Islam Makachev is not champ material

He doesn't have the confidance that Khabib has, he can barely speak English, he's not good on the mic, his wrestling doesn't seem to be on the same level as Khabib, he was having legit trouble vs at that time a 22 year old guy making his debut Arman Tsarukyan, his chin seems to be suspect and his standup although more fluid than Khabib isnt enough to make him a champ, he's well rounded but doesnt really have that thing that separates him from the rest, i dont see him becoming a champ in a stacked division like LW.
<Fedor23>
I don't think you are taking into consideration the sharktank of divison that is LW. All the way to the bottom of top 10 there are guys that can be champs on the right day. Just killers. It's not a shock that he can look pedestrian vs some low ranked guys or even debutants. Because the division is ultra competitive and you really have to go outside top 15 to find a guy that is not that good.

And you are not taking into consideration that the top 10 is in constant motion. Some fighters are gonna retire, others can go on a slide, or chose to go fight elsewhere. And again this is because of the competitive nature of 155. Here things move more rapidly than in other divisions. Even if you are not cream of the crop, if you are consistent and improve even by little steps, soon or later an oppening will show up.

Maybe you are fair in you assesment as a whole, but you missed some key things. :)

I think they'd stuff his wrestling and box him up. His striking just doesn't look that good to me but he certainly is good and has plenty of room to improve
The same Felder who got held down for almost a round against Edson Barboza? Would be pretty easy for Islam.

Matt Serra was on TUF comebacks and won the belt...He lost a bunch early on.

Hughes lost to Hallman and became the GOAT. Is he still the GOAT, no, but he was widely considered it in the UFC.

I'm sure there are countless other examples.

The same Felder who got held down for almost a round against Edson Barboza? Would be pretty easy for Islam.
I mean nobody expects a take down attempt from a striker like Barboza. Felder also was only down for a couple of minutes and battered Barboza with elbows.
Against Islam he would fight expecting the shot.

Since when "speaking english" is a must to be champion? Dont use Fedor for this kind of trash.

yes, but how many of them have lost to UFC fighters who are no longer in the UFC?

UFC Champions that qualify:

- Jon Jones (DQ against Matt Hamill)
- Kamaru Usman (sub by Jose Caceres)
- Henry Cejudo (TKO by Mighty Mouse)
- Amanda Nunes (TKO by Cat Zingano)
- Valentina Ševchenko (doctor stoppage against Liz Carmouche)

Weirdly specific question. You're welcome.

in before acky shows up, goes insane, and drops his hulk hoganesque eat your vitamins say your prayers type islam hype

something along the times of him having movie star good looks , best tdd in lw
history , winning a large amount of consecutive rounds , and being the best lay ackmed has ever had

@Ackmed @Rob Edwards @Chael_Sonnen
@HI SCOTT NEWMAN

Today, objectively, among all the current LW fighters, other than habib and tony he's the most dominant one, maybe with ferreira too ?

Now we can criticize the lvl of competition which is totally fair ( even though he beat some hard stylistic match ups, adcc winner, D1 wrestler etc ), that's why it is really time for him to face some top 10 guys, hopefully Al or Cowboy is next.

I would bet on him against many top 10 LW guys, other than gaethje, tony and habib obviously who are really bad match up for him.

I think he made a mistake by not going on US medias, like the helwani show to promote himself, probably listening to his weird manager ...
Yea because it was utter domination when he recently fought UFC legend Arman Tsarukyan

Lol, anyone can get KO'd if you don't pay attention and yes even cans win and have good moments sometimes. You may as well say you don't like Islam, that would be fine and much more honest that this deluded, ignorant post. You are basicaly saying that 'good fighters don't loose to cans' well, guess what ? Yes they do, especially in their early career.

it's not that i don't like him, i feel nothing for him, which is probably worse. i don't like Conor McGregor, but only an idiot would think he sucks. i do not feel the same when i watch Islam fight. i get he's good, but people are acting like he's some world beater with exactly zero top 10 wins. i feel the same about Zabit, they're gaining hype because of the mysticism around Dagestani fighters.

i've seen this happen before in MMA. it happened with Brazilians. every new Brazilian was some crazy monster never before seen skill level but hardly any ever lived up to the hype. it was all just remnants of the Gracie era.

i'm not saying good fighters don't lose to cans, i'm saying future world champions do not get KO'd by cans. if you think i'm full of shit you can just start naming all the champions who have been KO'd by nobodys. i'll name you one, Andrei Arlovski. but as i said in my former post, besides HW, there's no other weight classes where champions were KO'd by cans.

maybe Islam will prove me wrong and then you can bump my posts and gloat over the internet, but until then, you don't have much of an argument for what i can see except to personally attack me.

