Media Islam Makhachaev ( Ali) tweeting about the top 10 in the LW division

155 division... You are taking everything I work for MF....

Finally Khabib fans are waking up to this clown who is endlessly praised despite doing a piss poor job for most of his guys like Islam.

The guy has a hard on for Kamaru Usman, WW is where his attention is at right now, he is doing everything he can to avoid Kamaru having to fight a legitimate opponent like Edwards or Covington.
Im just waiting for RDA to call him out on this. He usually does it, lol. Ali use to be Rafael Dos Anjos manager.

We get it, you don't like those 2 fighers. If you think for one second that the reason people did not fight Khabib is because they were worried about him pulling out, then I have a bridge I would like to sell you...It is a well known fact that fighers had no interest in scrapping with Khabib until he was ranked high enough for the risk to be worth the squeeze.

And in regards to Islam, he literally is doing exactly what you are suggesting. He is fighting a non ranked opponent just to stay busy

We all have our biases, but sometimes it helps to be self aware enough not to post if your bias obscures logic

Great post bro I'm outta likes so I quoted

Yeah this is probably Ali tweeting but he wouldn't tweet something that Islam didn't agree with or even consented to

So Ali calling his own clients Gaethje/Dariush "bunch of clowns".

<{fry}>

Islam i also very respectful , Ali should stop with this bullshit.

Islam is respectful but he also has a sense of humor and can talk shit to promote at times

Like in his octagon interview years ago after one of his wins he goes "there's a lot of bums in top 15!"

And "Sambo not like jiu jitsu. This is another level. I showed you."

He also said he'd "retire Tony" given the chance

If you’re talking about fighters then it’s an even dumber statement, fighters don’t take fights because they “care” about or are enamored by their opponents. They take whatever gets them closer to their goal of a title. Nobody offers fights because they care about anyone. Matchmaking is a utilitarian exercise.
a win over islam does nothing for a top 10 fighter, they do want to fight those above to get closer to the title as you said, a loss to him only sets them back. i am not talking about emotionally caring as a mother would care about her son, caring in the sense what a fight with him will do to their career.

Islam is respectful but he also has a sense of humor and can talk shit to promote at times

Like in his octagon interview years ago after one of his wins he goes "there's a lot of bums in top 15!"

And "Sambo not like jiu jitsu. This is another level. I showed you."

He also said he'd "retire Tony" given the chance
Islam in my opinion maybe a quiet guy but hes on of the funniest guy in AKA, love that he always shits on "mini DC" Deron Win. Every time he gets the opportunity its game over, nobody is safe not even Khabib.

But this tweet is not Islam Makhachaev.

Nobody is safe brother.
Screenshot_20210514-024124_Twitter.jpg

Risky in the sense that there is a very significant possibility that Islam, like Khabib, might pull out of the fight. They have each pulled out of 5 fights in the UFC.

Top fighters aren't keen to invest their time and money into training camps for an opponent that has a long history of pulling out of fights.

If Islam wants to get Top 10 opponents, he needs to either start fighting more often and establish a track record of not pulling out or ask the UFC to let him be an alternate in case somebody else pulls out of a fight against a Top 10 opponent.
When exactly?
Islam Makhachev's history with canceled bouts:

Despite signing with the UFC in 2014, Makhachev still hasn't broken through to the top ten of the lightweight division. This is not in any way reflective of the Dagestani's skills inside the octagon.

Islam Makhachev was scheduled to face Alexander Hernandez at UFC 249 on April 18, 2020. However, Makhachev was removed from the card due to COVID-19 travel restrictions and was replaced by Omar Morales.

The Dagestani was expected to face veteran Rafael dos Anjos at UFC 254 on October 24, 2020. Unfortunately, Dos Anjos tested positive for COVID-19 and he was removed from the bout. The UFC failed to find a replacement opponent for Makhachev, so his fight with Dos Anjos was rescheduled for November 14, 2020. However, this time Makhachev was forced to pull out from the event owing to a staph infection. Paul Felder stepped in to replace the Dagestani.

