of him. He is already 31,5 years old and probably has max 2-3 years left at the highest level.

Last fight lasted 40 seconds against washed up dude and he probably not going to fight until he gets his stupid Khabib rematch which is never going to happen.

I mean why he would not want to fight Gaethje? He'd easily remove the current number one contender from discussion. He promised to fight 3 times this year... May, June and July already booked.

Last edited:
For a fight fan, yes.

he’s made a ton of money through his antics though.

Mcgregor became double champ in his prime and became the richest mma fighter in history. So not exactly wasted years.

I wish he'd fight more often, no reason not to fight Justin in April.

The further he stays away from the octagon the better off the sport remains. Unfortunately, the UFC is willing to sell it’s soul for a fight a year with that guy.

It remains to be seen exactly how low the UFC will go with mcg.

Dude is a dick but Conor is a super fan friendly fighter, never a boring fight

He spent his prime getting owned by Khabib. Not that shameful though.

Conor is one of those fighters that I hate, but I love seeing him fight. Antics aside, he's always fun to watch, even when he's getting beaten.

If I never came to Sherdog or looked at MMA news, I'd probably be his biggest fan.

I'll never be mad at a fighter for cashing out if they have the opportunity, honestly. It's a hard sport that likely takes years off your life. Conor is no different than athletes in other sports looking for their one massive contract to insure the rest of their lives. He got his money and now he comes back on his own terms. All of his other bullshit (and UFC's bullshit) aside, it's a very smart move to make.

The more Conor fights against legit opposition, the more he'd lose and the less he'd be worth.
So less is more for Conors bank balance.

depends on how you look at it. As a fan, perhaps.

As a hater? the less the better.

As a fighter? he's made more bank than just about anyone and done it without having to fight 3-4 times a year. He's taken far less damage and is far better suited to live comfortably for the rest of his life, that's quintessential success.

disclaimer - that's strictly related to fighting and the professional side of things, leaving out his personal bullshit.

He's still young, as long as he stays active and keeps out of trouble we'll see plenty more great performances from him

He's a pretend fighter produced with smoke & mirrors courtesy of the UFC the sooner fanboyz realize it the better off mma will be without him...

Last edited:
Why should Connor bless any of our bum lives. Connor gave Habib life and he has been ungrateful. Let the king rest in his castle and do as he please.

The more Conor fights against legit opposition, the more he'd lose and the less he'd be worth.
So less is more for Conors bank balance.

not sure who you think he'd lose to...he'd ko both tony and justin in under 2 rounds....easily....they would probably be his easiest fights.

and also winning 2 world titles, setting all mma ppv records....

And when you’re old and grey. Will you still care about his ppv records? Will you have by then realized he’s the biggest scam in combat sports history? Will you still make the ridiculous arguments of a casual of the highest degree?

I like watching McGregor fight, so naturally I'd prefer he fight more often. I enjoy cards far more ever since I lowered my expectations.

Back