Isn't it kind of grimmy how the financial struggles of UFC fighters is put on display?

They get paid too much you goof
dana-white-twitter.jpg

People act like Dana doesn’t have bills too, don’t ya think he deserves money himself?

What makes Dana, a white supremacist?
Have I missed something or is just the usual BS.

I wonder if he knows about the man in the picture behind him famously giving a speech at a KKK meeting agreeing with them.

Did he really say Dana White is a staunch supporter of white supremacy?
<Huh2>
Isn’t that the #1 requirement of being a Trump supporter?

Anyways, Andrew Yang is about to lay the smackdown on Vince and Dana!! OooH yOu DiDnT KnoOwWWW?!?!
<4><VinceShock><31>

Last edited:
So you’re against having the Ali Act in MMA?
He is all over the place talking about Unions in MMA and pro wrestling just for publicity and there is a big chance biden won’t put him in his administration or at least put him ahead of labor employment,so why does he talk so much? And the crazy part you see a lot of fans of these two saying yang is coming for your ass to dana and vince bla bla
That’s what is annoying for me

Andrew Yang is coming for dat azz.

RIP to Vince McMahon and Dana White's business models.

Dana is probably glad with the recent heat wwe is drawing over telling their performers to close their twitch and third party platforms or to hand control and pay out from them over. Lot of pissed off parties about how bad they over stepped the independent contractors label. Yang is absolutely going after them for it

Last edited:
It's always tasteless to talk about your financial situation in public. Occasionally things in bad taste do make for good TV. Conor yelling about "60 G's Baby!" was compelling when it happened. It was a struggling fighter who had arrived.

As for compensation, if the fighters deserve more they should negotiate for it. There have been a few attempts at organizing for collective bargaining in recent years and the fighters have resoundingly agreed they aren't willing to rock the boat or pay the costs to secure collective bargaining. Perhaps in the future they'll change their minds about that and secure a better negotiating position.

Also, this country has a problem with people not taking responsibility for their actions 95% of income inequality boils down to people making bad decisions. If you know fighting doesn't pay well and you choose to become infighter that's own you, not on Dana, not on the UFC.
<Prem973>
You’re doing exactly what he’s talking about. Instead of realizing the industry is broken, you blame the fighters for being poor. Your best advice is for them to not enter a multi billion dollar company that for some reason is paying peanuts

I honestly think it’s most vile, the gyms, trainers, nutritionists and on down the line to the promotion who’s the worst offenders suck all they can out of the fighters and sponsors... it’s really despicable

Mike Perry is onto something here, although he’s sacrificing his personal growth as a Mixed Martial Artist, can you blame him?

He is all over the place talking about Unions in MMA and pro wrestling just for publicity and there is a big chance biden won’t put him in his administration or at least put him ahead of labor employment,so why does he talk so much? And the crazy part you see a lot of fans of these two saying yang is coming for your ass to dana and vince bla bla
That’s what is annoying for me

Oh it’s true. It’s DAMN true!!

There needs to be a yearly minimum salary for guys based upon how many fights they have. Say 50k minimum, 75k if you do two fights and 100k if you fight three times. Add in some mandatory appearances promoting the UFC/Reebok/Monster in their home town and make fighting a livable career for them.

I wonder how much better the fights would be if 85% of the roster didn't have a second job.

They should also put a few dollars into a 401k for each fighter every time they fight.

Did he really say Dana White is a staunch supporter of white supremacy?
<Huh2>

Yeah, that claim could really use a source.

Also, in the midst of a pandemic, and the ensuing economic collapse, I'm pretty lukewarm on the idea that the Ali act is going to jump to the top of Biden's to do list. Saving the 600 fighters currently under UFC contract from medicore agreements probably shouldn't be the top priority right now.

It's distasteful to have Dana baiting his fighters with money. But since when has Dana given 2 shits about what anyone thinks, fighters included?

Like how in TUF Season 26, Dana had Justin and Eddie race for fucking 800 meters for 10g's.
I know it's a challenge that's part of a reality show but still, even making that a thing and having your LW champion swim for 10 grand sounds like some authoritarian shit.

... or how fighters beg on national TV or ppv for a bonus or say shit like "I can finally quit my part time job"

Idk, maybe I'm just overreacting but to me it's distasteful to have UFC fighters financial struggles be displayed constantly and it really makes the sport look bush league.

What do you think?

UFC is gross. It's millimetres away from dana being like "Yo dude which one of you guys would lick Mark Hunts jockstrap for 50 bucks"

Back