Islamic State/Iraq Thread v3: The Caliphate Reaches Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thanks to my fellow Sherdoggers who have put in work for these threads. I get better info here than I do on any other news site.

How will the 'Milan' ATGM fare against IS MBTs?

the missile can avoid most countermeasures (flares and chaff). the trade off it short range and a damn good missle. And against the tanks in that region ? man they'd toast the bastards

im gonna guess its the MILAN ER which has the range extended

the missile can avoid most countermeasures (flares and chaff). the trade off it short range and a damn good missle. And against the tanks in that region ? man they'd toast the bastards

im gonna guess its the MILAN ER which has the range extended

Thanks for the info. Good news.

german supplies for kurds arrive
8000 Assault Rifles G3
8000 G36 Assault Rifles
40 MG3 machine guns
8000 pistols P1
30 "Milan" -ATGM with 500 missiles
200 rocket-propelled grenades (type "three") http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3
40 heavy bazookas
10,000 hand grenades
100 signal pistols

italy government said they will send weapons confiscated to russian mafia (from alexander zhukov) in 1994, which has:

30,000 Kalashinokov rifles
400 AT 4 Spigot missiles
10,008 PG 7/9 antitank rockets
1,934,400 12,7mm bullets
1,941,836 7,62mm bullets
1,017,338 11,5mm bullets
5,061 trunks of 121mm rockets (don't know the exact number)

curds are having many weapons by many countries, too many in my opinion.
they said that iraqi government is trying to block those weapons, and that iran was the first country to give them arms.

-I don't see anything wrong with that sentence.
Even if they negotiate the central government should know exactly who they're dealing with.

-and likewise if you think sunni's are angels who never did a bad deed to anyone.
I'm just saying they are not rebelling in a way that one would normally expect. They are joining a genocidal death cult.

-They are killing shia, kurds, christians, yazidi's etc. You still fail to account for that. If their grievances are against the central government, then why are they murdering kurds?

Oh please.
You want to talk about cranking up the violence you should pay attention to the relentless terrorism that the sunni's brought about before and after maliki. You still fail to account for that, and you whitewash sunni terrorism as "low level violence"; as though relentless car bombings were just every day punch ups.
I just have little sympathy for them after that. So they're under-represented - boo hoo. They should count themselves lucky that they weren't kurdish or shia during Saddam's time.

-They are interchangeable depending on who's paying them.
If they are using ISIS terror as a bargaining chip then they are ISIS, and should be treated as such.

and of course you're privvy to the negotiations :icon_lol:
As with any negotiation there will be back and forth. As the sunni's are not in a strong bargaining position I very much doubt they will get as much as they want.

-It's the sunni's problem. Let them fight them. They invited them in.
Why should southerners and other minorities lose their young men in northern hell holes because sunni's want to join Al Qaeda one minute and then ISIS the next.

-I'm not privvy to the negotiations - which is why I qualified my post with "apparently".

-They know exactly who they are dealing thats why they are talking

-Yes no one in history has ever sided with evil shitbags to fight other evil shitbags , the iraqi sunnis invented the idea :rolleyes:

-ISIS are murdering them ...we arent talking about the isis hardcore and never have been ...again its a weak strawman that you keep returning to

-I have never denied that there was sectarian violence going on (low level term used as opposed to current scale)
Howver malaki turned that into a full scale rebellion with his actions all in an obvious bid to take more and more power for himself
The rebels as wwith any conflict looked for help and opened the door for isis

-So you are in one part acknowldging they are not all the same yet saying they should be treated the same , people rebelling agaisnt a goverment that machine gunned down unarmed people are the EXACT same as nutcase beheaders now?

-Never said i was
They are in strong bargaining position ...any fool can see we need them to break this thing and fast

-Yeah theres no way leaving IS there could negatively affect the shia or kurds :rolleyes: At this stage im wondering if you are trolling ,everyone can see the military advantages in ridding the world of isis this deal with the sunnis brings to the table.

-in other words u pulled it from your ass :icon_lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29003321
Yep the siege is broken , sunni tribes and ex military who fight alongside ISIS are as predicted planning to turn their guns on IS now malaki is gone and the political situation is changing ...things arent going well for the caliphate

You know, the Sunnis are pretty awful here. Really, ideally any who fought alongside them, should be tried for war crimes. Sad that these people flip flop as much as they do. I hope the Sunni tribes keep fighting for IS, and die

-They know exactly who they are dealing thats why they are talking

As long as they are aware that they are dealing with treacherous scumbags that should guide any agreement.

