Media Islam Makhachaev interview with ESPN ( Cliffs)

Looks under pressure. I think he lacks the mental strength to endure the spotlight.

I'm not sure who will win this one.
On paper, Islam wins. But you never know with Hooker.

Dan said he got better wrestling trainers in Vegas than at his camps in New Zealand.

He also had a camp just prior to this and Islam is also taking a stylistically different opponent on short notice. Also I don't believe Islam trained at AKA for this camp.

I'm not saying Dan's camp was ideal but it's not like Dan has much worse circumstances than Islam.
Heres a Bisping saying the same thing, they got better wrestlers/grapplers in Vegas ( Xtreme Couture). Long as video but Bisping explains it here. Not sure but think Dan Hardy said the same thing.

Long video from the breakdown.

Islam realistically just Isn’t looking forward to doing that brutally rough weight cut more than once every 6-8 months (don’t blame him)
He may not be looking forward to cutting weight (who is?) but I’m not sure where you’re getting this 6-8 month timeline? His last fight was mid July, about three months ago. Prior to that he fought in March. Sure he didn’t fight at all in 2020 but we went through a pandemic and he lost his lifelong coach as well, I tend to think inactivity is excusable in that case.

Dan’s coach said New Zealand wrestling is better than Dagestani wrestling lololol

Hasbulla gonna bless UFC 267 with his presence.

Even Hooker shared it on his instagram story. Not gonna lie Islam vs Hooker is much more fun then Islam va RDA

Islam turning 30 today, like Khabib always say it his prime time.

@Ackmed

Last edited:
If Islam wins, I'd say he has a better claim for a TS over the winner of Gaethje/Chandler. The only one who has as strong a claim would be Daruish, but imo beating current version of Hooker is better than beating the current version of Tony. Worst case they can book Islam vs Daruish for TS.

If Islam wins, I'd say he has a better claim for a TS over the winner of Gaethje/Chandler. The only one who has as strong a claim would be Daruish, but imo beating current version of Hooker is better than beating the current version of Tony. Worst case they can book Islam vs Daruish for TS.

After tonight's performance Dariush doesn't have a claim anymore.

Dominating Hooker so quick in round 1 is much more impressive than winning a 3 round decision against the current version of Tony

I'm now convinced

These days I dont have a ton of extra money. But I'm going to start betting every single cent I have on ever muslim/dagestan fighter

Back