RDA recently called out Justin Gaethje on Twitter, and this didn't sit well with Islam Makhachev. The wrestler claimed that his fight with RDA had been scheduled, and Dos Anjos shouldn't try to run away.
--.sportskeeda.com

He pulled out only once when he got infection.

-He couldn't go to USA due to covid travel restrictions in April 18 / 2020, that's not Islam's fault.
-RDA got tested covid positive in October 24 / 2020, so RDA pulled out, that's not Islam's fault as well, then UFC failed to find a replacement opponent for Islam. But when Islam pulled out due to infection, they find Paul Felder as a replacement opponent for fighting RDA.

It looks like UFC couldn't find opponent for Islam when RDA pulled out, but then they helped RDA to find an opponent after Islam pulled out (Paul Felder).

Yes, that is Ali. But, this is the same problem that Khabib ran into. And one that is often forgotten. It does decrease your resume when most of the top 10 sees you as too risky of a fight to take
Yup, which is why UFC should do something about this when something like this happens again. If they don't want to fight him, they should simply lower their rankings and put Islam in front of them even if Islam fights an unranked opponent.

Last edited:
a win over islam does nothing for a top 10 fighter, they do want to fight those above to get closer to the title as you said, a loss to him only sets them back. i am not talking about emotionally caring as a mother would care about her son, caring in the sense what a fight with him will do to their career.
Ok but what’s the point of what you said then? Top ranked fighters don’t wanna fight lower down the ranking, duh. What’s the point of framing it as “nobody cares about Islam” unless you’re just throwing shade?

Ok but what’s the point of what you said then? Top ranked fighters don’t wanna fight lower down the ranking, duh. What’s the point of framing it as “nobody cares about Islam” unless you’re just throwing shade?
i was just making a broad and valid statement because their tweet is just arrogant.

If only Ali was jamaican. He could make the fighters all talk in Patois.

"Hey, my youth. Some boy dem, dey pon de octagon an' ting, an... de boy defend the title and ting, an... I gwa'an, an' I say... oh, dana white nah wan' gimme my title shot an ting. An'... every title my title an... I want my money an' ting, ya know? Ah no see dat! Go, go, ya know, me wan' deal with de case proper. Ya nah see it?" - Islam Mackachev

When exactly
Dos Anjos: Makhachev pulled out due to a staph infection

Hernandez: Makhachev pulled out due to travel restrictions

Trinaldo: Makhachev pulled out due to undisclosed reasons

Prazeres: Makhachev pulled out due to religious reasons

Dober: Makhachev pulled out due to a failed drug test

Yes, that is Ali. But, this is the same problem that Khabib ran into. And one that is often forgotten. It does decrease your resume when most of the top 10 sees you as too risky of a fight to take

That is not true, I think it's another myth. Khabib won 5 fights in 2 years and then was set to fight Melendez who was ranked #2 at LW and Khabib was already top 10. Fight fell through and he got RDA two months later who was ranked top 5. So Khabib got the big fights quick.

Islam has been in the UFC 6 years and has 9 fights. He is actually having trouble getting the big names.

LMAO love Islam but no way he actually talks like that
<36>

Who cares, Islam will win that belt regardless if it takes 1 or 2 more fights.

He easily demolishes anyone of the 4 dudes who were on that press conference
Idk I used to think that but Oliveira is a problem

Dos Anjos: Makhachev pulled out due to a staph infection

Hernandez: Makhachev pulled out due to travel restrictions

Trinaldo: Makhachev pulled out due to undisclosed reasons

Prazeres: Makhachev pulled out due to religious reasons

Dober: Makhachev pulled out due to a failed drug test
Trinaldo fight wasn't even official

Who cares, Islam will win that belt regardless if it takes 1 or 2 more fights.

He easily demolishes anyone of the 4 dudes who were on that press conference
he easily beats tony. has a competitive first rd with dariush and then dismantles him. chandler (ko) and oliveira (tko) live imo, i think islam should be favoured but it's not a wash.

Back