-Yes no one in history has ever sided with evil shitbags to fight other evil shitbags , the iraqi sunnis invented the idea :rolleyes:

This false moral equivalence of ISIS and the Iraqi central government is both disingenuous and deep disturbing.

I assume you think the kurds, christians and yazidi's are evil?

-ISIS are murdering them ...we arent talking about the isis hardcore and never have been ...again its a weak strawman that you keep returning to

It's not a strawman as the yazidi's can attest to.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...tors-with-isis-could-be-its-big-weakness.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/27/w...dis-kurds-sunni-arabs.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

-I have never denied that there was sectarian violence going on (low level term used as opposed to current scale)

Howver malaki turned that into a full scale rebellion with his actions all in an obvious bid to take more and more power for himself
The rebels as wwith any conflict looked for help and opened the door for isis

Again it was never low level violence. It was high level violence that precipitated the violent reaction towards the sunni's. They harboured and abetted the same people who ultimately created their own miserable situation.

-So you are in one part acknowldging they are not all the same yet saying they should be treated the same , people rebelling agaisnt a goverment that machine gunned down unarmed people are the EXACT same as nutcase beheaders now?

Yeah, focus on that as opposed to the relentless car bombing of shia civilians.

As repeatedly clarified: they've never accepted their new elected government. They've been "rebelling" before and after such incidents. They've been skilling shia and kurds during saddam, before maliki, during maliki and after.

-Never said i was
They are in strong bargaining position ...any fool can see we need them to break this thing and fast

lol....they are not in a strong bargaining position. Far from it. They can't even control the situation; and we've seen how well rebellious tribes have faired in Syria.

-Yeah theres no way leaving IS there could negatively affect the shia or kurds :rolleyes: At this stage im wondering if you are trolling ,everyone can see the military advantages in ridding the world of isis this deal with the sunnis brings to the table.

I'm all for fighting IS - from the air.
The sunni's should be responsible for fighting them on the ground.

I'm just open to the idea of fortifying the south and kurdish areas while letting the sunni's stew in their own mess for a while. Again, my sympathy for their plight has been largely exhausted by their wanton murder and destruction.

-in other words u pulled it from your ass :icon_lol:

It's all over twitter if you are following the political process. Obviously it's know the ins and outs of a delicate negotiation. We can only follow the leaks. Twitter is an excellent source for that.

Last edited:
Cnn reported that close to 150 air strikes were performed by the U.S. yesterday alone. Looks like engagement is starting to ramp up.
Holy shit, seriously? I don't think there had even been 150 total strikes up until that point. Was that mainly in support of the relief of Amerli?

So then should they have rebelled and refused isis manpower, weapons and experience?
Heres an exellent recent article on the subject
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/22/syria-iraq-incubators-isis-jihad

That article just blames Assad, the new Shiite dominated Government of Iraq. Is it a well established fact Syria has actively aiding Al Qaeda in Iraq or were they just indifferent to them using Syria as a safe zone? Why isn't Pakistan dealing with a revolution or is it just a matter of time?

So then should they have rebelled and refused isis manpower, weapons and experience?
Heres an exellent recent article on the subject
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/22/syria-iraq-incubators-isis-jihad
LOL what a one-sided article. I can only assume the writer Ali Khedery is a Sunni himself writing that garbage. He got it wrong in the very first sentence, that ISIS did not exist. ISIS exited as ISI and AQI before that. Using terms like "Shia Islamist Axis" and "Sunni Arab revolutionaries" don't score you points on objectivity. The entire piece didn't mention that Sunnis were car bombing Shiite areas several times a week before Maliki ever formed a government. The article is a joke and so is anyone buying this.

-As long as they are aware that they are dealing with treacherous scumbags that should guide any agreement.

-This false moral equivalence of ISIS and the Iraqi central government is both disingenuous and deep disturbing.

-I assume you think the kurds, christians and yazidi's are evil?
It's not a strawman as the yazidi's can attest to.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...tors-with-isis-could-be-its-big-weakness.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/27/w...dis-kurds-sunni-arabs.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0

-Again it was never low level violence. It was high level violence that precipitated the violent reaction towards the sunni's. They harboured and abetted the same people who ultimately created their own miserable situation.

