Islam Makhachev champion

Will he break the top 5 without fighting a contender? That's what I want to know.

One of the best wrestlers in history? A guy who hasn't wrestled anyone in top 10 and is being touted as one of the greatest, okay?
Tsaryukan is a better wrestler than anyone in the LW top 10 outside of Islam. And Islam out wrestled him. Rankings don’t mean shit.

One of the best wrestlers in history? A guy who hasn't wrestled anyone in top 10 and is being touted as one of the greatest, okay?

I'll take Darren Till's word over yours

if he keeps fighting once every 7 years i dont see it

Tsaryukan is a better wrestler than anyone in the LW top 10 outside of Islam. And Islam out wrestled him. Rankings don’t mean shit.

Rankings don't mean shit? Having a high rank usually means you defeated the best of the best to get up there.

In order to get a high rank, you generally have to a climb a ladder and destroy a lot of people. It gets harder and harder as it goes higher.

Can you be the best in the world when you aren't high in the ranks? Sure, but it doesn't make it likely. You are more likely to be the best in the world when you are ranked high.

Islam has good wrestling but claiming Islam is one of the best wrestlers in UFC's history at this point is delusional. The guy who posted before me had the galls to compare Islam to people like Khabib, DC, GSP, and other all time greats. When he had a hard time wrestling Tsaryukan, sure Tsaryukan is a good wrestler, but you can't lay claim to being the GOAT of wrestling if you are having a hard time with him.

Rankings don't mean shit? Having a high rank usually means you defeated the best of the best to get up there.

In order to get a high rank, you generally have to a climb a ladder and destroy a lot of people. It gets harder and harder as it goes higher.

Can you be the best in the world when you aren't high in the ranks? Sure, but it doesn't make it likely. You are more likely to be the best in the world when you are ranked high.

Islam has good wrestling but claiming Islam is one of the best wrestlers in UFC's history at this point is delusional. The guy who posted before me had the galls to compare Islam to people like Khabib, DC, GSP, and other all time greats. When he had a hard time wrestling Tsaryukan, sure Tsaryukan is a good wrestler, but you can't lay claim to being the GOAT of wrestling if you are having a hard time with him.

Islam has one of the best mma wrestling in history.
Islam has beat Leon Edwards in training. It wasn't even competitive.:)

Islam has one of the best mma wrestling in history.
Islam has beat Leon Edwards in training. It wasn't even competitive.:)

Beating Edwards in training like it wasn't even competitive? I guess you were there to watch that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back