Isn't Cerrone the perfect stylistic match-up for Conor?

That's what everybody is saying... Last time Conor was this heavily favored was the first Diaz fight... Diaz on the other hand was actually a bad matchup though and people just didn't see it.

diaz is alot bigger

He is not a beasty wrestler, no outstanding background. Just an MMA guy....

What is the line of thinking in the MMA community? Won't this just be a routine win for Conor like against Alvarez?
As far as what’s everyone thinking... have you not read the 50+ Conor threads posted an hour and countless articles.
73AAD1F1-35D2-447C-9A4A-2BE432D9F94D.gif

Last edited:
I'm a Cowboy fan but there's a reason Conor took this fight at this point. Because Conor desperately needs a flashy, but very winnable fight for himself right now.

Prime Cowboy vs Conor would've been interesting. But tonight this is just about getting Conor back in the win column. And judging by their pre fight conference, Cowboy realizes this.

If cowboy were to KO Conrad with a headkick in the first round, would that be on par with Holly Holm sending Ronda into depression?
No wouldn't even be close.

Last time Connor won a fight Barack Obama was still in office, him losing present day at 170lb with the mystic gone + his hard lifestyle isn't all that shocking

I'm a Cowboy fan but there's a reason Conor took this fight at this point. Because Conor desperately needs a flashy, but very winnable fight for himself right now.

Prime Cowboy vs Conor would've been interesting. But tonight this is just about getting Conor back in the win column. And judging by their pre fight conference, Cowboy realizes this.

Isn't it good the fans to have two guys slugging it out? Instead of a wrestler spoiling everything in 30 seconds?

Just glancing Cerrones record. He lost to every big name he faced?

Isn't it good the fans to have two guys slugging it out? Instead of a wrestler spoiling everything in 30 seconds?

It is! For sure!

I'm just saying there's reasons why Conor (at this point) took THIS particular fight.

I'd say Gaethje is an even better style matchup, no real size advantage and never uses offensive grappling of any kind.

Other than his awesome leg kicks he would literally have a boxing match with Conor, whereas Cowboy has a size advantage, has a very diverse striking game, and regularly uses takedowns while also having a solid ground game.

But everyone 100% writing Cowboy off like this means he will win or at least come close, the MMA gods demand it in these situations.

You mean perfect for Cerrone to lose. Starts slow, hates pressure, and just wants to bang regardless of attempting to dominate his opponent where he is weaker. And Conor starts fast, thrives on pressure, and lulls his opponents into baiting and striking where he can counter and is strongest. We all know that Cerrone is predictable and stubborn and this is likely what will lead to his KO in this match. Yes perfect stylistic match up for Conor to win.
I'd hate to agree with you but it's true. If cowboy used his brains he could beat conor using 3 ways, ground game first, gas him out and then striking game in the later rounds.

He wanted a fight at WW
Cerrone was the best option
On a losing streak
4-6 in his last 10 fights
Can be finishes, he has been finished 4 times in his last 10 fights
What better option did he have?
Jorge is too dangerous, top boxing for MMA, top chin and recovery, better cardio, KO power
RDA could have been a replacement for Cowboy
Diaz 3

Conor has that mighty KO power at FW and LW; at WW he just has average punch power. If Cerrone manage to stay calm and clinch with Conor the first 10 minutes, I can see Conor tapping again.
After saying that, I think Cowboy is still the underdog.

Lol @ Conorstans pumping up old man Cerrone

I'd say Gaethje is an even better style matchup, no real size advantage and never uses offensive grappling of any kind.

Other than his awesome leg kicks he would literally have a boxing match with Conor, whereas Cowboy has a size advantage, has a very diverse striking game, and regularly uses takedowns while also having a solid ground game.

But everyone 100% writing Cowboy off like this means he will win or at least come close, the MMA gods demand it in these situations.

Agree about Gaetjhe and his iq is even lower than cowboy’s. I think an interesting fight would have been Kevin Lee. Average chin but posed a grappling threat.

I would love to see Cowboy sleep Conor with a shin to the dome but I don’t see it happening

I feel Cerrone might be dangerous though. He is bigger after all...

Back