-Yeah, focus on that as opposed to the relentless car bombing of shia civilians.
As repeatedly clarified: they've never accepted their new elected government. They've been "rebelling" before and after such incidents. They've been skilling shia and kurds during saddam, before maliki, during maliki and after.

-lol....they are not in a strong bargaining position. Far from it. They can't even control the situation; and we've seen how well rebellious tribes have faired in Syria.

-I'm all for fighting IS - from the air.
The sunni's should be responsible for fighting them on the ground.
I'm just open to the idea of fortifying the south and kurdish areas while letting the sunni's stew in their own mess for a while. Again, my sympathy for their plight has been largely exhausted by their wanton murder and destruction.

-It's all over twitter if you are following the political process. Obviously it's know the ins and outs of a delicate negotiation. We can only follow the leaks. Twitter is an excellent source for that.

- Yeah threacherous lol they had no good reasons to be rebelling in the first place
I dont know what HRW were getting their knickers in a twist over :rolleyes:

- Tyranny is tyranny , religious tyrants arent worse or better than the 'strongman' type moral wise

-Nope nor have i said they werent iraqis joining ISIS heart body and soul , but we havent been talking about them have we? (and for the 3rd or 4th time its a weak strawman to pretend u didnt know that ) we have been talking about those who ally with them and are currently looking to end that partnership

-low level as opposed to a full blown civil war

-There was bombings and killings and raping etc pre malaki yes but his actions drove it from a few extremsits to tens of thousands in open warfare agaisnt him

-They are as the west and the shia and kurds all want this solved ASAP
That was one single tribe without any support at all...10-20k armed men will be a little different

-Thats an awful idea , if they turn on isis without our support and lose then isis goes on the offensive again and we missed a golden military and propaganda smashing oppertunity.

-So again u pulled that out of your ass or someone elses , common sense would have told you no one is gonna ask for such a specific %.

LOL what a one-sided article. I can only assume the writer Ali Khedery is a Sunni himself writing that garbage. He got it wrong in the very first sentence, that ISIS did not exist. ISIS exited as ISI and AQI before that. Using terms like "Shia Islamist Axis" and "Sunni Arab revolutionaries" don't score you points on objectivity. The entire piece didn't mention that Sunnis were car bombing Shiite areas several times a week before Maliki ever formed a government. The article is a joke and so is anyone buying this.

well thats like saying pride still exists due to some of the same people being there in the UFC
He didnt mention the bombings as both sides had their extremists, it was malakis fucking up (or deliberite power grab depending on your viewpoint) that cranked that up to 10 and drove tens of thousand of sunnis into open rebellion.

Last edited:
Yeah upon rereading it on a PC it looks pretty bad. Very unobjective and very pro sunni

That article just blames Assad, the new Shiite dominated Government of Iraq. Is it a well established fact Syria has actively aiding Al Qaeda in Iraq or were they just indifferent to them using Syria as a safe zone? Why isn't Pakistan dealing with a revolution or is it just a matter of time?

Yep repeated Dept of defence and other intel have well established syrian links to insurgents that killed western troops during the iraq campaign ..heres a sample of one DOD report from 2007

''Damascus appears unwilling to cooperate fully with the GOI [Government of Iraq] on bilateral security initiatives. Syria continues to provide safe haven, border transit, and limited logistical support to some Iraqi insurgents, especially former Saddam-era Iraqi Baath Party elements. Syria also permits former regime elements to engage in organizational activities, such that Syria has emerged as an important organizational and coordination hub for elements of the former Iraqi regime''
Many of those men he equipped to fight westerners in iraq he arrested on returning home..only to be relased years later to help his 'fighting terrorism' narrative , they form a lot of isis current leadership

Pakistan is dealing with a lot of its own complex problems

Last edited:
german supplies for kurds arrive
8000 Assault Rifles G3
8000 G36 Assault Rifles
40 MG3 machine guns
8000 pistols P1
30 "Milan" -ATGM with 500 missiles
200 rocket-propelled grenades (type "three") http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3
40 heavy bazookas
10,000 hand grenades
100 signal pistols

didnt know we still had G3s and P1s laying around somewhere :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back