News Islam Makhachev opens up as (-330) favourite vs Rafael Dos Anjos (+265)

I think Arman Tsarukyan can beat both Felder (who RDA beat) and 2020/2021 RDA.

Tsarukyan is top 10 LW material in my opinion

Tsarukyan did give Islam a lot of trouble in the grappling department, I think he took Islam down a few times that fight.

I find it strange that a year later, Dos Anjos' odds have improved while he's done nothing to impress, while Islam looked fantastic in his two fights.

I don't even know what these odds fully mean, but I see a lot of people find it interesting so I post them lol

I don't gamble.

Basically, with the odds being -330 Islam (favorite) and +265 RDA (underdog)

You would bet $100 on Islam to win $30.30

You would bet $100 on RDA to win $265

Those winnings are in addition to your betting money of $100

I find it strange that a year later, Dos Anjos' odds have improved while he's done nothing to impress, while Islam looked fantastic in his two fights.

The numbers are impacted by bets being placed.

The odds are also fluid and change as the bets come in in favor for one guy or another. Before Islam dropped out last time there may have been a lot of bets in him pushing him higher into the +. If they see a trend of one guy getting the lion share of the bets despite being the favorite they'll bump the odds more and more so each successive bet on them forward dosen't pay out as large if the betters notion ends up being right.

Islam will probably win, but if you are a betting man then there is zero value there

RDA is worth a flier because Islam is somewhat unproven still

Back