Islamic State/Iraq Thread v3: The Caliphate Reaches Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following up to the news yesterday regarding Islamic State attack on the 2nd biggest town in Borno, Islamic State troops fought for several hours against Nigerian army. Using a light infantry tank as the spearhead, Islamic State soldiers broke through town barricades and 400 soldiers rushed in a frontal assault to over run Nigerian soldiers.

Heavy house to house combat continued for much of the afternoon, however after a Nigerian air strike which friendly fire killed the commanding staff of the Nigerian ground command in the town, Nigerian soldiers were forced to fled and by dawn the Islamic State flag was raised over government buildings.

Because of the strategic armory of the Nigerian army in the town, Islamic State soldier managed to capture rifles and other military hardware numbering in the ten thousands which is a great boost to current equipment for the Islamic State army in Africa.

Live report from Deir El Zour. A senior Syrian Army commander from the Republican Guard unit has retreated from Deir El-Zour with the entire contingent of the Republican Guards. Deir El Zour defenses is now at half strength due to the Republican Guard retreat. Islamic State soldiers have begun an artillery barrage against Syrian army units.

They arent massivley opressed in pakistan
In bahrain and SA there isnt the possibility of going on murderous rampages...you need weapons and no massive goverment security apparatus to do that.

they are frequently murdered by their sunni friends - who naturally are only expressing their mistreatment by the pakistani government.

I've just pointed out two examples of the shia's being subjugated and oppressed, and not going on a murderous rampage; and you dismiss it by saying they lack the capability to do so. Instead, you should be saying "hold on a minute - maybe he's got a point: we have politically disenfranchised shia not slaughtering people like cattle. By Jove, I look like a retard arguing otherwise".

Oh noes, Maliki is helping a fellow Shiite regime against his Sunnis nemesis. What a surprise! That's reason enough to slaughter Christians, Kurds, Yazidis, and Turkmen. Clearly I can see the strong connection there between fighting Maliki and the need to wipe out groups like that. You can't rebel without slaughtering minorities.

He won't answer this question despite it being posed to him a hundred times.

It's either low level violence or the fault of maliki.

The fact of the matter is that Iraq is gone. There is only ISIS, western Iran and Kurdistan left. Now your Sunnis don't have to suffer anymore under Shiite governments do you? Feel free to slaughter and behead anyone not Sunni too. I'm sure the world will forget that soon. Oh don't ask for any oil revenue or government post in Baghdad.

One part of me hopes for a political solution that could stop the bloodshed.

The other part is saying let the sunni's stew in their own mess. Do an Israel to them. Seal them off in the barren north, and let them enjoy sand and IS. Build up a formidable air force and artillery. Cut off the oil money coming from the south and build a society where people can live without the threat of sunni extremists trying to kill them just for being a different religion.

- So there wasnt any violence comming the other way then? both sides commited attrocities before malaki agasint each other and both sides killed western troops
This however is full scale rebellion

More of an extension.

They saw the atrocities committed by ISIS in Syria, and thought they'd like a piece of that pie. They thought they could get away with it, and they nearly did until the pushback.

-Hardcore followers of ISIS are killing those people , we arent discussing the hardcore followers nor have we been and you know that
We are discussing the thousands of sunnis who fight alongside them

As already proven in posted articles a) sunni's are hardcore ISIS; and b) sunni's are killing those people. We know that; the yazidi's know that; the turkmen know it; the unfortunate soldiers of the iraqi army in mosul discovered that; the kurds know it; the christians know that. The only person who doesn't know that it you - deluded and wilfully ignorant.

I've left out the shia because - apparently - crimes against them don't register with you. If you think joining ISIS was a legitimate reaction for sunni's in face of maliki; then I shudder to think what reaction would you think the shia could come to in face of sunni aggression.

-The shias and kurds are the ones reaching out to them ...this was literaly made possible by shia politicans and kurdish disgust of malaki, they probably have a little more insight in the people they are dealing with than you and they trust them

lol, they are reaching out to them because the US is applying huge pressure on them, and is tying further military support to agreeing a deal with the sunni's.

Would you trust someone who believes you're sub-human and has actively tried to kill your kin, if not succeeded in doing so?

You don't understand the human condition if you think they trust the sunni's right now. They are still scarred from the time of Saddam, and this won't enhance "understanding" between Shia and Sunni's. Funnily enough, genocide burns deep and permeates a peoples consciousness.

I actually wonder how viable a political agreement is even if it was struck. I can see the kurds and shia dead-set on having their own independent states. Any political crisis will be exploited to bring that about. And no doubt there'll be a very influential bloc demanding separation.

