Isn't it shocking that WMMA improved this quickly

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whole sherdog thought Ronda will retire undefeated and she's head above entire division. Now she's not even top 5 anymore.

To be fair, if she fixes her mental issues and comes back, she'd easily be top 5. But I agree the competition in the division has surged big time in the last year or so.

Sherdog at it's finest.

Which is more likely:

A) WBW has evolved impossibly fast in the past 10 months

B) Ronda had one off night.

Sherdog: A! A! A! A!

She got one thing in common with Jon.

Still #1

motherfuckers

I agree. Women's bantamweight is really interesting now, with Pena, Holm, Shevchenko, Nunes, and Miesha in the mix at the top. Ronda is in it too, when she comes back. On top of all that, women's strawweight is awesome. Joanna Champion is the most dominant champ we have right now, in my opinion, especially if you exclude Jones due to his legal troubles.

WMMA has improved? ROFL

How'd you come to that shocking conclusion TS?

More like, that tripe is being shoved down our throats.

I honestly feel it's in the realm of possibility for Ronda to return and be on top again, but that's if she comes back, which is seeming more and more unlikely by the day.

WMMA has improved? ROFL

This

There are about 5 1/2 WMMA fighters that aren't terrible and when one emerges it's a landmark day.

A documentary should be made about how the UFC brilliantly conned its audience into caring about women's fights. Every other sport besides tennis is probably trying to work out how it was done.

I think Holm is Ronda's kryptonite. She can beat the rest and even beat Holm if she adjusts her game plan a little. Whether she comes back or not is a different story.

I agree. Women's bantamweight is really interesting now, with Pena, Holm, Shevchenko, Nunes, and Miesha in the mix at the top. Ronda is in it too, when she comes back. On top of all that, women's strawweight is awesome. Joanna Champion is the most dominant champ we have right now, in my opinion, especially if you exclude Jones due to his legal troubles.
Joanna is not more dominant then Mighty mouse

WMMA has improved? ROFL

No matter what WNBA won't get as big as WMMA. WMMA has skill and add to that sex appeal. That's a big factor. Don't you like hot women grapple? It's like watching contortion.

If you have meisha ahead of Ronda you're out of your mind.

Everyone in the top 5 including holly would beat miesha at least 7/10 times

If Ronda has kept up her training at all, and you don't think she'd be top 5 at WBW on her return, uh...

Joanna Champion is the most dominant champ we have right now, in my opinion, especially if you exclude Jones due to his legal troubles.

dj-crop.jpg

Sherdog at it's finest.

Which is more likely:

A) WBW has evolved impossibly fast in the past 10 months

B) Ronda had one off night.

Sherdog: A! A! A! A!
Neither.
WMMA is still generally very bad technically speaking, and Ronda lost because she can't strike her way out of a wet paper bag, and got boxed the fuck up, and then kicked in the head.

Back