Media Islam Makhachaev still wants RDA

So the same logic aplies to Oliveira who you want to fight Dariush?
Its totally understandable that fighters on a winning streak call out Higher ranked guys. Makes sense for them.
Doesnt mean you have to agree to that perspective. And in the case of Islam i dont.

Oliveira got his higher ranked opponent in Kevin Lee.

CDF got his higher ranked opponent in Pettis.

This is why the above two are in the top 10. Islam hasn't yet gotten a top 10 opponent despite his win streak, so he should in his next fight.

After getting to the top 10, Oliveira signed to fight Dariush and CDF signed to fight Dober. Both opponents below top 10 (but ironically neither is fighting Islam lol). Then both CDF and Oliveira pulled out.

Yet you and other hypocrites are only posting about Islam

This is why the above two are in the top 10. Islam hasn't yet gotten a top 10 opponent despite his win streak, so he should in his next fight.

After getting to the top 10, Oliveira signed to fight Dariush and CDF signed to fight Dober. Both opponents below top 10 (but ironically neither is fighting Islam lol). Then both CDF and Oliveira pulled out.

Oliveira got his second wind and is close to a title shot

Even before that Do Bronx held wins over guys which are in themselves more relevant than Islams whole winning streak. I mean come on atleast use some context when you try to compare these different situations.
Pls let me know when Islam beats a fighter the caliber of even Jeremy Stephens.

Yeah man but Islam had all his group pushing for a fight. Ali, Khabib.. Everyone saying the division was ducking him and once again he gets a fight and what does he do? He pulls out. This is a pattern right here.

This, If I am in top 15 I wouldnt want to fight him for that reason alone. Opponents that constantly pull out are a waste of time and definitely money. Zabit has had the same problem with his opponent Yair who has pulled out 3 fucken times against him lol.

Either way Makhachev is gonna get exposed once he faces better guys

He'll fight either Felder or Hooker but they've both ducked him ready so he's not expecting that to change. RDA showed he was willing to fight Islam so its a callout that is more likely to unfold
RDA wants the belt, I doubt he's going to fight somebody behind him in the rankings now that he beat #7 ranked Felder.

RDA wants the belt, I doubt he's going to fight somebody behind him in the rankings now that he beat #7 ranked Felder.

Depends, if no one ranked above RDA is ready or willing to fight, he should fight below his rank. After he said (and has shown) that he's willing to fight anyone and isn't a diva

Depends, if no one ranked above RDA is ready or willing to fight, he should fight below his rank. After he said (and has shown) that he's willing to fight anyone and isn't a diva
Yeah but I'm sure somebody ahead of him would gladly take the fight at this point. Dan Hooker would probably take it.

It is late ! Islam injured 6 day before thé fight ! He would be sanctionned for it ! It is unprofessionnel

The sad reality is that most of @top 10 of the LW and WW divisions are synonymous cherry pickers and inactivity, the UFC let the champs get away with it starting with Canner and TWood (Who was active at the beginning of his reign) insert a string of interim titles, injuries, Ramadan, and a champ who doesn’t know what he wants depending on the day of the week and here we are...

Don’t expect anything to change anytime soon until a guy like Khamzat gets his hands on the belt

RDA will likely be ranked 7th, as that was Felder's (really high) spot. Or close. I think should be 7th. Guys right above are Oliveira and Hooker. Those are new, good fights for RDA to see if he's still in the title mix as a 36-year-old LW. You don't go lower ranked, good but unproven, at that age. Time's ticking.

I think Islam (Ali) should do everything it takes to be active. Take on number 11, 10 or even 13. But he needs to fight to not get rusty, to progress. It's the one thing fighters constantly talk about, live experience being invaluable. Can't be compared to training. Then the big fights come and they're easier.

Waiting for the name opponent just means waiting more, inactivity for the already inactive. Take on all comers. It solves things.

Last edited:
Give RDA either Chandler or Hooker next.

Wrong again

Shortly after Oliveira pulled out, he asked to be in a vacant title shot.

Shortly after CDF pulled out he said he's available to fight RDA.

Hypocrite.
disappointed you did not use this at the beginning <TrumpWrong1>other then that. You slaying left and right brother.

As a RDA fan i wish him to continue to climb to the top.

What the fuck is ”Brooklyn gangster” doing nowdays? Book him against Islam

pretty sure that beating Khabib's best friend live on PPV watched around the world, on the same card as khabib and gaethje in fight islands does much more for you than beating the no12 ranked welterweight in a poor fight night ...

If felder would've beaten islam on the same card as khabib, he would ve get much more of hype than beatin RDA who just loss to chiesa, dont be dumb ...
@Steve Fox ?

An absent Islam has more chance of hurting him than punching bag Felder.

RDA should not fight Islam. I'd like to see him fight a top 5-7 guy. However someone in the top ten should be forced to fight Islam. Maybe Paul Felder
Al Iaquinta. Either fight or lose your ranking. Iaquinta is just looking for a payday anyway, Ali should offer to supplement whatever pay he’d get. Islam just needs a fucking fight, beating Iaquinta gets him in the top 10 and keeps him busy.

Back