Shoop (ISL) International Shoop League Season 8 Sign Up and Trash Talking Thread! UFC 249 and 251!

bigwaverider

✌️ SHOOP MOD ✌️
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Round 1 Scores are here. Red Thread & Blue Thread
Round 2 Scores are here
Shoop off between @iron skin and @arqueto to determine the Winner

IT'S TIME! ISL Season 8 is upon us. Sign up here to enter Sherdog's most prestigious, and high level Shoop contest, "The International Shoop League". Thus far we have $95 in prizes and more incoming!! See the "DONATIONS" section on how to donate.

The International Shoop League v8 will be a two round event. Round 1 will be for UFC 249: Ferguson vs. Gaethje, May 9, 2020 (9 days from now). The top 20 Shoops will advance to the Final Round which is "To Be Determined" due the UFC rescheduling and Covid-19. Entries will be due 72 hours after main event start time.

hE1H5lR.png

We will take the first 40 people that sign up and then we will take alternates. Alternates have pretty much a 100% chance of still making it in. If you sign-up and have to bow out, give @bigwaverider a courtesy PM so that any alternates can be notified that their spot is open.

******************************* DONATIONS *******************************
Thus far we have $150 in prizes and more is incoming!!
$75 @Zebra Cheeks, $30 @KeepingItReal, $25 @Frank McEdgar, $20 @MacGregor
More donations are welcome. We do Amazon eGift codes which can be purchased here. PM the code to @bigwaverider with "ISL 8 Donation" somewhere in the title. Even a $5 donation is awesome. We always need $5 chunks when dividing the prizes, so it will come in handy.
******************************* DONATIONS *******************************

**** If you want to sign up, post your intentions in this thread and tag @bigwaverider. Make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you want to enter. Do not just post a .gif as your intent to sign-up. It will be ignored. Do not say "IN" or anything else that can be misinterpreted. "I want to sign up @bigwaverider" would be a good response. Check the bottom of the OP to make sure you are added to the "contestants list"!! This is your responsibility to make sure. If you don't see your name in the contestant list and you see contestants being added after you have signed up, then @ tag or quote @bigwaverider in this thread. ****

***Note that all times and dates will be for USA East Coast (EST).

These are the rules thus far and are subject to change:

• First and foremost, at all times you are responsible for knowing the rules in the OP's of the contests. No excuses. Anything added to Contestant PM's will be considered art of the rules.

• Post your intentions to sign up in this thread. Make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you want to enter. Do not only post a .gif as your intent to sign-up. Do not say "IN" or anything else that can be misinterpreted. "I want to sign up" would be a good response. Also tag @bigwaverider to make sure I see it. If you don't @ tag bigwaverider, I may overlook your post and you won't be entered. This has happened before.

• Once entered, check the OP to make sure you are in the Contestants List at the bottom. P.M. and tag @bigwaverider if you are not added. It's up to you to make sure I have seen your post and that you are entered. This is VERY important.

• Entries will be submitted to @bigwaverider in a P.M. with your Username and “ISL Entry Round X” in the title. "X" will represent the proper round. For example "Bigwaverider ISL V8 Entry Round 1." Do not submit your entries until after the UFC events are over. I get a lot of PM's and it's best if all the entries are together, and properly titled in my PM box. If it is entered days before the contest it may get lost and overlooked. If you have a compelling reason to enter it early, them PM @bigwaverider and explain. There are always exceptions.

• The deadline for submission will be 72 hours after the respective UFC Card's Main Event start time.

• Voting will start shortly thereafter and last for 3 days.

• NEW RULE! There is a 50mb file size limit now.

• Images should be in .jpg, .png, or .gif format.

• We will allow Imgur video if your gif is going to be over 50MB, but only if @bigwaverider determines that your gif cannot be optimized to less than 50MB. There is a 60 second time limit on any gif that has to be converted to video. No audio.

• Do not re-use old shoops

• Do not post your images anywhere on the internet before or during the contest or you will be disqualified.

• You can use whatever program you would like. You can make it on cell phone, tablet, computer, or whatever else you would like.

• You can start early if you want.

• Shoops must relate to the respective UFC events or build-up.

• One entry per person.

• No vote trolling. You will be banned from further contests including NGS and MSPaint. This means in no way are you to ask or coerce others into voting for you.

• No threads about specific entrants until after the contest.

• We will determine the winner by combining your total votes from both rounds. Whoever has the most votes wins.

• If you have any questions, ask in this thread or P.M. @bigwaverider.

• Rules and prizes (if any) are subject to change.

Contestants: Do not attach your images to Sherdog or they will not be accepted. Use a proper image host. I recommend https://imgur.com or you can use your own. We do not allow images hosted on Photobucket as they have a user name in the URL.

• Do not put your user name in the name of your file or in it's URL.

• Don’t forget to thank those that donated. They believe in you and the scene, so show them some support too.

All contestants will be added to the Sherdog Shoop News PM Group (SDSN). If anyone else want to sign up click here. If anyone needs help making their image, then PM me. My PM box is an open door.

Now let the trash talking begin. :D

Contestant List:

01. @Ottawaguy
02. @Doughie99
03. @Myrddin Wild
04. @Arqueto (ISL 7 Champ)
05. @Empty Emp (So many "Champs". Help me out bro)
06. @HughPhug
07. @MacGregor
08. @Zebra Cheeks
09. @bigwaverider
10. @Buff
11. @Iron Skin
12. @propain14
13. @DLX
14. @ZOD66
15. @Boxiana
16. @Clippy
17. @MenthosLine
18. @Frank McEdgar
19. @Draxton
20. @dindonker (MS Paint v4 Champ)
21. @BlackPanther
22. @BigTruck
23. @lostdog000
24. @franquito
25. @Putaforkinya
26. @Roy D Rayge
27. @sherbro
28. @MichaelT
29. @true_fan
30. @Natural Order

Invitees names are in spoiler

Last edited:
Lots of shoops that say "cancelled" or have Khabib and Tony fighting in an old people's home incoming...

I hate to be pessimistic but I really thought we were getting out Shang Tsung island the last time... Hurt.

Whatever. Hook me up a spot... I'm in for teh lulz.

Dana gonna be watching like

PicsArt_04-03-01.29.00.jpg

tenor.gif

This Is gonna be great, excited to see sherdog feeling like sherdog again

Lots of shoops that say "cancelled" or have Khabib and Tony fighting in an old people's home incoming...

I hate to be pessimistic but I really thought we were getting out Shang Tsung island the last time... Hurt.

Whatever. Hook me up a spot... I'm in for teh lulz.

Dana gonna be watching like

View attachment 764695

This is what we do brah. We shoop. If it falls through, we can blame Dana. #9

tenor.gif

@bigwaverider

i want to sign up!

#10 sir
giphy.webp

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back