-Feels like we're going round in circles on this I seem to to be the only one admitting both sides inflicted horrors on the other and both sides have their extemists who'l never be happy

You're the only one in this thread who defends the actions of sunni's who support ISIS. You then try the "they're just as bad as each other" ruse - when they're clearly not. A notable example would be shia militia's fighting with peshmerga troops to free besieged turkmen by genocidal sunni's. This while sunni's continue supporting IS while they use it to gain political advantages. That's basically the definition of terrorism.

-ISIS are genocidal butn they are well armed/funded and have large numbers of fanatical troops , the local sunnis who arent ISIS took their help knowing their was strings attached but from their perspective it was better than watching what malaki was doing in iraq and assisting in syria. Lets not forget what many of those shia militas fighting ISIS were assisting in syria not too long ago was just as bad as isis.

"took their help" - you really are mad

The shia militia's fighting in Syria were never as bad as ISIS. Again, you try this trick of trying to associate the two. Even if you think what Assad is doing is wrong, they go there and fight as soldiers. They're not beheading and crucifying.

- No one cares if they unite of hld hands singing , its the military advantages this alliance brings to the table in hurting isis and ending them faster.

These sunni's are ISIS for all intents and purposes. The advantage gained is that - again - their genocidal urges will be bought off for a while. Then, when they don't get what they want, they will start their campaign of violence - as they've done again, again and again. That's their track record in Iraq.

I would never turn my back on them. And if I was shia I'd never put shia's under the control of a sunni commander - see Mosul.

Islamic State forces in Iraq have launched a strike force to recapture Mosul Dam. Attack column includes 5 Islamic Humvees, 3 armored vehicles, and nearly a dozen gun trucks with 1 heavy anti air machine gun.

Good....the more they come out into the open the easier they are to kill.

I hope ISIS throw the kitchen sink at Mosul Dam. I'd love to see them lose a lot of their heavy kit there.

Good....the more they come out into the open the easier they are to kill.

I hope ISIS throw the kitchen sink at Mosul Dam. I'd love to see them lose a lot of their heavy kit there.
The US should tell forces in Iraq to gather in one area, get ISIS to fight them there, have said forces turn around and leave and then have the US bomb ISIS

Islamic State forces in Iraq have launched a strike force to recapture Mosul Dam. Attack column includes 5 Islamic Humvees, 3 armored vehicles, and nearly a dozen gun trucks with 1 heavy anti air machine gun.
That's cute. They're all going to die though.

Hmmm.....that sounds like a pretty small counter attack. Mosul Dam is very important for American interests and the air force will be damn sure to protect it. If the equipment and numbers that ISIS is throwing to try to reclaim the dam is correct then they have no chance. It will be target practice with air strikes.

Is liquidshit the sanctioned twitter feed for ISIS? Also, Muhammed sucks jinn **** in hell.

they are frequently murdered by their sunni friends - who naturally are only expressing their mistreatment by the pakistani government.

I've just pointed out two examples of the shia's being subjugated and oppressed, and not going on a murderous rampage; and you dismiss it by saying they lack the capability to do so. Instead, you should be saying "hold on a minute - maybe he's got a point: we have politically disenfranchised shia not slaughtering people like cattle. By Jove, I look like a retard arguing otherwise".

they are targeted by extremists 400 killed out of 17 million last year but not in anyway systematicaly supressed by the goverment

As opposed to looking really smart for thinking theres a global 'sunni agenda' right ? :icon_lol: cause you look really smart with that goebbels b.s

-He won't answer this question despite it being posed to him a hundred times.
It's either low level violence or the fault of maliki.

-One part of me hopes for a political solution that could stop the bloodshed.
The other part is saying let the sunni's stew in their own mess. Do an Israel to them. Seal them off in the barren north, and let them enjoy sand and IS. Build up a formidable air force and artillery. Cut off the oil money coming from the south and build a society where people can live without the threat of sunni extremists trying to kill them just for being a different religion.

- You mean the question where we pretend the sunni tribes etc we are talking to are the same as isis but also ( by definition of them talking about betraying them) not isis right?

-Cool you got a few billion to pay for all that?

Like someone else said, that's a surprisingly small force. I wonder what would make them think that they'd have any better luck against a larger force backed by US Navy jets.

-More of an extension.
They saw the atrocities committed by ISIS in Syria, and thought they'd like a piece of that pie. They thought they could get away with it, and they nearly did until the pushback.

-As already proven in posted articles a) sunni's are hardcore ISIS; and b) sunni's are killing those people. We know that; the yazidi's know that; the turkmen know it; the unfortunate soldiers of the iraqi army in mosul discovered that; the kurds know it; the christians know that. The only person who doesn't know that it you - deluded and wilfully ignorant.
I've left out the shia because - apparently - crimes against them don't register with you. If you think joining ISIS was a legitimate reaction for sunni's in face of maliki; then I shudder to think what reaction would you think the shia could come to in face of sunni aggression.