He doesn't have the confidance that Khabib has, he can barely speak English, he's not good on the mic, his wrestling doesn't seem to be on the same level as Khabib, he was having legit trouble vs at that time a 22 year old guy making his debut Arman Tsarukyan, his chin seems to be suspect and his standup although more fluid than Khabib isnt enough to make him a champ, he's well rounded but doesnt really have that thing that separates him from the rest, i dont see him becoming a champ in a stacked division like LW.
<Fedor23>

Did he actually lose to DC in a wrestling match? Saw a headline somewhere but didn't care enough to read about it.

And yes, I'm aware of the weight difference.

UFC Champions that qualify:

- Jon Jones (DQ against Matt Hamill)
- Kamaru Usman (sub by Jose Caceres)
- Henry Cejudo (TKO by Mighty Mouse)
- Amanda Nunes (TKO by Cat Zingano)
- Valentina Ševchenko (doctor stoppage against Liz Carmouche)

Weirdly specific question. You're welcome.

those guys weren't KO'd by CANS....

over half those people fought for UFC world titles lol

it's not that i don't like him, i feel nothing for him, which is probably worse. i don't like Conor McGregor, but only an idiot would think he sucks. i do not feel the same when i watch Islam fight. i get he's good, but people are acting like he's some world beater with exactly zero top 10 wins. i feel the same about Zabit, they're gaining hype because of the mysticism around Dagestani fighters.

i've seen this happen before in MMA. it happened with Brazilians. every new Brazilian was some crazy monster never before seen skill level but hardly any ever lived up to the hype. it was all just remnants of the Gracie era.

i'm not saying good fighters don't lose to cans, i'm saying future world champions do not get KO'd by cans. if you think i'm full of shit you can just start naming all the champions who have been KO'd by nobodys. i'll name you one, Andrei Arlovski. but as i said in my former post, besides HW, there's no other weight classes where champions were KO'd by cans.

maybe Islam will prove me wrong and then you can bump my posts and gloat over the internet, but until then, you don't have much of an argument for what i can see except to personally attack me.

I like Islam because he has great potential, he's good, he wins. You don't get to 7-1 just by coincidence, that's all. My point still stands, and you were the one personally attacking me by assuming I had a low IQ. I leave it at that. Good night/Good day wherever you are.

I like Islam because he has great potential, he's good, he wins. You don't get to 7-1 just by coincidence, that's all. My point still stands, and you were the one personally attacking me by assuming I had a low IQ. I leave it at that. Good night/Good day wherever you are.

i never mentioned low IQ. i don't care whether or not people think Islam is a world champion, i'm just giving my opinion. i never said he didn't have potential, but i think it's a little early to call him a world champion.

it's like looking at a bunch of school kids playing football and being like "this one is guaranteed to be a NFL player".

You can tell that he thinks he's next in line after khabib, lmao aka and khabibs dad brainwashed him thinking he's even better than khabib waiting out of respect, he's chinny and not chatismaticsomebody is gonna ko him stifffff and he'll become a meme 100%

I don't think you are taking into consideration the sharktank of divison that is LW. All the way to the bottom of top 10 there are guys that can be champs on the right day. Just killers. It's not a shock that he can look pedestrian vs some low ranked guys or even debutants. Because the division is ultra competitive and you really have to go outside top 15 to find a guy that is not that good.

And you are not taking into consideration that the top 10 is in constant motion. Some fighters are gonna retire, others can go on a slide, or chose to go fight elsewhere. And again this is because of the competitive nature of 155. Here things move more rapidly than in other divisions. Even if you are not cream of the crop, if you are consistent and improve even by little steps, soon or later an oppening will show up.

Maybe you are fair in you assesment as a whole, but you missed some key things. :)
True, one of the reasons Eddie Alvarez getting a title shot after going 2-1 with 2 split decisions was atrocious

Hard to know if he’s champion material since hardly anyone wants to fight him.

I point you to my post, Matt Serra and Matt Hughes were both finished by cans (depending on your definition, both victors were at best journey men).

i never mentioned low IQ. i don't care whether or not people think Islam is a world champion, i'm just giving my opinion. i never said he didn't have potential, but i think it's a little early to call him a world champion.

it's like looking at a bunch of school kids playing football and being like "this one is guaranteed to be a NFL player".

Islam has by far the best striking defence in UFC, the dude literally doesn't get hit. He trains with 180 pound Khabib on a daily basis and nobody can match his level of wrestling apart from Khabib. He could absolutely maul Tony Ferguson.

Back