News Islam Makhachev is now #11 ranked LW

Ufc needs to start stripping guys of their rank if they refuse to fight. It is completely ridiculous at this point. If u lose a fight, it should be mandatory your next fight is someone behind you in the ranking
No thanks ....injuries happen and sometimes top guys aren’t available.....I agree something should be done ... but mandatory fighting someone below isn’t realistic imo

islam doesnt need a top 10 fight. he needs to fight another guy on the fringe thats done about the same as him--same could be said for at least 4 more matchups in this division
why not dober? thats a super fight

LOL, this shit is funny but accurate . I think I’ve only seen him fight once .
Lol, same here, I saw him fight once and he lost.
I just assume since he trains with Khabib that he has taken his whuppings for losing and is getting better, but honestly, I have no clue.

im upset that conor just isnt a fighter that i can like anymore. he never fights. the fights he has wanted are out of the question because of his bad decisions.
CONOR MCGREGOR CHOULD CALL OUT ISLAM.
1a it would keep the drama with khabib alive so it makes sense.
2a it would make sense bc of the season mcgregor talked about
islam is an easy match up maybe but at least he is young and and an up and comer

I dont have the link but in another thread someone posted some thing from social media about Felder and i guess he's "looking for the right fight". He admits to turning down raging Al and says he wants Poirier, Ferguson or Hooker rematch. So obviously he's not even considering fighting down the rankings with Islam. Not sure why he thinks he deserves top contenders for losing but whatever. I think Islam beats him.

Yeah, Conor hasn't had a win at Lightweight since 2016. He can fuck off i agree
Yeah, same here.
Conor needs to be pulled from the rankings every time he retires, otherwise the UFC is just acknowledging this is either a publicity stunt or a negotiating tactic (or both).

Felder is saavy in calling out people coming off a loss looking to cement their top 5 ranking against a named and ranked opponent who fights in a fan friendly style.
The problem comes in when there are dangerous prospects hovering right above the top 5 that can't get fights with the top 5, because they're too busy fighting each other in a circle to be bothered with the rest of the division. Not that I'm complaining about it, because that has produced some amazing fights, but I can see how fans of fighters who are in that boat are frustrated.

Let’s see Islam vs Oliveira. Might be the closest thing we will ever see to Khabib vs Ferguson. Islam’s top control and Olivera’s guard are both top tier, and it would make for an interesting fight.

I think a potentially good way of fixing the problem of people refusing to accept a fight with someone slightly lower ranked than them is to threaten to switch their spots in the rankings If they don’t accept

Back