-lol, they are reaching out to them because the US is applying huge pressure on them, and is tying further military support to agreeing a deal with the sunni's.
Would you trust someone who believes you're sub-human and has actively tried to kill your kin, if not succeeded in doing so?
You don't understand the human condition if you think they trust the sunni's right now. They are still scarred from the time of Saddam, and this won't enhance "understanding" between Shia and Sunni's. Funnily enough, genocide burns deep and permeates a peoples consciousness.
I actually wonder how viable a political agreement is even if it was struck. I can see the kurds and shia dead-set on having their own independent states. Any political crisis will be exploited to bring that about. And no doubt there'll be a very influential bloc demanding separation.

- Yes no doubt while twirling mustaches , stroking white cats and cackling wickedly

-Yes ISIS is an extremist sunni group ...we arent talking about dealing with them , its those allied with them , if you dont understand the difference thats ok the iraqis do
Malki was working with assad whos equaly as bad as isis

-They were more than happy to talk to them you forget many shia were uncomfortable with the previous regieme and the kurds hated it. They know at a bare minimum the military advantages this deal poses are too good to resist

Like someone else said, that's a surprisingly small force. I wonder what would make them think that they'd have any better luck against a larger force backed by US Navy jets.

Maybe it's some eager martyrs who will also have the benefit of testing the kudish/iraqi defenses before the real counter begins? Or they're just delusional.

-You're the only one in this thread who defends the actions of sunni's who support ISIS. You then try the "they're just as bad as each other" ruse - when they're clearly not.
A notable example would be shia militia's fighting with peshmerga troops to free besieged turkmen by genocidal sunni's. This while sunni's continue supporting IS while they use it to gain political advantages. That's basically the definition of terrorism.

-"took their help" - you really are mad
The shia militia's fighting in Syria were never as bad as ISIS. Again, you try this trick of trying to associate the two. Even if you think what Assad is doing is wrong, they go there and fight as soldiers. They're not beheading and crucifying.

-These sunni's are ISIS for all intents and purposes. The advantage gained is that - again - their genocidal urges will be bought off for a while. Then, when they don't get what they want, they will start their campaign of violence - as they've done again, again and again. That's their track record in Iraq.
I would never turn my back on them. And if I was shia I'd never put shia's under the control of a sunni commander - see Mosul.

- Im not the one pretending this didnt arise from something other than billon or so people all having an 'evil agenda' , its like saying the germans all to a man were dying to exterminate jews the nazis just gave them an outlet

- Yes they took their help instead of kicking them out...like they did to a lot of the same guys before

-You have just shattered your own argument
If helping ISIS even if you dont take part in massacres makes you unforgivably evil
by the same logic shia militas who were down fighting for assad (at this stage as bad as ISIS ) wouldnt be equaly unforgivable

-Well the shia and kurds who have to do the actual fighting and live with the sunni tribesmen etc seem to see it very differently

One of the several forces heading towards Deir El Zour to reinforce current Islamic State forces in the siege on Syrian Army. Currently Islamic State is streamlining thousands of Islamic State mujahidins towards Deir El Zour in a final push to capture the military air base. Several brigades and battalions are reinforcing via major highways during day light operations.

Current estimates puts Islamic State forces in the immediate area at a maximum numerical advantage with over 8000 Islamic State soldiers working in operations to besiege the remaining 900 Syrian soldiers.

The Islamic State is also fielding the largest heavy main battle tank army to date with over 20 heavy main battle tanks in operations against Syrian army in Deir El Zour!!! Combined with over 100 artillery and mortar pieces as well as hundreds of anti air cannons and gun trucks, this time there is no escape for the Syrian Army from Deir El Zour.

On the northern front, despite American air strikes, Islamic State army continues military parades with show of strength in armored vehicles.

Last edited:
Because God wants people to strive/struggle/Jihad. If God would just stop hearts of enemies of the one true faith, there would be no Jihad/Struggle.

well, he could kill some of them by stopping their heart, and leave the rest, so his crazy mother fuckers followers could keep on jidihing....

We have people in the first world, well educated, who comment that natural disasters are (whatever) god's (they worship) wrath for everything from foreign policy to 'the gays, which is (to me, from the outside) COMPLETELY reasonable.

If you believe that your G/god(s) is/are real, and that the record of your faith is true, and that your G/god(s) is/are capable of doing such things and 100% have done so in the past (in the form of floods, turnng water to blood, killing children, destroying cities, turning people into pillars of salt, hitting them with lightning, whatever) in similar circumstances for similar reasons, why would you not believe it could (and would/will) happen again?

you have a point, everyone believing in some kind of god is a mongoloid, that being muslim, christian jew etc etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back