Islam Makachev is not champ material

It’s not even necessarily about the skills. To be a champ you have to also be mentally strong, extremely disciplined and motivated. And not everyone has it in them.

True but there is nothing in Islam's game that shows he hasnt got them. I am not sure he would ever be champ but I think it will be more due to UFC politics than actually skills.

I’m unfamiliar with this guy. I’m not sure if I’ve seen him fight, only read about him on here.

I think it is more of a lack of comprehension from your part mate. I ll start again for you ;) :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never said Islam is utterly dominant, I never said he is the most dominant LW in the roster, I said he is the most dominant LW in the roster AFTER tony and habib and possibly after ferreira too. Using sarcasm to dispute a claim I never made, make you sound stupid ...

Now maybe you disagree with my first statement too ? so other than islam, who is more dominant than him in the LW division not named habib, tony, ferreira ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Islam vs Tsakuryan is not that recent, I don't know if you ve been watching MMA lately, but both fought since this fight.

Tsarkuryan fought olivier Obin Mercier, who is a legit good fighter and won. So saying " hasn't beaten anyone good" is another wrong statement from your part. He's been named among the top MMA prospect to look for 2020. It is a question of time before he enter the top 15.

Islam fought the ADCC winner, davi ramos and won to. He is currently on a 6 fights winning streak, without losing a round I believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before using sarcasm to make fun of someone's opinion, make sure you understand it before ... Looking forward to your answer.
@winkydinks bro you died ? what's up ? can't accept you lack of comprehension ? good boy run from this thread !
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Skill/technique wise he absolutely is

however he doesnt have the intangibles and pure physical imposition and athleticism Khabib does. Islam isnt a bad athlete or anything but hes nothing special and his chin is questionable too

His wrassling is on another level, better than Habib's.
His chin is a bit suspect.
His gameplan and fight iq not ripe yet.
His mic skills don't matter.

His wrassling is on another level, better than Habib's.
His chin is a bit suspect.
His gameplan and fight iq not ripe yet.
His mic skills don't matter.
How do you know his wrestling is better than Khabibs?

He doesn't have the confidance that Khabib has, he can barely speak English, he's not good on the mic, his wrestling doesn't seem to be on the same level as Khabib, he was having legit trouble vs at that time a 22 year old guy making his debut Arman Tsarukyan, his chin seems to be suspect and his standup although more fluid than Khabib isnt enough to make him a champ, he's well rounded but doesnt really have that thing that separates him from the rest, i dont see him becoming a champ in a stacked division like LW.
<Fedor23>
Fucking casuals! :mad: You can't be an MMA champ if you don't speak English now?!?!?! Fuck off!

You know who else fits the description "can barely speak English, he's not good on the mic"?

The guy who's gif you used in your own post - FEDOR.

And to be clear: I don't think Islam is champ material either - because of his fighting skills - but certainly not because he can't speak English.

My point: this is a FIGHTING sport. You win by FIGHTING, not speaking English, not dancing, not trash talk, not selling whiskey! If those were the criteria we'd only have Americans fighting Brits ffs! Fuck this narrative and fuck WWE fans who only need DRAMA.

He doesn't have the confidance that Khabib has, he can barely speak English, he's not good on the mic, his wrestling doesn't seem to be on the same level as Khabib, he was having legit trouble vs at that time a 22 year old guy making his debut Arman Tsarukyan, his chin seems to be suspect and his standup although more fluid than Khabib isnt enough to make him a champ, he's well rounded but doesnt really have that thing that separates him from the rest, i dont see him becoming a champ in a stacked division like LW.
<Fedor23>
He has a very good chance against everyone not named tony.

DC said so.
Yeah thats what i thought.
I dont know if you noticed, but the whole AKA camp are knwon to spread these "training stories" of Khabib and his crew, to increase their reputation and marketability. I wouldnt put too much emphasis on this, especially since they basically admitted to exaggerate these rumors on camera multiple times.

Edit: Doenst mean Islam isnt possibly better than Khabib. We just dont really know.

Yeah thats what i thought.
I dont know if you noticed, but the whole AKA camp are knwon to spread these "training stories" of Khabib and his crew, to increase their reputation and marketability. I wouldnt put too much emphasis on this, especially since they basically admitted to exaggerate these rumors on camera multiple times.

Edit: Doenst mean Islam isnt possibly better than Khabib. We just dont really know.

I'v also watched footage of the guy training and effortlesly shutting down everybody at AKA. Also watched his fights. I'm convinced that Makachev is the best wrassler in MMA. He is just not polished yet to become a champ, like Habib in the early days, doesn't know what he is doing in there.

I think it is more of a lack of comprehension from your part mate. I ll start again for you ;) :

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never said Islam is utterly dominant, I never said he is the most dominant LW in the roster, I said he is the most dominant LW in the roster AFTER tony and habib and possibly after ferreira too. Using sarcasm to dispute a claim I never made, make you sound stupid ...

Now maybe you disagree with my first statement too ? so other than islam, who is more dominant than him in the LW division not named habib, tony, ferreira ?

- Islam vs Tsakuryan is not that recent, I don't know if you ve been watching MMA lately, but both fought since this fight.

Tsarkuryan fought olivier Obin Mercier, who is a legit good fighter and won. So saying " hasn't beaten anyone good" is another wrong statement from your part. He's been named among the top MMA prospect to look for 2020. It is a question of time before he enter the top 15.

Islam fought the ADCC winner, davi ramos and won to. He is currently on a 6 fights winning streak, without losing a round I believe.

Before using sarcasm to make fun of someone's opinion, make sure you understand it before ... Looking forward to your answer.
Can't be the most dominant fighter if you're fighting c and d level opposition, especially if you've had a competitive with one of them. Mercier hasn't won in a couple of years, which is bummish within the context of that division, and beating him doesn't prove Tsarukyan will amount to anything in the UFC. I know both him and Islam have fought since, but ten months is a recent fight within the context of this level of mma.

Regardless, as of late, Gaethje has been more dominant, in terms of both how he's winning and the level of competition. If we go down to Islam's level of competition, Oliveira blows him out of the park in terms of dominance.

I'm sorry if mild sarcasm in response to your opinion offended you. I'll try to be nicer from now on.

Can't be the most dominant fighter if you're fighting c and d level opposition, especially if you've had a competitive with one of them. Mercier hasn't won in a couple of years, which is bummish within the context of that division, and beating him doesn't prove Tsarukyan will amount to anything in the UFC. I know both him and Islam have fought since, but ten months is a recent fight within the context of this level of mma.

Regardless, as of late, Gaethje has been more dominant, in terms of both how he's winning and the level of competition. If we go down to Islam's level of competition, Oliveira blows him out of the park in terms of dominance.

I'm sorry if mild sarcasm in response to your opinion offended you. I'll try to be nicer from now on.
I stop reading after " Can't be the most dominant fighter" again never say that, what is the point arguing with someone who can't even understand the language ?

I stop reading after " Can't be the most dominant fighter" again never say that, what is the point arguing with someone who can't even understand the language ?
Let me be more forward then.

Gaethje and Oliveira have been more dominant than Islam. If you take away the Khabib loss, add Poirier to the list as well. You're the one who called me out for ducking your reply. I don't know what fucking linguistic circles you're talking about, but I think I've been pretty clear. Maybe you just don't have a response, so you're just left to making it seem like I'm not understanding.

Back