Isn't it ridiculous that Okami is cut and Munoz is still here?

MMABr

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
sorry guys I just had to get that out... I don't understand teh UFC sometimes.

I still feel bad for Yushin. He would beat many of the current UFC top 10 fighters (I mean, just take a look at the rankings, really) and seeing today how easily Gegard handled Munoz's wrestling brought back memories of how Okami did it as well.

I mean, the guy is better than Mark everywhere yet we see the latter being gifted main event spots and still ranked hilariously high.

oh well.
/rant.

Munoz either dies or kills in fights. Okami either dies or does nothing.

Okami manhandled so many opponents and just kept controlling them, UFC hates that. He was manhandling Belcher on the ground, but I don't really remember if he even threw a strike.

Okami being cut has nothing to do with Munoz.

Munoz is like the Bader or Carmouche of MW. He's there to beat up jobbers thus making him seem top tier then lose to actual top tiers to build them up.

Seems like they forgot to give him some jobbers though.

Munoz is a valuable contender builder.

Okami manhandled so many opponents and just kept controlling them, UFC hates that. He was manhandling Belcher on the ground, but I don't really remember if he even threw a strike.

he did attempt subs but Belcher's ground game is legit. I thought that win was impressive. Alan was riding a lot of hype.

I have no interest in watching Okami fight. I don't have much interest in watching Munoz either but at least he either wins or goes out on his shield.

If this thread is trying to say "cut Munoz," I don't disagree. If it's trying to say "bring Okami back," I'll disagree when I finish laughing.

it's just very ironic.

Why is it ironic? Cuts happen on a case by case basis for a variety of reasons. People on Sherdog think the only justifiable reason to cut someone is if they are the absolute worst fighter on the roster or something.

Very ridiculous Okami is not in the UFC. Maybe he will be back though and the cut motivates him more.

This isn't true considering they have about the same finishing percentage.

Bad thread and I disagree

what did I say in the OP isn't true? Okami >>>> Munoz.

whatever, I guess. Let Mark keep getting pummeled in the best fighting organization in the world....

Its not like dana had two pictures, one of munoz and one of okami and decided to cut okami instead, theres more than just that. But i agree Okami is a far better fighter and more worthy of UFC standing.

not very often do guys get cut immediately after their fight.... usually its a matter of hours or even days :icon_neut

Back